Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Perzuki
Your dealer will be notified of the date your car gets put on the train. He should also be notified when it goes on the truck for the last leg of its journey. Hopefully, he'll call you both times but in any case, rest assured he'll call you when it's on his lot!

Congrats - you must be getting stoked, knowing that it's really being built. . . quick turnaround time too, as was mine. I'm puzzled by all the "6 month wait" stories I've seen here (knock on wood - mine hasn't actually ARRIVED yet . . . )
I am a bit excited. I am trying not to guess how long it will take to get to the lot from Oh. I'm trying not to worry about train schedules, do they ship daily, Oh to NJ might even just trailer it.

A lot of those delays were due to myGig issues and Rubi orders or so I've read. I'm just glad/lucky mine seemed to go through normally. Although if I waited a couple of weeks I would have been able to buy one right off the lot w/ the same options as I ordered.

Last edited by inajeep; 10-22-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

...From your posts, my suspicious side tells me he's doing some trades with your order . . . accelerating someone else's order by stealing and then modifying yours, for example. Unfortunately, it happens, and the victims tend to be those who are the most patient. When buying cars, nice guys often do finish last. . . in this case, sent to the back of the line . . .

... If your order was stolen (transferred to another buyer), that should show up as well...

Duane Behrens ("Perzuki")
Could you tell me how this is remotely possible?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ghostship
Could you tell me how this is remotely possible?
If the dealer wants to speed up another order or evena stock unit, they can take a sold order and put it into a vehicle further back in line so that the frst unit will arrive before your order would.

I am sure that this is what is hapening with mine. I ordered from a small dealership who has never had more than two Unlimiteds on the lot. By taking my first one as stock and switching me to the next one, they will have a stock unit sooner.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default What can I expect now?

Hello all, have read everything on this site that applies. Called about my new order (Flame Red Rubi,hard top Its in BG as of 10-18....what can I expect time wise now????? SOOO excited to finally get my dream buggy...regular radio,doors,tow package-pretty normal stuff.... Thankyou for so much info to this point!!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
If the dealer wants to speed up another order or evena stock unit, they can take a sold order and put it into a vehicle further back in line so that the frst unit will arrive before your order would.

I am sure that this is what is hapening with mine. I ordered from a small dealership who has never had more than two Unlimiteds on the lot. By taking my first one as stock and switching me to the next one, they will have a stock unit sooner.
They didn't switch your order. They order two vehicles, both with your name on it. You ordered one then wanted to make a change to that order, and instead of changing the specs on that Sold Customer Order, they entered a Second Sold Customer Order.

Yes, they now have two Sold units in the system, and those two orders will receive priority build status ahead of the Dealer Inventory orders that they have in the system. So, the first order may indeed be received by the dealer, and would be available for sale, prior to the second order. They never would hav ebeen in the position to do this if you hadn't wanted to change your order.

But that is entirely different from switching names on a Sold Order from one customer to another in order to give a newer customer's order preferential treatment while making an older order in the system wait even longer. If they could do this, the "switch" would be readily apparent when you called Customer Service to check on the order status using your VON. The Dealer Direct system would clearly show any changes made to that order, including the fact that it was no longer in your name, thus no longer yours.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ghostship
They didn't switch your order. They order two vehicles, both with your name on it. You ordered one then wanted to make a change to that order, and instead of changing the specs on that Sold Customer Order, they entered a Second Sold Customer Order.

Yes, they now have two Sold units in the system, and those two orders will receive priority build status ahead of the Dealer Inventory orders that they have in the system. So, the first order may indeed be received by the dealer, and would be available for sale, prior to the second order. They never would hav ebeen in the position to do this if you hadn't wanted to change your order.

But that is entirely different from switching names on a Sold Order from one customer to another in order to give a newer customer's order preferential treatment while making an older order in the system wait even longer. If they could do this, the "switch" would be readily apparent when you called Customer Service to check on the order status using your VON. The Dealer Direct system would clearly show any changes made to that order, including the fact that it was no longer in your name, thus no longer yours.
"Hey, Jeff? This is Cash, down at Dewy-Cheatem-Anhow . . . you know that Jeep you wanted? I think we'll have it on our lot next week! Yep, I pulled some strings, and another buyer made some changes so we had to resubmit HIS order and, well anyway, looks like we'll have your Jeep here before you know it!

"Now, you WERE willing to go $1500 over list, right? Right - great! I'll call you the minute it gets here - should be just a couple of weeks!"
Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 PM
JK Junkie

Here's some hopeful news - the backlog on orders may be clearing. Here's my status to date:

October 2 - Ordered.
October 22 - "D" Status (a firm build date has been scheduled)

Funny. I ordered in October, hoping to take delivery by next May. So this surprises me.

Duane Behrens ("Perzuki")
2008 Sahara 2 door
Red Rock color
Black soft top
6-speed manual
Trac-Lok limited slip
Trailer Tow Group with 3.73 Axle Ratio
Upgraded stereo w/subwoofer, CD, MP3
Block heater
dont like this man
i can till JAN
other than that i'm drivin' one off the lot
Old 10-22-2007, 02:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My original order for an Unlimited X went in on September 12 and I changed to a Sahara on October 2.

I just had hime send me the invoice for the Sahara and there is a new VON number that was ordered on Oct 2. So instead of taking my order and modifying it, he created a new one. This pushes my order back by three weeks. What BS!

I have left him a voice mail. When he calls back he will hear my displeasure and I am going to put heat on him to try t find me one in dealerland.

I guess I should listen to my wife more often, this is what she told me to do last week.
When I said you can change you order anytime before it goes to D, I ment things like color, or the radio. If you ordered an X then changed to a Sahara, that is a whole new order, its a different model. That you can't change. It would be like ordering a Durango, and trying to modify that order to recieve a Pacifica. Jeep sees the X, and the Sahara, and the Rubi as seperate models, thats why your Sahara has a different order date and VON.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by yetibear
When I said you can change you order anytime before it goes to D, I ment things like color, or the radio. If you ordered an X then changed to a Sahara, that is a whole new order, its a different model. That you can't change. It would be like ordering a Durango, and trying to modify that order to recieve a Pacifica. Jeep sees the X, and the Sahara, and the Rubi as seperate models, thats why your Sahara has a different order date and VON.
I have already made the change of vehicle, but now I want to add the dual tops. The dealer says BG won't allow the dual top change.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

I have already made the change of vehicle, but now I want to add the dual tops. The dealer says BG won't allow the dual top change.

Whew. I'm starting to think that BOTH sides might have legitimate complaints in this transaction!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes