Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-24-2007, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Garybtt
My Sahara was ordered on 8/04 and was built and shipped on 10/22, have your dealer call the zone rep, they can get a report from him that has much more detail than when we call. My dealer put a lot of presure on his zone rep to push my Sahara along as I was quoted two weeks ago that I might see my vehicle in December and almost cancelled my order. My Sahara is scheduled to deiver this Friday 10/26 and I should have it in my hands on Saturday.
Interesting. M y build date was the 22nd too and yesterday it was waiting to be QC'd. I wonder if my JK will be in the same Eastward bound train to NY and then put on a carrier down to my dealer? I wasn't going to call until Friday for an update but you got my hopes up.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know of any restrictions that are in palce right now? I was told by DC Customer Service that mine is being held by a restriction, but he was as to what it was. I've seen a link to a page showing current restrictions in here before... anyone have it?

Mike
Old 10-24-2007, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Sahara order went KZM
Rubi still D
Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
Ghostship... have you picked up your Rubicon yet? I see that you have been waiting quite some time too!
No, it hasn't been a long wait at all yet. My 2007 order took 8 months. Although my 2008 was ordered in June, they've only been building them for 3 months, and 8 months is the average wait time for Rubicon Unlimited's. 3 months is the average wait for all JK's combined. That's why it amazes me to hear people complain when it takes more than a month for their JK to be built!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

My dealer said about 6 weeks and nailed it. At the time I neglected to ask once it's built how long till it arrives.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default Finally!!

So, I ordered my JK Rubicon 4 door in March. I got the message, like alot of others, that I was going to have to reorder for a 2008. I did that. August 30th I got laid off from my job. I took my name off the order, as the dealer wanted to keep the Rubi coming, because we all know it will sell! Then I got another job, better pay, with the same place!!! Go figure. Yesterday, October 23rd I go to the dealer to reorder my JK. When I get there I see a Rubi that was the same color as what I ordered. I went up to it, started reading the sticker, noticing that it had all the things I ordered, and none that I didn't. I was excited! Then on the Jeep logo on the front of the hood, I see a name on it.....DAMN IT !!! I thought. As I am holding my head down, my Girlfriend noticed something else on the sticker in the window, My name!!!! I just about ran into the office to ask if anyone had taken it yet, and they said it had just arrived on Saturday and they were going to call me!!!!! Long story longer, I took it home yesterday!!!! Its in my driveway and I am so shocked I can't stand it!!!

When I figure out how to post pictures I will.

Hope everyone else has at very least the same excitement I do with mine!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default Same Old Story As Yours

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
Does anyone know of any restrictions that are in palce right now? I was told by DC Customer Service that mine is being held by a restriction, but he was as to what it was. I've seen a link to a page showing current restrictions in here before... anyone have it?

Mike
My order is in the same situation as yours. Order went in one day either side of yours on 06/13/07; 4-dr. Rubicon, hard top with most of the options I could get except "Gig." Been told over time both by dealer and DC rep. order is held up due to "restrictions" but never told what the restrictions are. So the order bounces between BG & BX and has not moved forward. Been lectured by the "Ghost Guy" order status guru on this site that's just the way it is so get used to it. To me, as an old cogger and a graduate of business school who has been around a lot longer than 96% of the people on this site it's just piss poor management. Some get their Jeeps in six weeks - some wait 6-9 months. It does not have to be this way but unfortunately DC does not seem to be willing nor able to do anything to make the situation better. At the risk of offending everyone on this site who just admire and even adore their "Jeeps;" to me it's just a car. I already have a vintage Toyota 4WD P/U that will and has gone most places a Jeep will. That was not my objective when ordering this rig. If I'd known it was going to take this long I probably would have purchased something else and avoided all the hassle. I doubt that I will ever recommend that anyone go through this abuse with DC. In any case, I'm going elk hunting for a couple weeks high in the mountains away from the computer and phone. Maybe things will improve by the time I return but I'm not counting on it. If this thing gets settled by the first of the year I'd be shocked.

06/13/07 Placed order
08/02/07 BG
08/30/07 BG ( n/n find order)
09/14/07 BG
09/25/07 BG
10/04/07 BX
10/11/07 BX
10/18/07 BG (material restriction)
Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Back to BG, what a bunch of crap. I think that there were finally enough rubi and sahara guys bitching to where they have all but killed off the X production. Look at the recent shipments and builds. All rubis and saharas. I'm glad that you guys that have been waiting a long time are getting your jeeps. I have to be happy for my jeep family. The infuriating part is seeing people that ordered weeks after you did getting their jeeps on time or ahead of time. I even purposely did not order anything exciting like mygig, hard top,etc. just so I could make sure something dumb would not happen. Well, it did anyway. I was told 6 to 8 weeks. It will be 8 weeks in 2 days and my jeep is still a twinkle in it's daddy's eye. I'll stop now before I start saying some really unpopular, but true things. Ok rant over. I do really mean the part about being happy for the guys getting theirs and I'm sure i'll be just as happy when i get mine. Just kinda funny how I pictured driving an 08 in 07 but I guess that ain't gonna happen.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default VIN Number

does getting one really mean I'm almost there? I placed my order on 10-05-07, and I was just given my 17 digit VIN number.
Don't get too excited unlimited/Rubicon folks...i only ordered a 2dr X.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Getting nervous... went to D1 on 10/18 with a ship date of 10/27. Called today to check if there was any progress.... still in D1 and 10/27's comin' up quick.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes