Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-25-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One other thought on the reasons that only SOME here are having delivery issues:

Mr. Jeep averred to dealer allocations as a possible factor in order turnaround times. As I understand it, the number of Jeeps sitting on a dealer's lot, and his ability to sell them, might cause Jeep to delay the special orders from that dealer. Conversely, a dealer with NO Wranglers on his lot and the proven ability to sell every one that comes his way might be sent to the front of the line? I'm not sure, but it does seem that dealer allocation issues come into play.

But . . . how the hell do you fix THAT? Do you ask your dealer, "Will allocation issues be a factor in receiving my order?" Hey, it's hard to imagine the dealer that wouldn't be tempted to lie in his/her response.

Duane Behrens
Old 10-25-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

The point of the forum is to be able to learn about what is happening to others, share your stories and expierences and discuss what is on your mind. If this means bitch and whining, so what.

The whole thing is that a Wrangler is different than most other vehicles. Owners love them and live by them. To wait 8 months for a car is a long time. It is almost how long it take to make a baby. It is not of of anger, but rather anticipation that we are all anxious.

Everytime we read a thread that indicates someone just got theirs, it is always followed by "worth the wait". I am at 6 weeks of waiting now and am still in BG status, for my Unlimite Sahara. I know that I probably won't see it until December, but it is worth the wait.

I know that the best thing to do is be patient and not get all pissd off. This just makes it feel longer. It is the American way to want what you want and want it now!

I feel like my 3 year old waiting for a piece of bubble gum.. NOW, NOW, NOW!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Perzuki
One other thought on the reasons that only SOME here are having delivery issues:

Mr. Jeep averred to dealer allocations as a possible factor in order turnaround times. As I understand it, the number of Jeeps sitting on a dealer's lot, and his ability to sell them, might cause Jeep to delay the special orders from that dealer. Conversely, a dealer with NO Wranglers on his lot and the proven ability to sell every one that comes his way might be sent to the front of the line? I'm not sure, but it does seem that dealer allocation issues come into play.

But . . . how the hell do you fix THAT? Do you ask your dealer, "Will allocation issues be a factor in receiving my order?" Hey, it's hard to imagine the dealer that wouldn't be tempted to lie in his/her response.

Duane Behrens

As I have mentioned before, I sent 7 years working at dealerships as a sales manager.

Many times, the dealers do not necessarily know what is really happening. I would always get customers coming to me to tell me that we have a new model coming out, availibility issues or corporate issues.

These forums do give a lot of information, accurate or not, to the public.

I finally got in the mode of reading forums and educating my slaes force on what is happening. It simply puts you behind the 8 ball if you only rely on corporate for information. It is all smoke in mirrors when you deal with corporate.

As much as we all want to blame the dealer, most of the times the are just a pawn in the game. MOST OF THE TIME!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Perzuki
Well, if "venting your frustrations" is all you were looking for from this list, I'm glad you found it helpful.

Looking over past posts on the subject seems to indicate that ordering the following models/options/items may delay your order by weeks, or perhaps months:

A. 1/2 windows with the side air bags (this seems to stop orders in their TRACKS)

B. "Rubicon" model type in the 4-door configuration.

C. Hardtop.

D. "myGig" (whatever that is).

Have I left anything off?

Hopefully, potential customers who read this will be forewarned that the above items MAY delay their order by months . . . although even THAT seems unclear.

Take care.

Duane Behrens
("Perzuki")
The only thing that's clear is posting or re-posting false, inaccurate or old information helps absolutely no-one. Why you insist on posting complete speculation, I have no clue. Why you think you're able to refute what I offer as fact, through the use of personal attacks and character assassination, is beyond me. It's as if you believe that by attacking my credibility, it somehow makes you someone. That's a sign of a very small man, indeed.

There are no current long-term JK parts restrictions.

There is no delay inherent in ordering half-doors (no such thing as half-windows) with or without Supplemental Side Air Bags.

There is no delay with hard tops.

There is no delay with MyGig.

There is no delay with Rubicon Unlimiteds; save for the fact that a Rubicon is a limited production vehicle, whose parts also have limited production, whose sold order list is over 12,000, while its daily build capacity is less that 65. This results, using simple math, in an 8 month average wait to build an order. This is not a delay. It's just a long time waiting in line behind orders placed ahead of yours.

In comparison, they are building 590 non-Rubicons per day, and have ~30,000 non-Rubicon Sold Orders in the system. Once again using simple division, non-Rubicon orders take an average of 8.5 weeks to build. Of those non-Rubicon orders, X's will get built quicker than Saharas because they build more X's per day than Saharas.

The nature of Just-In-Time inventory is that the assembly plant does not have to stock 30-day+ supplies of parts. Because it's computerized, and linked to the Dealer Direct system, on any given day your order may have a status of BGL or 'material restriction'. However, that very part shortage could be remedied in an hour, much less a day or two. It doesn't mean you're waiting for months on end because of that one snapshot in time.

I have nothing against complaining and using this thread to vent our frustrations. I see that as perfectly acceptable and cathartic, and have done my share of complaining here. But posting false information has & will result in people making poor decisions with $30,000+ of their hard-earned money. I think the only thing worse than assuming your salesman is your "dealer" and knows everything that is happening at the assembly plant, is to believe the posts on the Internet by people who readily admit they don't know what the hell is going on, then proceed to tell the world what's what.

Perzuki, if you have some facts to refute what I've just posted, feel free to respond. I'm pretty sure you could use an even larger font size this time.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is not the thread to vent your frustrations...so keep it on topic or I'll start deleting posts...

This thread is clearly to discuss the status of your JK. Nothing more.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still........
Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yetibear

still........
It's moving towards you at least. I'm afraid to call for the 3 day in a row and my JK still be in QC. Scared it failed.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Talking Rubicon Unlimited on the way!

OK - My turn to celebrate!

Placed Order 2-Jul-07
30-Jul-07 BG
05-Sep-07 D
17-Oct-07 D-1
25-Oct-07 KZM

115 Days
17 Weeks
3 Months, 23 days

True, not in my hands – yet. But on the rail car heading to Arizona. Better than the “D” no-mans land (“no-persons land” more PC?).

Since most of the posts don’t specify what exactly is ordered, here’s my specs:

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, every option except MyGig.

Hang in there! It only seems like forever.

Last edited by AZJeeper; 10-25-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

OK seems reasonable.
Jeep Green Unlimited Rubicon, everything but MyGig, I can read a map.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
OK - My turn to celebrate!

30-Jul-07 BG
05-Sep-07 D
17-Oct-07 D-1
25-Oct-07 KZM

115 Days
17 Weeks
3 Months, 23 days

True, not in my hands – yet. But on the rail car heading to Arizona. Better than the “D” no-mans land (“no-persons land” more PC?).

Since most of the posts don’t specify what exactly is ordered, here’s my specs:

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, every option except MyGig.

Hang in there! It only seems like forever.

Nice quick move for you there....My fingers crossed I will be out of D this week sometime... Been in D for over 3 weeks now.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes