Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Stuck in BG for 2008 Wrangler 4WD 4dr Unlimited Rubicon

Since some of you are now making progress on the processing of your 2008 orders and even receiving your rigs, has anyone out there who ordered one similar to mine gone any farther than BG status??????? :sad:

Ordered: 2008 Wrangler 4WD 4dr Unlimited Rubicon

3-Piece hard top
6 spd. manual
Bright Silver Metalic
PWR Gp.
Supp. front side air bags

6/15/08 placed order
8/02/08 called first time; in BG
8/30/08 called second time; in BG
9/08/08 dealer called; all Rubicons stuck in BG
9/15/08 called third time; in BG

The Nuns at my grammer school told me that being in purgatory (ie. BG status) is worse than being in Hell! Now I know what they meant! If my order won't be here till Oct., Nov. even Dec. - so be it. But having an order just stuck in one status for over six weeks now is not very good business. Maybe I should have ordered another Toyota to replace my vintage 1980 4WD P/U. Probably could have bought one off the lot some where.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Buck380 - The vehicle I ordered isn't similar to yours, but my order frustration is. I ordered on 6/27 - looks like quite a few people here on this site placed their orders after we did and are having them fulfilled. if you filter through the 200+ pages of this forum, there's quite a bit of info. about "dealer allocations" which seems to be the only thing that makes any sense. My dealer has tried to sell me other Unlimiteds off of his lot and even found one almost identical to my order on another dealers lot - it has everything I want except the premium sound package - when I asked him to just get me the premium sound package at MSRP he told me "Jeep does not offer the premium sound package after factory production".... which just about made me go postal. I would think after three months of my order going nowhere that they would make an exception. Wishful thinking - not with Jeep.

Neither my dealer or DC has ever given me any useful, accurate information as to why my order isn't moving.

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4x4
6/28 - ordered
7/13 - BG
8/1 - BX
8/27 - BG
8/31 - BX
9/14 - BX
Old 09-14-2007, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by featherz
I actually wrote chrysler a week or so ago to ask why they took the fogs and hooks out of the 23s package and why those of us who had it on order were not notified and they actually wrote me back stating that they had contacted my dealer about the 'missing items' and would see what they can do. I picked up my Jeep about two weeks ago and only found out the day before.

I made it CLEAR in my note that I had NO complaints about my selling dealer and that I just wanted to know what the rationale was, but we shall see what happens. I am a little peeved that now it probably looks as if I was complaining about my dealer, when they were actually very good, so I'll have to straighten that out.
You picked yours up 2 weeks ago - had you ordered the S package and then you got the jeep with no fog lights or tow hooks? Was it a 2007 or 2008? Just trying to clarify.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Swampmonster
You picked yours up 2 weeks ago - had you ordered the S package and then you got the jeep with no fog lights or tow hooks? Was it a 2007 or 2008? Just trying to clarify.
it was an 08 with no hooks or fogs.

Originally Posted by featherz
I picked up my 2008 X today w/23S and it did NOT have hooks or fogs. :(
Old 09-14-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Dealer called me today. She's built and shipping out. Estimate transit time to dealership has been 14-17days. What a long 2 weeks this will be.
HOLY COW!! You called on Wednesday and they told you that you were D-1 but with no production date, right? I should probably have my dealer check mine.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i called again today and they lady had no clue what she was talking about. she told me it was still in "edit mode" but was unable to give me a status code.

i wish i could have got the extension of this guy named randy. he was the most helpful person i have talked to.

hopefully i will be getting a call monday morning from the dealer saying its here... but i have a feeling that might not be the case.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DeanoT
HOLY COW!! You called on Wednesday and they told you that you were D-1 but with no production date, right? I should probably have my dealer check mine.
Yes, isn't that weird? To go from not knowing when it will be built, to shipped out within a couple of days blows my mind. I mean, I know they don't take long to build, but MAN! Anyway, this confirms that my dealer knows WAY more than the knot-heads at Chrysler Customer dis-Service. I'm tempted to track it on the train, but that might be a little annoying, seeing as how it will be at the mercy of the Teamsters regardless.

Hope yours comes soon.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
it was an 08 with no hooks or fogs.
Aha! That may be the difference. Yours was a 23S package, but mine is listed as a 24S. I read another piece of literature from Chrysler that says they are included in the S package. It might be worth asking about. But what do I know?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Yes, isn't that weird? To go from not knowing when it will be built, to shipped out within a couple of days blows my mind. I mean, I know they don't take long to build, but MAN! Anyway, this confirms that my dealer knows WAY more than the knot-heads at Chrysler Customer dis-Service. I'm tempted to track it on the train, but that might be a little annoying, seeing as how it will be at the mercy of the Teamsters regardless.

Hope yours comes soon.
I'll have to call my dealer on Monday. Don't know if they can check status on the weekend.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm tempted to track it on the train, but that might be a little annoying, seeing as how it will be at the mercy of the Teamsters regardless.

Pssst... Don't Mention the Teamsters. If you piss them off they will go on strike and we will all be screwed.

Instead go buy one a donnut.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes