Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-30-2007, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostship
As has been mentioned on this thread countless times, the Customer Service # serves primarily as a complaint desk. So when you call, they assume you're complaining about how long your order is taking. And since the CS person has no clue how long your order should take, their only recourse is to refer your complaint to your dealer. Your dealer will respond to the Dealer Direct Inquiry by saying "The Dealer is aware of the problem". There's nothing the dealer can do...with one exception: if you have ordered a specific option that is experiencing a parts restriction, you could ask the dealer to change your order deleting that option, so that your order would be able to proceed (the MyGig delay would be a most recent example, although there are no current delays due to parts). That benefits you if and only if that part was truly holding up your order. If your only problem was waiting behind 30,000 other orders, deleting an option will have no effect.

Other than that, once your order is in the system, neither the Dealer nor Customer Service can effect the speed at which that order gets built. Having CS open a file, and assigning you a Reference Number, will save you and them time in the future. From now on when you call, all you have to do is state your name and Reference # and any CS person can pull up your file in the computer, read it quickly and know that all you want is a build status update, without having to ask you a whole bunch of questions first.

But, having them contact the dealer will not result in "getting the dealer moving" or advancing your order in the system any faster than if you've never called at all. Your dealer will now think that you've been complaining to Chrysler about them though, and will probably ask you to contact them for a status update from now on, or they will assure you that they'll call when there's a change in your status.

I call Customer Service instead of my dealer because it's quicker. If I call my dealer, I have to work around my salesman's schedule, and could call 3 or more times before finally reaching him, then have to wait even longer for him to go to the Dealer Direct system to check my status. (Actually, he checks the status every morning when he gets in to work, but most salespeople don't). When I call CS, the person on the phone is sitting in front of the Dealer Direct system, and after a quick read of my Reference file, reads me the Status code. That process usually takes less than 2 minutes. I'm always sure to let them know that I'm not calling to complain, just so that there's no misunderstanding.
Thank you for the info.

I called my dealer last night to tell them that they may be contacted and that I was not trying to start trouble. They said that they had received a notification but did not know what it was. The owner of the dealership told me that I may be onto something, but I know that I am not.

Will the dealer be notified everytime I call? I don't need to look like a crazy to someone I know, but a CS rep is okay.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKFlex
I called the 1-800 #,I have A vin # and I have been in D status since 10/4/07. I just called the# again yesterday and they said I am still in D status, but I got A email today from my dealer that said it is almost complete and he should have A ship date for me soon. Who should I believe?

Good quick move for ya, been in D for about the same time... Hoping for a move soon to D-1....
Old 10-30-2007, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been called by my dealer. Finally scheduled to build. but he didn't have the build date yet.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
Thank you for the info.

I called my dealer last night to tell them that they may be contacted and that I was not trying to start trouble. They said that they had received a notification but did not know what it was. The owner of the dealership told me that I may be onto something, but I know that I am not.

Will the dealer be notified everytime I call? I don't need to look like a crazy to someone I know, but a CS rep is okay.
No, the dealer will only be notified if the Customer Service rep says they are going to contect them. They shouldn't do that without asking you first if you want them to contact the dealer. So if they ask, just say 'no thank you'.

They will make a notation in your file every time you call, though. So they'll know if you've called once a week, or have been calling every day (I know of a couple folks that were calling 3 times a day!!). This may account for why some people seem to be treated differently than others by CS. That and the fact that they're only human, lol.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

I called again this week to get my weekly update and I was told that I am still in D status. However my sales rep said they should have an est. shipping date next week when I call in??? Does that make sense? I think she is full of it!!! I guess we will see next week!
Old 10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

First, thanks to all here - including "Ghostwolf" - who have helped others understand a sometimes complex and (for some) frustrating experience.

Thus far, I've had exactly the opposite experience, although I certainly do commiserate with all here who are enduring such long waits. My dealer - a pretty good guy - just called. The Jeep I ordered on October 2 has been built and is awaiting inspection ("I" status). Initially, after reading GW's forecasts of waits lasting up to 8 months, I'd (groan) expected this thing to come in around May of next year. And I do know that has happened to some here. So the dealer's call was a pleasant surprise.

08 Sahara 2-door, uncomfortably equipped
rock red
soft top
no "my Gig"
no AC
tow package
limited slip diff.
full doors

. . . and that's about it. Guess I'll install a 2.5" BB, shock extenders, a canopy top - and then just enjoy it for a few months.

10/02 ordered
10/22 "D"
10/23 "D-1"
10/31 "I"
Old 10-31-2007, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Newbie Question

Just placed my order last Thursday (October 26th) and am hoping to have my Jeep Green 2Dr Rubicon in time for the spring

Thanks to some very helpful information in this forum I have a better idea on what to expect and how to get an update on my order.

My newbie question - what's the JK stand for? I swaer I looked but could not find the answer
Old 10-31-2007, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Perzuki
First, thanks to all here - including "Ghostwolf" - who have helped others understand a sometimes complex and (for some) frustrating experience.

Thus far, I've had exactly the opposite experience, although I certainly do commiserate with all here who are enduring such long waits. My dealer - a pretty good guy - just called. The Jeep I ordered on October 2 has been built and is awaiting inspection ("I" status). Initially, after reading GW's forecasts of waits lasting up to 8 months, I'd (groan) expected this thing to come in around May of next year. And I do know that has happened to some here. So the dealer's call was a pleasant surprise.

08 Sahara 2-door, uncomfortably equipped
rock red
soft top
no "my Gig"
no AC
tow package
limited slip diff.
full doors

. . . and that's about it. Guess I'll install a 2.5" BB, shock extenders, a canopy top - and then just enjoy it for a few months.

10/02 ordered
10/22 "D"
10/23 "D-1"
10/31 "I"
I'm in I status too, since the 22nd which was my last status update and est. ship. I think the QC guy is on vacation. I haven't called the last couple of days because I've been driving myself crazy over it.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

With tomorrow being the first of the month, will allocation occur tomorrow or will it be in the next few days?

I am hoping to see some movement on my order. My dealer is confident that my order will get pulled. We will see...
Old 10-31-2007, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

n/m. called. there is a set time to call

Last edited by Tommy3rd; 11-01-2007 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes