Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 10-09-2007, 11:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still waiting here
just hope not to get it by the end of 2008
that's really gonna suck
Old 10-10-2007, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Its Here

My dealer emailed me and said the best two words an man could ever here, besides free & beer, ITS HERE: Your timing is spot on! The Jeep was unloaded from the rail car yesterday & will be delivered to our preparation center tomorrow. I will have our business office call you to arrange pick up ASAP. The window sticker will be in the glove box for you.

TOO COOL: just had to share>

Last edited by CARGUYS; 10-11-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

In about an hour, we'll see if we are all pushed back with the STRIKE. Fun times :(
Old 10-10-2007, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joetter
Dumb question from a newbie. I ordered my Jeep a little while ago, but my dealer didn't give me any numbers (VIN or VON). I called them (the dealer) today and they said that they don't get customer order #'s, they only recieve a notice about 2 weeks before the Jeep comes in. Can I still get an update from DC, or will I need more info?
When I ordered mine the salesmanager printed off a sheet with all the option codes and a VON # while I was sitting in his office. Either they are lying to you or they are idiots.

I ordered my rubicon in July and finaly got to D status this month. Hoping for delivery by mid to end of November.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swampdonkey
In about an hour, we'll see if we are all pushed back with the STRIKE. Fun times :(
Chrysler Workers Start To Walk Out As Union Deadline Passes

Only two plants in Michigan so far, bu tI'm sure it'll spread to the rest of the country any minute.

damn it
Old 10-10-2007, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetter
Dumb question from a newbie. I ordered my Jeep a little while ago, but my dealer didn't give me any numbers (VIN or VON). I called them (the dealer) today and they said that they don't get customer order #'s, they only recieve a notice about 2 weeks before the Jeep comes in. Can I still get an update from DC, or will I need more info?

When I ordered mine the salesmanager printed off a sheet with all the option codes and a VON # while I was sitting in his office. Either they are lying to you or they are idiots.

I ordered my rubicon in July and finaly got to D status this month. Hoping for delivery by mid to end of November.

My dealer gave me a copy of the build sheet, but it has neither a vin nor a von. There is a spot on the sheet for each of those, but they are both blank??
Old 10-11-2007, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

It was likely that your sales guy had to wait for the sales manager or someone else to actually place the order into the system. Any of the sales guys could build the jeep and print out the list but they might not have had permission to actually input in the system yet. It should be now, call and ask for the VON. That's what I had to do.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default Questions

Ghostship, I have a question about dealership allocations and how it affects my wait time. I have studied your email about 'Allocation' and feel like I'm missing something. I ordered my Jeep with all of the "bad" options (mygig, freedom top...) back in May. I have seen some people recently get their very simular vehicles before me that ordered after me, and I have seen some people with simular vehicles just get their's that ordered back in February, months before my order. The only difference I can see is which dealership you ordered from. Also from the 'allocation email' it looks like before I can be held up by my dealer allocation my status needs to go to "C", then I can be denied. I don't think I have budged from BX or BG. Is it possible to go to C and then instantly be denied and put back to BX and I never see that C in my weekly callings to DC? IS it better to buy from a small or big dealership? I would think it would all wash out because a big dealership would have more allocation, but should have alot more orders from other people and a small dealership would have less allocation but fewer people ordering? I have gone through most of the 12 steps...excitement, bewilderment, anger, sadness, hopelessness, back to anger,....I feel like now I'm in acceptance but I just want information, the lack of information is worse than the waiting. I think the factory/dealership/customer service/corperation relationship might work nomally, but under thse circumstances (1000 new orders a day), it is totally disfuntional. It makes me wonder how they are still in business at times. It seems like this should be the lead-story on CNN everynight but I don't think anyone else cares. OK sorry for the long email, I'm going to go put on my white sneakers and drink the KoolAid.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roady
Ghostship, I have a question about dealership allocations and how it affects my wait time. I have studied your email about 'Allocation' and feel like I'm missing something. I ordered my Jeep with all of the "bad" options (mygig, freedom top...) back in May. I have seen some people recently get their very simular vehicles before me that ordered after me, and I have seen some people with simular vehicles just get their's that ordered back in February, months before my order. The only difference I can see is which dealership you ordered from. Also from the 'allocation email' it looks like before I can be held up by my dealer allocation my status needs to go to "C", then I can be denied. I don't think I have budged from BX or BG. Is it possible to go to C and then instantly be denied and put back to BX and I never see that C in my weekly callings to DC? IS it better to buy from a small or big dealership? I would think it would all wash out because a big dealership would have more allocation, but should have alot more orders from other people and a small dealership would have less allocation but fewer people ordering? I have gone through most of the 12 steps...excitement, bewilderment, anger, sadness, hopelessness, back to anger,....I feel like now I'm in acceptance but I just want information, the lack of information is worse than the waiting. I think the factory/dealership/customer service/corperation relationship might work nomally, but under thse circumstances (1000 new orders a day), it is totally disfuntional. It makes me wonder how they are still in business at times. It seems like this should be the lead-story on CNN everynight but I don't think anyone else cares. OK sorry for the long email, I'm going to go put on my white sneakers and drink the KoolAid.

You didn't post what date you ordered it. May was the cut-off month for 2007 orders, so if you placed your order after a certain day, you ordered a 2008. But, 2008 production didn't begin until the middle of July. So you would have had two months of waiting before you could even start the build-time-wait clock. That makes a huge difference. There were also ten's of thousands of 2007 orders left over, which were converted into 2008 orders and built ahead of new 2008 orders, further extending the wait time. Also, you didn't post what model of Wrangler you ordered. If it's an Unlimited Rubicon, your wait will be much longer (8.5 months average) than those who've ordered an X. So be sure you're comparing apples.

Yes, when you call to check your build status, that is simply a snapshot in time. Your order could certainly have progressed to C, then reverted back to B because your dealer did not have an available allocation, and you would have no way of knowing unless you called at the very moment it was happening.

Yes, your insight into how volume effects allocations is accurate, it pretty much washes out, from the perspective of the customer ordering a JK. The allocation process is a big bone of contention with the smaller volume dealers, simply because it guarantees that they'll never improve their sales. See, if sales were low last year, allocations are limited this year. If they can't get a JK to sell this year, sales will be low this year too, which means that allocations will be low next year again. It's a unbreakable cycle.

As an ordering customer, it doesn't hurt as much because at a larger dealer we're competing against a larger customer base. Except....except for the % of orders that the dealer's receive for their inventory. The small volume dealers may have all of their allocations eaten up with ordering customers, leaving nothing left over for their inventory. Whereas the large volume dealers have more room for orders AND extra inventory. So odds are a little better of getting a JK quicker at a high volume dealer.

The biggest problem we are facing with the JK order wait time is NOT because of dealer allocation. It's simply that Jeep isn't able to build them fast enough to keep up with demand.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

I put all of my order information in my signature line but I don't know how to tag that on. I'll figure it out.
I odered on May 11th, Sahara Unlimited/tow package/redrock...chicks dig redrock/mygig/freedom top/18" wheels....
I was in the computer system with a VON in the ever popular BG status, got rolled to an 08 and so I sit. This again was almost the exact same spread as a guy on this thread that ordered his in February and got his 2 weeks ago and same rig as a guy that ordered his in August and got his last week. I can't remember their names, but seems crazy. Does my Dealer know his allocation? If I called and asked him if CD was going to build him any more JK this year would he know?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes