Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 door Rubi arrived at dealer

Ordered 8/28/07
Arrived at Dealership 10/11/07
Now just a 1/2 mile trip over to Burnsville Off Road from the dealeship
Old 10-12-2007, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

Congrats 4weelin, another one leaves the waiting room.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roady
Does my Dealer know his allocation? If I called and asked him if CD was going to build him any more JK this year would he know?
Short answer...no. Yes he'd know if they had any more vehicles due them this year. No he's got no clue when they'll receive those vehicles. Yours is not an allocation problem.

You've really already answered your question. Since you know of someone that has just gotten their Jeep who ordered 3 months prior to you, and both of you have 2007 converted orders, that simply means they haven't caught up to you yet.

Just because you know of someone who has already taken delivery of their JK even though they ordered after you, doesn't mean that your dealer is at fault. You really have no clue exactly why that person got their JK so quickly. Just because he had a valid order doesn't mean the dealer couldn't have simply put his name on one of their inbound units. Or his dealer may not have received any Jeeps this year yet, and his order went to D quickly because of that. Or he could have just gotten lucky.

Your 2008 Sahara order has really only been waiting less than 3 months to be built, because regardless of when you placed the order, they didn't start 2008 production until July 23rd. Plus, there were thousands of orders ahead of yours. Yours could certainly have been delayed because of parts like My Gig and the Freedom Top. And, the average build time for Sahara Unlimiteds has been 4 to 5 months. None of that has anything to do with your dealer's allocation.

Be a little more patient. You're getting close, man. Hang in there.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

When you call the DC # to check the status do you just hit 0 to get an operator? There doesn't seem to be any menu option that fits? Sorry I am sure this as been asked somewere already in these 252 pages of post.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Allenbr
When you call the DC # to check the status do you just hit 0 to get an operator? There doesn't seem to be any menu option that fits? Sorry I am sure this as been asked somewere already in these 252 pages of post.
No, just follow the voice prompts. It changes sometimes so telling you the exact sequence now might be useless next week. You do have to provide your phone number or VIN. Also, once you call in and get a call reference number you can just refer to that for the agent to get your status.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Was originally supposed to get mine in 6 to 8 wks. dealer called me today and said end of this year or early next. This is just crap, but I chose to order and wait and that's what I am doing.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yoznarf
Was originally supposed to get mine in 6 to 8 wks. dealer called me today and said end of this year or early next. This is just crap, but I chose to order and wait and that's what I am doing.
That does suck. I have been looking at local dealers and found a couple I might have settled for but choose to stick w/ my order too. However, if I got that same call I would seriously consider going out and buying the Rubicon Unlimited I saw. Even though it's automatic. If my current TJ goes over 100k mileage wise it's trade-in value drops drastically. So any savings I had in ordering the JK Sahara goes out the window.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I ordered my Sahara Unllimited, Red Rock, Mygig, Additional Airbags, Anti-slip, Tow, remote start etc....on Sept 18th!

I am still in BG status as of today!

This sucks! I will be down to 1 vehicle at then end of this month! I NEED MY new RIDE!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in D now and have my VIN!
Tim
Old 10-12-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered my JK 3+ wks ago and its only in BX status. This wait is killing me. The 3 weeks feel like 3 years. Anyways, I'm from Toledo, and have friends and family that still work at the Jeep plant, so I sometimes get updates on whats going on there.

Here's an interesting article I found on the Toledo Blade's website concerning production:

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...SS02/611300359

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes