Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 09-08-2007, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealership

far as checking your order status call your salesman or go to the dealership they can pull up your order on there computer and check your status and since you ordered way back in may you should have had a vin # buy now
Old 09-08-2007, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default Stuck in BG for 08 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Ordered an 08 Unlimited Rubicon w/ most options; hrd. top, PWR Gp., Air bags, tint wndws, etc. Wanted the "Graystone Pearl" but was told not available for 08. Settled for "Bright Silver Metalic." I'm in Oregon; dealer is in Idaho, over 800 miles. Need some advance notification to plan my trip to pick it up if and when it finally is delivered. Called the "1-800" number several times but just got the run-around. Not much help. Dealer called yesterday after I emailed him and said "...all of the 4-door Rubicons are stuck in "BG" status at the factory. They are scheduled out for the month..." What more can I say. :sad: Might get to try out the four-wheel drive bringing it back home through the snow by the time it eventually gets here.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by buck380
Ordered an 08 Unlimited Rubicon w/ most options; hrd. top, PWR Gp., Air bags, tint wndws, etc. Wanted the "Graystone Pearl" but was told not available for 08. Settled for "Bright Silver Metalic." I'm in Oregon; dealer is in Idaho, over 800 miles. Need some advance notification to plan my trip to pick it up if and when it finally is delivered. Called the "1-800" number several times but just got the run-around. Not much help. Dealer called yesterday after I emailed him and said "...all of the 4-door Rubicons are stuck in "BG" status at the factory. They are scheduled out for the month..." What more can I say. :sad: Might get to try out the four-wheel drive bringing it back home through the snow by the time it eventually gets here.
lol

I heard that there is an issue making the rubis. They can only make like 40/day or something. GL.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjsdad
Good luck on waiting for a MyGig
Took mine off

The MyGig are no longer holding up the orders. When I was at the dealer yesterday they had some new JK with the MYGig in them. Also My order went status is D. So I wouldn't recomend dropping the MyGig to speed thing up.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Junkie

That's the same information I'm getting as well. The MyGIG's are in stock and not holding it up. Based on recent threads, it's seems like orders for X's and Sahara's have significantly sped up. I personally think the reason Rubicon's are taking longer is that they want that to have fewer of them around as it makes them seem special, so they limit how many are made per day. Just a though, no hard evidence on that.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

The dealer gave me the same info I found on the board. myGig's were holding them up but no longer. I was still given the 8-10 week wait. My salesman was new and didn't have the answers right away.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:23 PM
JK Junkie

I was given a 8-12 week wait, and it looks like that may be accurate from what I'm seeing for people that ordered about a month ahead of me and are having ship dates that have just occured or coming up soon. I'm hoping it's closer to 8 as my current ride (wont mention it, too embarrasing, but have no option as previous car was totalled, also an embarrasing ride, but had to do due to budget) will not be available for me to use anymore after 10/15, which will leave me without a vehicle until it comes in.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Should be hearing something this week. Heh, I think my first mod will be here before the jeep will.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

inajeep, I noticed you said you got the side airbags, unless I missed something for '08, they are only on the front seats and not the back, so the extra protection is nice for you and a pasenger, but there's nothing extra in the back for the kids. Just anf FYI, so you're not dissapointed when it comes in.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
inajeep, I noticed you said you got the side airbags, unless I missed something for '08, they are only on the front seats and not the back, so the extra protection is nice for you and a pasenger, but there's nothing extra in the back for the kids. Just anf FYI, so you're not dissapointed when it comes in.
I know, it was just a very inside joke. My wife is/was convinced that the Unlimited had curtain airbags. I told her nope, just the passenger front seat. You do bring up a question that I was going to ask soon anyway. Is there a disable switch for the passenger air bag in case my older (11) son wants to ride up front?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes