Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an update on my orders... My Sahara order has shipped as of yesterday. My Rubi order is still D with an estimated build date of 11/13. That would make it 6 months+ for the rubi, and about 2 for the Sahara.

Now to decide which one I want to keep...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-Man
I just got an update on my orders... My Sahara order has shipped as of yesterday. My Rubi order is still D with an estimated build date of 11/13. That would make it 6 months+ for the rubi, and about 2 for the Sahara.

Now to decide which one I want to keep...
Get real, keep them both......you know you wanna!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

I am in BG status and just asked my dealer to add the dual tops instead of just the hard top. He is telling me that this cannot be done. Everyone on here tells me that it can be done.

Who is right?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yeah I do...But there's a small thing called "money" that becomes a factor. lol! I am probably going to hold out for the Rubi, since it is what i really wanted. But if it gets delayed at all, no joy, I'll take the sahara. We'll see got a little time to figure it out while it is in transit...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got Dual Tops on both the Rubi and Sahara orders.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810

I am in the situation now where I placed my order September 12 and am still in a BG status. My 6-8 weeks for delivery is a total fallacy. I get on the locate on jeep.com and see the exact JK that I want sitting out there and the dealer won't try to get it. TOTAL BS.
Before I ordered my JK the dealer located one that I couldn't find on Jeep.com and tried to make the trade w/ the other dealer or so they claimed. They even had me come up and sign papers. Then they couldn't get it. I left and went to another dealer where they couldn't find it. So I went to order my jeep from this 2nd dealer but they wouldn't budge on my trade-in value. So I went back to the first dealer who had the better trade-in value on my '03 TJ. Did they really try to get that other vehicle? I don't know.

I'm interested to know what your options are in your order.

I also made a unknowingly wise decision and went with an established dealer who mainly deals in Jeeps and was familiar w/ ordering jeeps and not a new Chrysler dealer who isn't 5 stars yet. I'm not sure if that helped my progression or not.

Last edited by inajeep; 10-23-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by inajeep
Before I ordered my JK the dealer located one that I couldn't find on Jeep.com and tried to make the trade w/ the other dealer or so they claimed. They even had me come up and sign papers. Then they couldn't get it. I left and went to another dealer where they couldn't find it. So I went to order my jeep from this 2nd dealer but they wouldn't budge on my trade-in value. So I went back to the first dealer who had the better trade-in value on my '03 TJ. Did they really try to get that other vehicle? I don't know.

I'm interested to know what your options are in your order.

They probably did try to get it, but many dealers won't trade them.

The reason that they found one that you did not is that only Five Star dealers show up on the locate on the Jeep website. I guess that is one benefit of Five Star to the dealer is appearing on searches and being able to have their inventories online.

My Jeep is going to be a Silver Unlimited Sahara, 6 speed and hard top... hopefully dual tops if they can change it in BG status.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
These are very informative and good points to make.

There are still a few other variables in the equation.

The dealers do work off of an allocation based on previous months/ years of sales. So in fact a dealer that sold 300 Wranglers last year would be allocated more than a dealer that sold 50 Wranglers last year. The question then becomes do you go to the 300 or 50 vehicle store. I would think that you may have better luck in the 50 vehicle store due to a lesser demand. The 300 store may have more orders filled.

With that said, the 50 vehicle store may want to increase their market share and play with "sold" orders more than the 300 vehicle store. If they can squeeze out a few more units then the next allocation phase may give them more allocation of a hot product.

The other issue is that this is simple supply and demand until you add in the greed factor. Dealers know that you have ordered a vehicle from them and probably hae not done this with other dealerships. They have you in a corner. If they quote you 6-8 weeks for delivery and then at 6 weeks they tell you it will be another 4 or 5 weeks, what are you going to do? Chances are you are just simply waiting while the dealership is receiving stock units and delivering them to fresh meat.

I am in the situation now where I placed my order September 12 and am still in a BG status. My 6-8 weeks for delivery is a total fallacy. I get on the locate on jeep.com and see the exact JK that I want sitting out there and the dealer won't try to get it. TOTAL BS.

In the end of all of this, it is us the consumer that it utimately affectd by this. The dealer will sell every unit that they can get and they know that when ours arives, it will be delivered. A sold order is a bonus unit for a dealer and their monthly number of sold vehicles.

I spent 7 years in the dealerships and know how the game works. It was easy, fun and lucritive when I was on that end, but quite frankly sucks when I am on this end. I guess that is just Karma.
If you really spent 7 years in the business, then you'd know that what you're saying is complete garbage.

It does a dealer absolutely no good at all to "play with sold orders". He won't get a Sold Order any more quickly than he'd get an Inventory Order. The only effect that would have is that particular JK might be built and delivered before his other Inventory orders; that dealer will still get his First Vehicle when he was scheduled to get his first vehicle, only now which vehicle is first changes. It certainly will not get his dealership a Jeep before other dealers, simply because he marked it as Sold. A Sold Unit receives priority build status only above his other orders, it does nothing to change that dealer's allocation standing amongst the other dealers in the country. Sold Units count against Allocation; lying about the Sold status of a JK will not increase the number of vehicles Chrysler gives him this year. Also, Chrysler will also know that he's placing phantom orders and will respond very harshly, up to and including revoking his franchise.

You're certainly not "backed into a corner" when the dealership receives other JK's for their inventory before your order arrives. You are more than welcome to purchase one of them instead of continuing to wait for your order (or from any dealer in the country for that matter). Just because your order hasn't been built yet doesn't mean that the dealer is doing anything to cause it. The fact remains, once the order is placed, the dealer has very little control over that order. He can make changes to the order prior to it moving to D status. He can cancel that order. That's it. He can't slow it down, or speed up another sold order to get it built before yours. He can't force his Inventory Orders to arrive before your Sold Order. When your order gets built is entirely up to the Production facility, not the dealer.

Any changes that are made to your Sold Order are tracked in the Dealer Direct system, which will be readily apparent when you call Chrysler Customer Service for an order status update.

The length of time it takes for your order to be built depends on:

1- which JK Model and Options you've ordered
2- the number of sold orders for that model that are ahead of your order in the system
3- the production capacity of the assembly plant, and the numbers of your specific model they produce each day compared to the other models
4- any short-term parts restrictions

Simply dividing the total number of outstanding Orders for your model by the number of that model produced per day/week will tell you why your order is taking as long as it is. The "greed factor" has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you need a VIN number before you should call that number?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ghostship
If you really spent 7 years in the business, then you'd know that what you're saying is complete garbage.

It does a dealer absolutely no good at all to "play with sold orders". He won't get a Sold Order any more quickly than he'd get an Inventory Order. The only effect that would have is that particular JK might be built and delivered before his other Inventory orders; that dealer will still get his First Vehicle when he was scheduled to get his first vehicle, only now which vehicle is first changes. It certainly will not get his dealership a Jeep before other dealers, simply because he marked it as Sold. A Sold Unit receives priority build status only above his other orders, it does nothing to change that dealer's allocation standing amongst the other dealers in the country. Sold Units count against Allocation; lying about the Sold status of a JK will not increase the number of vehicles Chrysler gives him this year. Also, Chrysler will also know that he's placing phantom orders and will respond very harshly, up to and including revoking his franchise.

You're certainly not "backed into a corner" when the dealership receives other JK's for their inventory before your order arrives. You are more than welcome to purchase one of them instead of continuing to wait for your order (or from any dealer in the country for that matter). Just because your order hasn't been built yet doesn't mean that the dealer is doing anything to cause it. The fact remains, once the order is placed, the dealer has very little control over that order. He can make changes to the order prior to it moving to D status. He can cancel that order. That's it. He can't slow it down, or speed up another sold order to get it built before yours. He can't force his Inventory Orders to arrive before your Sold Order. When your order gets built is entirely up to the Production facility, not the dealer.

Any changes that are made to your Sold Order are tracked in the Dealer Direct system, which will be readily apparent when you call Chrysler Customer Service for an order status update.

The length of time it takes for your order to be built depends on:

1- which JK Model and Options you've ordered
2- the number of sold orders for that model that are ahead of your order in the system
3- the production capacity of the assembly plant, and the numbers of your specific model they produce each day compared to the other models
4- any short-term parts restrictions

Simply dividing the total number of outstanding Orders for your model by the number of that model produced per day/week will tell you why your order is taking as long as it is. The "greed factor" has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I spent my time with Mercedes-Benz and their order system may have been different than Chrysler.

Our system did count the sold cars as allocation but when it came time for the district reps to allocate for the next month, they would look at sold orders and add allocation for stock units if necessary. Chrysler may not do this.

When I said before about being backed into a corner, I meant that you may feel that way based on how long you have already waited for your order and not be willing to change dealerships becuase of the time invested in waiting for your current order.

The other thing that I have not seen mentioned on this topic is that the Liberty is also built in the Toledo factory and Chrysler is trying to get those out to dealers in full force. Has this affected production of the JK at all?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes