Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 09-25-2007, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still waiting
Old 09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by K 92
GHOSTSHIP can you explain this for me please!!

'08 Unlimited Rubicon (2007 Ordered 22SEP06, BG 28SEP06, BX 23OCT06, D 11MAY07, Ordered 2008 07JUN07, '07 Built 10JUL07, '08 BG 11JUL07)

I dont get it :toung:
I ordered a 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited in September of 2006. By June of 2007, I realized that:
1- 2007 model year production was going to end in July.
2- 2008 model production was going to begin in July.
3- If my 2007 was order built in July, it'd be just my luck that it'd be built the last week of 2007 production, and be 1 Model Year Older (with an extra year's depreciation) by the time I took delivery.

So, I ordered a 2008 JK Rubicon just in case, knowing it would take a few extra months to be built. Sure enough, my 2007 was produced the last week of '07 production, and I decided not to buy it and am now waiting for my 2008 to be built.

Although I really don't know why I'm even bothering answering your question seeing as how in only your 2nd post on this forum you called me a liar. If you'd had bother to read even part of this thread you might have learned the truth on your own.

Last edited by Ghostship; 09-25-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

will ordered jeeps show up when you search the dealer inventory on jeep.com?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
will ordered jeeps show up when you search the dealer inventory on jeep.com?
I don't beleive so, as I've looked on lots, they only show online, what they have on the lot and in some cases it's been sold by the time I get there.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ghostship
I ordered a 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited in September of 2006. By June of 2007, I realized that:
1- 2007 model year production was going to end in July.
2- 2008 model production was going to begin in July.
3- If my 2007 was order built in July, it'd be just my luck that it'd be built the last week of 2007 production, and be 1 Model Year Older (with an extra year's depreciation) by the time I took delivery.

So, I ordered a 2008 JK Rubicon just in case, knowing it would take a few extra months to be built. Sure enough, my 2007 was produced the last week of '07 production, and I decided not to buy it and am now waiting for my 2008 to be built.

Although I really don't know why I'm even bothering answering your question seeing as how in only your 2nd post on this forum you called me a liar. If you'd had bother to read even part of this thread you might have learned the truth on your own.

Didn't call you liar!!
what i ment is that JEEP is being STUPID for taking so long to build this amount of jeeps in THIS period of TIME!!
the other thing is that 10 months is freaking to long You can wait, I CANT
i'm treading my 07 in for the 08 to many miles on it is not good for me. and I CANT WAIT 10 months!
plus if there is anyone who lied it's the dealer ship not you!!

even if u did lie to me for some reason, I really don't have to tell you that u did!!
get your cards right man,
peace \/

Last edited by Lo2aY; 09-25-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:41 PM
JK Junkie

I know a lot of people are frustrated with the length of time for an order, but here are a few things I think are happening. Remember, we have no control over this, so it's not worth getting upset over.

I just checked on Jeep.com and looked up all our local dealers who are listed there & every single one had more than 10 '08's on the lot. I also checked a couple of the smaller dealers that are not on the website and they had between 7-10 08's. This is just me guess here, but I think some of the early delays for specific orders on 08's had to do with the plant having to make so many to get them on lots. Most people do not order their vehicles, they buy off the lot, so the dealers need them to make sales.

Also, when we see order numbers, keep in mind that includes all dealership orders, not just customer orders, the factory can not differentiate between them. If you are looking for the one particular Jeep, keep checking all the dealerships in your area, odds are they will get something in that matches or is close enough if you are not able to wait. Most dealers I've checked with have no more than 3 customer orders currently, I'm not sure how many Jeep dealerships there are, but let's assume 1000, if each dealer has even 5 customer orders, that's only 5000 on order, the rest would be dealer stock orders. Now if they had a way to differentiate and Chrysler was customer oriented, they'd make the customer orders priority, then fulfill dealer orders, but unfortunately, they build based on how big the dealer is and how many they have on order(customer & stock).

If you are like me, which there are a lot of us, and want our Jeep a specific way, then we will need to learn some patience and understand this is a very popular vehicle and nearly 600 vehicles a day is very fast production. That's a Wrangler rolling off the production line every 2.4 minutes, if they are 24hrs, but I'm guessing thay are not, so it's probably more like 1.5 minutes.

Sorry for the long reply, I find this theraputic and lot better than punching a wall in frustration.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
JK Junkie

scouter4life

good point, but is it true that if a dealer sells more jeeps than other dealers they would get more priority over the others?
and then what if the order was a payed one, like putting a down payment or sumthin'
would that make a difference?

Lo2aY
Old 09-25-2007, 09:39 PM
JK Junkie

Unfortuantely, that seems to be the case, this thread is way to long to read the whole thing, but there are many examples of people getting their Jeeps a little faster with the larger dealerships.
Just about everyone has put a down payment, but as far as the factory is concerned, they really don't care as they invoice the dealership for the vehicle once it's been shipped, they are not pre-paid, so any money you put down, is strictly kept at the dealer level.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Zee
JK Freak

Has anyone in Canada had any luck uising the 1-800 number? My dealer has been of no help (says they don't have an update) and I have a vehicle to sell before the Rubi gets here.

On another note, I checked around some of teh dealers here, many have gotten the Rubi unlimited, but all have sold or were pre-sold. I went to a dealer on Saturday to buy a part for my ZJ, and they had 3 Rubi's on the lot, all with sold signs in them.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Finally getting somewhere !! Woo Hoo !

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes