Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vaughnJK
Note to self: Ghostship is a sensitive guy. Be extra polite when asking questions.

Let me help you out here because you are looking quite foolish.

"Im sorry are you saying that your post was called for?"—No, my post specifically said yours was not. Re-read it scholar.

"To paraphrase your post, I don't know what I am talking about so why don't you prove yourself wrong for me"—Now your logic has become skewed.

"Seems like that makes you more "holier than thou" than me"—No, see, your logic has already crashed and burned. You cannot build a house on sand.

"You are right I have been doing a lot of disagreeing on the form lately"—Nah, I'd call it spewing information without backing it with valid facts or deductive logic, like you are miraculously always right.

"...because there are sooo many people posting garbage. I wont be doing that anymore."—Promise?

Geez, its like I'm talking to my 4 year old. Apparently you are so hell bent on being sour that you still cannot answer a simple question. Lighten up pal. Maybe take a St. John's Wart. Offending you was not my intent. Shoot, I just genuinely wanted to know the answer to the question. Hence, I must reflect on the first sentence of this post.

See you on the trails
You want simple? Try reading this thread. If you don't find the answer to your question, try using the search function of this forum. Do a little due diligence on your own.

If you had bothered doing either of those things, you would have known that the information I post here is based on my personal experience, having worked in both automotive production management and dealership management. I also frequently re-post information provided by industry insiders like ToledoJeep and ISellJeeps.

You have experience in neither. You have no direct knowledge, either. You simply want to argue. You offer nothing to support your argument except for " I heard and read..." without even bothering to post links to those sources so that I can read them. By doing so, you're simply ruining this forum as a resource for factual, timely information.

I'm not offended, sensitive, foolish, sour, illogical or nonfactual. The only reason you need to resort to personal attacks is because you lack the facts to refute my posts. Which was the whole point to this in the first place, wasn't it? You've got nothing to add to this conversation (you don't even have a vehicle on order anymore), you just thought you could use this as an opportunity to knock me down a peg or two because of other posts you've read on the forum. And you think I look foolish? Have you succeeded?

Yes, I'm right. I'm certain about what I post, that's why I'm posting. I'm not a post whore with 10+ posts a day responding to every thread on this forum. I just post a few times a week only if I see someone that can be helped with what I know.

If you want to prove me wrong, feel free to do so. Go get your facts. Name calling won't cut it.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
congrats! where are you located?
30 minutes west of Boston.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted_Grevers
30 minutes west of Boston.
bleh. 11.5 hours from toledo...

and im about 17 hours...
Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr Ted Grevers, When did you order your Jeep?????????
Old 09-27-2007, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ted_Grevers
Just got that magical call...

..it was just delivered to the dealership. Woohoo! Maybe I should take tomorrow off!
Congrats, Ted. Lucky bastard.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Swampmonster
I agree. That was one of the the things I learned when I placed my order, that it was cheaper to order than buy off the lot. I wouldn't have believed it, but my invoice says it in black in white. I'm saving about $1500 or so off MSRP. And I think there's a price lock too when you order, so they can't jack it up when it get's there. Neato!
Waiting sucks, but I can do it if I can save that kind of scratch. Plus, it's EXACTLY what I wanted.
There is no price lock. My dealer said the price can be more or less then what it was when you ordered, usually around a $200 difference. Mine has already gone up $100.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yoznarf
There is no price lock. My dealer said the price can be more or less then what it was when you ordered, usually around a $200 difference. Mine has already gone up $100.
Got told the same thing by my dealer. Give or take $30 is what he said. Granted it was a new salesman.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
Mr Ted Grevers, When did you order your Jeep?????????
The first week of June. I was moved to C status after going to D-1 when production of the 08s began. Due to the materials hold for MyGig, I was pulled from D-1 to C, but in the process earned the VIN number very early on. I was originally scheduled to ship on Aug 2nd, but then moved to Sept 20th... all reasonable in my mind.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out this link BlackMountain posted in the Rumor\2008 Rubicon Delay thread.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...SS02/709250350
Old 09-27-2007, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yoznarf
yoznarf, our orders are almost dead on!!!
My dealer also told me the $$ could fluctuate $200. He hasn't notified me of any changes, as of yet!!
At this point I just want it, and need it to be here. :whoaisme:

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes