Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 09-27-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclops62
Check out this link BlackMountain posted in the Rumor\2008 Rubicon Delay thread.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...SS02/709250350
link doesnt work.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how could they change the price after you place an order? If chrysler raises the price, the dealer should eat the difference.. works the same way tho if it goes down, the dealer should keep it. Thats only how it works in my obscure mind tho. You agreed on a price, if it is in writing that is all you should pay.. Oh and p.s. I doubt the dealer really cares about the $100 but if you dont complain then you pay.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are you guys letting them charge you more/change the price? I'm confused. Are they giving you legitimate reasons?

EDIT: ^^^what he said.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by vaughnJK
Why are you guys letting them charge you more/change the price? I'm confused. Are they giving you legitimate reasons?

EDIT: ^^^what he said.
id bitch and moan until i got lower than what we had originally agreed on.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
Because the order sheet is 'Not an invoice'. It said so on the order sheet. And there are minor changes in prices that can occur during the long long long order/build/ship/deliver/happy customer process. If we had a invoice on a built Jeep then the price is to the penny. I'm not defending the dealer but that is how it was explained to me when I asked.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

link doesnt work.
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...SS02/709250350
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is a bit off topic.. But VaughnJK where did u get that Avatar of an '08 Sahara?? I dont see any like it in the Predefined Avatars...

<begin whine>I want a Steel Blue '08 Sahara Avatar</end whine>
JK Enthusiast

It's bizarre. Not to mention they now add a "doc fee". Utter BS. Its called dealer-added profit. (Known as DAP)

They tried to tell me that its to cover paperwork and such. And my salesman said if he wanted to buy a car, he'd have to pay it too. At that point I clinched my fists. I loathe being lied to.

My argument is that it's "the price of doing business", period. I told him he could find a new buyer and walked out (mid production)... Needless to say, I did not pay it. Whats next, are they going to charge a $20 fee for toilet paper in the john? Jesus Christ.

I say, tell them to eat it. Thats just bad business imo.

Last edited by vaughnJK; 09-27-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
I know this is a bit off topic.. But VaughnJK where did u get that Avatar of an '08 Sahara?? I dont see any like it in the Predefined Avatars...

<begin whine>I want a Steel Blue '08 Sahara Avatar</end whine>
I did it myself. I looked for one as well.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by vaughnJK
It's bizarre. Not to mention they now add a "doc fee". Utter BS. Its called dealer-added profit. (Known as DAP)

They tried to tell me that its to cover paperwork and such. And my salesman said if he wanted to buy a car, he'd have to pay it too. At that point I clinched my fists. I loathe being lied to.

My argument is that it's "the price of doing business", period. I told him he could find a new buyer and walked out (mid production)... Needless to say, I did not pay it. Whats next, are they going to charge a $20 fee for toilet paper in the john? Jesus Christ.

I say, tell them to eat it. Thats just bad business imo.
agreed. i plan on getting a lower price than what we had agreed on and on top of that, i plan on getting some freebies. raising voices and one firm startling fist pound on the table has worked in the past.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes