Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 09-28-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yoznarf
There is no price lock. My dealer said the price can be more or less then what it was when you ordered, usually around a $200 difference. Mine has already gone up $100.
Hmmm. Well, maybe that's the case. I am only speaking about my own experience. The price she quoted me when I ordered is virtually the same now, actually a little less ($300). When I priced it out on the website, it was about $1500 more. I also have seen dealer lot prices, same set of options, for near the same $1500 above the price for the one I ordered. That is not to say the dealers would have come off the price, but according to the posts I have seen, they tend not to budge on Wranglers because they sell so well.

Anyway, the dealer called me yesterday and it's here. Going to pick it up in a couple of hours....

See you around!

And another one leaves the waiting room.........
Old 09-28-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inajeep
So my guess is right now the lines are tooling up to make a dent in the Rubi orders now. I see a bunch of us w/ Sahara orders are all at BG now. All those Sahara's I see on the lot make me feel like I ordered a month too late or if I waited 3 weeks I would have exactly what I wanted now but I'd spend more for it buying off list instead of invoice. *sigh* Talk about crappy timing. :sad:
I feel your pain, and I was thiking the exact same thing. we shall find out I suppose.. I called this morning and I am also at BG as of today......

Oh well.. Then again Im always the type to need to have something to look forward to.. and this is definetly something to look forward to.. (its actually a good thing because I wont spend money on other things til I take delivery on this currently non existing JK)

p.s. - Congrats Swamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo jealouss

Last edited by racer83l; 09-28-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=inajeep;189417]So my guess is right now the lines are tooling up to make a dent in the Rubi orders now. /QUOTE]

No, they're not.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Ghostship;189579]
Originally Posted by inajeep
So my guess is right now the lines are tooling up to make a dent in the Rubi orders now. /QUOTE]

No, they're not.
I never said it was an educated guess. So if they aren't making waffle irons this month the Sahara orders may get processed on time. Stock willing, of course.

Wow, with that huge backlog of Rubi's you'd think they'd pump them out. But like you posted, they have quotas and other driving forces in what get's done. Crossing my fingers.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=inajeep;189606]
Originally Posted by Ghostship

I never said it was an educated guess. So if they aren't making waffle irons this month the Sahara orders may get processed on time. Stock willing, of course.

Wow, with that huge backlog of Rubi's you'd think they'd pump them out. But like you posted, they have quotas and other driving forces in what get's done. Crossing my fingers.
LOL, I hear ya. There's a ~50,000 order backlog for JK's, only ~12,000 are for Rubi's. They build all models (X's, Sahara's, Rubi's, 2WD's) on the same line one after the other, no need to re-tool. They'll just keep plugging away putting out their set daily ratios of the JK models until Chrysler realizes that'd they'd be better off adding a third shift of production. Even then, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the average daily orders.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ghostship, Im curious, do you work at/for a dealer?? I envy your knowledge of Chryslers production
Old 09-28-2007, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default I think I just got taken

I sold my old Jeep last weekend (91, 5.5 inches on 33's, but 185,000 miles) and went today and ordered a new Rubicon (2dr, yellow, tow, 6 disc). The dealer that I ordered it from said he would be able to get me a Jeep for about $600 cheaper (27,590 OTD for the one I ordered) if I ordered one instead of picking one up off the lot. He also told me that I should get it in 2-3 months, but that it could be as early as 45 days. Are these wait times completely out of the questiong? I wish I would have seen this website earlier, I might have paid the extra money to get one sooner.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joetter
I sold my old Jeep last weekend (91, 5.5 inches on 33's, but 185,000 miles) and went today and ordered a new Rubicon (2dr, yellow, tow, 6 disc). The dealer that I ordered it from said he would be able to get me a Jeep for about $600 cheaper (27,590 OTD for the one I ordered) if I ordered one instead of picking one up off the lot. He also told me that I should get it in 2-3 months, but that it could be as early as 45 days. Are these wait times completely out of the questiong? I wish I would have seen this website earlier, I might have paid the extra money to get one sooner.
no mygig or hardtop? two door rubis without those options seem to have a faster turn around time... but 2-3 months seems to be kinda optimistic.

im sure others will chime in.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joetter
would a dealer tell a lie???
Old 09-28-2007, 01:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5andcounting
would a dealer tell a lie???
does a bear shit in the woods?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes