Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
If I am in BG status now, hot long until I will se my Jeep? It has already been 6 weeks and the dealer told me it would be 4-6 weeks to get it. I am getting impatient.
THIS COULD BE A FIRST,BUT I THINK HE LIED!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

To add to my BG status... I am ordering an Unlimited Sahara with a 6 speed and hard top.

My dealer says that a BG cannot be modified at this point... is this accurate?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To add to my BG status... I am ordering an Unlimited Sahara with a 6 speed and hard top.

sounds like another tiny little dealer white lie. They can modify your order any time before it goes to D. In BG/BX they CAN modify it, call him and call him some choice names, then tell him to get on the stick and change the order to what you want. Just do it now before you hit D.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Back to BG

Called today, back to BG I go :(

Maybe by the first of 2008, I'll have my 2008.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a dilema... my dealer is someone that I have purchased 6 cars from and I think he is too comfortable with me as a customer.

He has "looked" for Jeeps on locate and has found nothing but if I go outside of Michigan I can fin three that are my exact vehicle. He says that dealers outside of the state will not return any phone calls for trades because of the demand of the JK. I understand this but don't want to wait until Christmas to drive my JK.

When i do searches on Jeep.com, I am finding the same vehicle that I have ordered on dealer lots.

He is a good guy and has always treated us well. He lives around the corner from me so he will see this Jeep everyday when he drives by.

Do I sit and wait or be a jerk and go three hours away to get it?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Got to agree with Vetibear on this one.

I called to change the color on mine last week and had no troubles, since it hadn't yet gone to "D" status. Not only that, I went from "order" to "build" status in exactly 20 days.

Something's wrong. From your posts, my suspicious side tells me he's doing some trades with your order . . . accelerating someone else's order by stealing and then modifying yours, for example. Unfortunately, it happens, and the victims tend to be those who are the most patient. When buying cars, nice guys often do finish last. . . in this case, sent to the back of the line . . .

Get in there, tell him you want to see written verification and status updates on your order - from the date you ordered it. He can bring you up on his computer, show your progress and print the screen. If your order was stolen (transferred to another buyer), that should show up as well. Pay careful attention to the original order request date. It should correspond exactly with the day you placed your order. . . if you ordered it late in the afternoon, perhaps the next business day at most.

By the way, Mike Motors in Ely, Minnesota has been exactly the opposite. Did exactly what they said they'd do when they said they'd do it - and for the price we'd agreed upon, which was the lowest of three quotes I'd received. No association - just a great dealer experience that needs to be shared around.

Duane Behrens ("Perzuki")
Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

I have a dilema... my dealer is someone that I have purchased 6 cars from and I think he is too comfortable with me as a customer.

He has "looked" for Jeeps on locate and has found nothing but if I go outside of Michigan I can fin three that are my exact vehicle. He says that dealers outside of the state will not return any phone calls for trades because of the demand of the JK. I understand this but don't want to wait until Christmas to drive my JK.

When i do searches on Jeep.com, I am finding the same vehicle that I have ordered on dealer lots.

He is a good guy and has always treated us well. He lives around the corner from me so he will see this Jeep everyday when he drives by.

Do I sit and wait or be a jerk and go three hours away to get it?

Tell him (politely) what you've just told us. You might have a pleasant surprise in store. At the least, I think he'll redouble his efforts to find your vehicle, if you don't want the hassles and wait of a special order. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

My original order for an Unlimited X went in on September 12 and I changed to a Sahara on October 2.

I just had hime send me the invoice for the Sahara and there is a new VON number that was ordered on Oct 2. So instead of taking my order and modifying it, he created a new one. This pushes my order back by three weeks. What BS!

I have left him a voice mail. When he calls back he will hear my displeasure and I am going to put heat on him to try t find me one in dealerland.

I guess I should listen to my wife more often, this is what she told me to do last week.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Today's my JK's birthday. G status! Trimming.

So when does the dealer get notified of it's pending arrival? Or do they need to call themselves. So far I have not had any contact w/ the dealer since I called to get the Von.

Last edited by inajeep; 10-22-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by inajeep
So when does the dealer get notified of it's pending arrival? Or do they need to call themselves. So far I have not had any contact w/ the dealer since I called to get the Von.
Your dealer will be notified of the date your car gets put on the train. He should also be notified when it goes on the truck for the last leg of its journey. Hopefully, he'll call you both times but in any case, rest assured he'll call you when it's on his lot!

Congrats - you must be getting stoked, knowing that it's really being built. . . quick turnaround time too, as was mine. I'm puzzled by all the "6 month wait" stories I've seen here (knock on wood - mine hasn't actually ARRIVED yet . . . )

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes