Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 09-20-2007, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Called today to check status and my ship date went from 9/26 to 10/6 according to Jeep. The guy that answered the phone couldn't even pull up the vehicle and had to call my dealer for more info. ???? Not sure what he was doing, I've called before and they could pull it up with no problem. Hopefully he didn't know what he was talking about and I'm still scheduled for 9/26, not counting on it though. I think I will stick with letting my dealer check on status from now on.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Yah Hoo

My Dealer just called, my Rubicon's on a rail car in Ontario. As of this AM

KZM status.

Last edited by CARGUYS; 09-20-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey, i called a couple days ago and went into d-1 status and said est ship date was 9/26 (hopefully it is still that after reading deanot's post). the person on the phone, however, said that it will mostly likely (almost positive) it wont be out by then. By experience, any one have a good estimate on when it will come.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kuba
Hey, i called a couple days ago and went into d-1 status and said est ship date was 9/26 (hopefully it is still that after reading deanot's post). the person on the phone, however, said that it will mostly likely (almost positive) it wont be out by then. By experience, any one have a good estimate on when it will come.
My original ship date was the 25th, then they pulled it in to the 21st, then the 20th. It actually did ship today.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

I'm HOPING the guy at Jeep service had no idea what he was talking about. Carguys, I was a day ahead of you up until today, bet you can't wait. I know I can't!!! I guess it won't be long either way. CRAP, I want it tomorrow, who am I kidding.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

I'm going to post this, because I haven't seen anyone say it for a couple weeks, but my order just went from BX back to BG. I know this can happen, but I had not seen anyone posting that it happened to them recently. Anyone know what's on backorder to cause it to go back to BG?

Also, I think they must be going through changes in customer Service, because the first couple times I called, they were very nuce and had no issues pulling up my information, however the last couple of times, they had to put me on hold and took them a while to get the information, then they did not seem sure about it. I'm guessing the Chrysler Group is making changes and they are having to learn a new system or something, but it's frustrating when they are not sure what they are saying, so of course it makes you wonder, lying awake at night.......when will I get it, when will I get it, when will I get it.......
Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
I'm going to post this, because I haven't seen anyone say it for a couple weeks, but my order just went from BX back to BG. I know this can happen, but I had not seen anyone posting that it happened to them recently. Anyone know what's on backorder to cause it to go back to BG?

Also, I think they must be going through changes in customer Service, because the first couple times I called, they were very nuce and had no issues pulling up my information, however the last couple of times, they had to put me on hold and took them a while to get the information, then they did not seem sure about it. I'm guessing the Chrysler Group is making changes and they are having to learn a new system or something, but it's frustrating when they are not sure what they are saying, so of course it makes you wonder, lying awake at night.......when will I get it, when will I get it, when will I get it.......
Your order didn't go back to BG. Because it didn't go forward to BX. B is B. The difference between the G and X designation is whether at that moment the production facility is actively seeking orders to fill the next month's buildout or not. Think of it like the light in the refrigerator. When the door is opened, the light comes on. When the door shuts, the light goes off. Whether the door is opened or closed, you haven't moved an inch, you're still sitting in the refrigerator.

As far as using the Customer Service line to get a Build Status update, don't be surprised to learn in the very near future that that service is no longer offered, and all questions will have to be directed to the Purchasing Dealer. It seems the Customer Service reps have been complaining and have had it; the # of calls are too frequent (some people calling many times a day), callers are too rude, callers are demanding information that's unavailable, 'order callers' are monopolizing the CS reps time preventing them from responding to the needs of current owners, and callers are simply abusing a service that isn't even designed to serve them to begin with.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i called for the 1st time today and probably wont call till the end of the month. i am in d-1 status and wanted to see if i was still there or moved any. my est delivery date did move up one day to the 24th but i still think i will not see this jeep till late october if not later. at least i hope it comes after my october work bonus! but i wont complain if it is sooner another reason why i called is i didnt get the vin number from my dealer asap. i have been calling him every 15 days or so asking if there was a vin issued and he assured me i would get it when he does. so my last call he tells me he has a vin for me. i pick up the printed out sheet that says the vin and d-1 status and stuff and it says that it was printed out 10 days earlier. so instaed of buggin the dealer i will call cs 2 times a month and check for the up to date info!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why don't they just make this info available online with a VON and register to get your reference number? It would probably eliminate over 90% of the order calls. It wouldn't be very difficult since this info is already in a database.

Some other manufactures have a system like this already.

Last edited by rob7765; 09-21-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seems to me that it would be a perfect opportunity for a self service web site to offload Customer service calls. Instead of cutting the customer off and pointing the calls to dealers. Dealer who will also get frustrated eventually. Of course my background is Tech support and web applications so I may be a bit biased.

edit: Seems like me and Rob agree.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes