Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-24-2007, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy3rd
does getting one really mean I'm almost there? I placed my order on 10-05-07, and I was just given my 17 digit VIN number.
Don't get too excited unlimited/Rubicon folks...i only ordered a 2dr X.
We 4 door Rubicon folks don't get excited or upset when we hear about X's, Sahara's, and 2 door Rubi's comming along quickly. We aren't even bothered by other 4 dr Rubi's getting delivered. Most of us knew the wait we were in for and are just happy for those who are taking delivery.

Now I will say slow trains try my patience. The last 8 days have gone slower then the 5 months since I ordered. OK four and a half months since ordering, but it felt like 5.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my wifes Sahara was supposed to be here Monday but nooooo... somebody found out and started a little fire here in So Cal. And then the Highway Patrol found out so they closed the highway and then these bast..ds went a little further and found out which dealer so they made the fire go to their house........ Anyway still patiently waiting knowing its on the other side of the hill.
BTW, just found out that the factory has holds on builds that include the side air bags so if you ordered and can do without them then get ahold of your dealer. Have not heard the status of the My-GiGs. Ordered 9/13. At distribution center 10/19!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default restriction information link

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
Does anyone know of any restrictions that are in palce right now? I was told by DC Customer Service that mine is being held by a restriction, but he was as to what it was. I've seen a link to a page showing current restrictions in here before... anyone have it?

Mike
http://www.arifleet.com/production.html
Old 10-24-2007, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by buck380
My order is in the same situation as yours. Order went in one day either side of yours on 06/13/07; 4-dr. Rubicon, hard top with most of the options I could get except "Gig." Been told over time both by dealer and DC rep. order is held up due to "restrictions" but never told what the restrictions are. So the order bounces between BG & BX and has not moved forward. Been lectured by the "Ghost Guy" order status guru on this site that's just the way it is so get used to it. To me, as an old cogger and a graduate of business school who has been around a lot longer than 96% of the people on this site it's just piss poor management. Some get their Jeeps in six weeks - some wait 6-9 months. It does not have to be this way but unfortunately DC does not seem to be willing nor able to do anything to make the situation better. At the risk of offending everyone on this site who just admire and even adore their "Jeeps;" to me it's just a car. I already have a vintage Toyota 4WD P/U that will and has gone most places a Jeep will. That was not my objective when ordering this rig. If I'd known it was going to take this long I probably would have purchased something else and avoided all the hassle. I doubt that I will ever recommend that anyone go through this abuse with DC. In any case, I'm going elk hunting for a couple weeks high in the mountains away from the computer and phone. Maybe things will improve by the time I return but I'm not counting on it. If this thing gets settled by the first of the year I'd be shocked.

06/13/07 Placed order
08/02/07 BG
08/30/07 BG ( n/n find order)
09/14/07 BG
09/25/07 BG
10/04/07 BX
10/11/07 BX
10/18/07 BG (material restriction)
Lecture? All I've tried to do is introduce a little reality to the whining, bitching, fact-less posts so that people would understand why it takes as long as it takes. Thank you for helping me realize that I've just been wasting my time. Too bad your business school didn't teach the dynamics of Supply and Demand, Labor Relations or Production Management. If your limited production Rubicon Unlimited order, which takes an average of 8 months to build compared to X's that can be built in 4 weeks, arrives before February you should count yourself lucky, much less January.

For a MBA refresher, supply and demand decisions are totally in the purview of the Executives, Corporate Board Members and until recently Shareholders, not Management. New assembly plants don't magically appear overnight. Neither do new Collective Bargaining Agreements. Nor new Parts Suppliers. Ah hell, there I go again with another lecture................
Old 10-24-2007, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

From what I understand from an associate who works the the Dodge truck plant in Warren, MI, with the contract negotiations that were to happen, the short strike and now the question of whether or not the agreement made will gain approval the factories are very short in parts. They knew that trouble could be brewing and cut way back on parts inventory.

From what I have heard in the past, factories usually only have about a 2 day supply on hand.

I wonder if this will affect production or if they will just build back up in supply in a timely fashion.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Waiting for my Sahara Unlimited

The waiting is over, I took delivery of my Red Rock Sahara 4 door at 5:00 pm today. It took 3 agonizing months but now I am as happy as a pig in s......t. Now for the mods.

2008 Red Rock Sahara Unlimited
Both tops
My gig
Posi
Tow hitch
Side air bars
six speed
Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Default Its here biaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch

Mine did not take long at all. I ordered my Rescue Green Sahara 4dr/ mygig............on Sept. 11. It came today (oct. 24). Three weeks before expected. My dealer said things have been coming in quicker than expected. Peaceeeeeeeee i am going wheelingg..
Old 10-24-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Finally seeing some movement on mine.

2 dr rubicon w/ dual tops.

Ordered Aug 11
BG Aug 28
D Sept 5
D-1 Oct 16
G on Oct 23
KZL Oct 24

Not sure how long it'll take to deliver. They are all built in Toledo right? I am in Cincinnati.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Big Tuna
Finally seeing some movement on mine.

2 dr rubicon w/ dual tops.

Ordered Aug 11
BG Aug 28
D Sept 5
D-1 Oct 16
G on Oct 23
KZL Oct 24

Not sure how long it'll take to deliver. They are all built in Toledo right? I am in Cincinnati.

My Sahara was built 10/22 and shipped the same day, as it arrived at the dealer on 10/23 at midnight. I took delivery on 10/24 at 5:00 pm after work.

Yours should be to you quickly.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Perzuki
Tell him (politely) what you've just told us. You might have a pleasant surprise in store. At the least, I think he'll redouble his efforts to find your vehicle, if you don't want the hassles and wait of a special order. Good luck.
I took your advice and told him exactly what is on my mind. I was firm in asking him to try to get one on trade and let him know that my loyalty to him was the only thing keeping me from driving three hours to get the exact Jeep that I want now.

I argued with him about being able to change my order in BG status. I want to switch from the hard top to the dual tops. He said he would try, but was not sure if he could.

I have not heard back from him in two full days. I am beginning to feel that he is not as loyal to me as I am to him.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes