Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-29-2007, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Called. Jeep in Transit.

The dealer made my day. He called about 10 minutes ago and told me my Jeep is in transit. Should see it sometime soon.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

happy for ya.

i called today, still in BX, on both Rubi's. feels like they are never coming home.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

OK I am getting freakin excited......dealer said that my Sahara is scheduled to be delivered on the 31st!!!! They need 1 day to get it all cleaned up and ready....so with any luck I will be driving it on the 1st.....good thing I took the 1st and 2nd off

I dont think I am going to sleep very well the next few nights waiting!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Great Information, Thank You. I am new to this site, as I ordered my JK on Oct, 7 07.

Again Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. It saves me from requesting it from my dealer.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Welcome

Originally Posted by STORM
Great Information, Thank You. I am new to this site, as I ordered my JK on Oct, 7 07.

Again Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. It saves me from requesting it from my dealer.
Welcome to the waiting room Storm. I've been here since early July.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
I called today to the Customer Service number for the first time. They gave me the update and told me that they were going to forward the file to my Jeep dealer to try to get the dealer moving.

What will the dealer receive and should I warn them that I called. I had no intention of undermining the dealer, I just wanted info.
As has been mentioned on this thread countless times, the Customer Service # serves primarily as a complaint desk. So when you call, they assume you're complaining about how long your order is taking. And since the CS person has no clue how long your order should take, their only recourse is to refer your complaint to your dealer. Your dealer will respond to the Dealer Direct Inquiry by saying "The Dealer is aware of the problem". There's nothing the dealer can do...with one exception: if you have ordered a specific option that is experiencing a parts restriction, you could ask the dealer to change your order deleting that option, so that your order would be able to proceed (the MyGig delay would be a most recent example, although there are no current delays due to parts). That benefits you if and only if that part was truly holding up your order. If your only problem was waiting behind 30,000 other orders, deleting an option will have no effect.

Other than that, once your order is in the system, neither the Dealer nor Customer Service can effect the speed at which that order gets built. Having CS open a file, and assigning you a Reference Number, will save you and them time in the future. From now on when you call, all you have to do is state your name and Reference # and any CS person can pull up your file in the computer, read it quickly and know that all you want is a build status update, without having to ask you a whole bunch of questions first.

But, having them contact the dealer will not result in "getting the dealer moving" or advancing your order in the system any faster than if you've never called at all. Your dealer will now think that you've been complaining to Chrysler about them though, and will probably ask you to contact them for a status update from now on, or they will assure you that they'll call when there's a change in your status.

I call Customer Service instead of my dealer because it's quicker. If I call my dealer, I have to work around my salesman's schedule, and could call 3 or more times before finally reaching him, then have to wait even longer for him to go to the Dealer Direct system to check my status. (Actually, he checks the status every morning when he gets in to work, but most salespeople don't). When I call CS, the person on the phone is sitting in front of the Dealer Direct system, and after a quick read of my Reference file, reads me the Status code. That process usually takes less than 2 minutes. I'm always sure to let them know that I'm not calling to complain, just so that there's no misunderstanding.

Last edited by Ghostship; 10-30-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Swampdonkey

This Is Soo Cool Guys, Thanks for the plethora of information that is contained in this forum,

Called today,

My Jeep is in E ( Frame ) staus at the moment

again Thanks Everyone
Old 10-30-2007, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Default Just got "the call" today

My 08 Sahara has arrived in Miami and is being delivered to the dealer today....Ordered in late Aug...
Old 10-30-2007, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Congrats Fireman , Another successful delivery of a new born, But this time it is yours.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default Confused

I called the 1-800 #,I have A vin # and I have been in D status since 10/4/07. I just called the# again yesterday and they said I am still in D status, but I got A email today from my dealer that said it is almost complete and he should have A ship date for me soon. Who should I believe?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes