Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted_Grevers
What's the big problem with contacting the dealership to check the order's status? Unless you bought your Jeep from someone who you have zero trust for, why not just call them on the phone? I understand why the customer service reps are deferring you to the dealership; the reps are accustomed to people filing complaints with them, and questions about delays can be interpreted as a complaint. They suggest or offer to open a case via the dealership for you in response to customer calls. Maybe it's just me, but calling the dealership, or even just stopping in to see what the status is, is something that I find worthwhile and many times easier. Sure, the 1.800 is convenient, but so many people gripe over the negativity they get from the CSA. I've stopped calling the 1.800 number. It's just as easy to chat with the sales person I bought the Jeep through, especially when we all know that it'll take months for delivery if we didn't buy something that's already on the lot. Just my opinion though~

-t
Its funny you say that. My dealer told me it was still in "D-1" status 5 minutes before I called the 1800 # to find out it was in "I" status. Does that answer your question?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive found that all of the male CSAs have been unusually friendly and the one female CSA was abrupt and to the point.

my dealer seems to be out of the loop. the first time i called the 800 i didnt tell them that i didnt have a complaint and they called my dealer. as soon as i hung up i got a call from my dealer explaining this and that... they said they would update me on every status upgrade they got. i have yet to hear from them. so, this leads me to believe that an update = jeep on the lot. hopefully they will call me then.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

WOW! I am almost afraid to call. I have similiar order date 7/27 and as of 8/24 I was still in BG. I was told mygig was holding me up. Do you guys all order mygig? I ordered a Sahara and to see a Rubi done is great, happy for you but yet confusing for me.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was told by a dealer that i will get a vin number when the parts are available to make my 4-door sahara. parts that are holding production are hard tops and mygig. i also ordered on july 27th. it is a small dealership so i would assume that allocation is small also. funny thing is when i ordered the dealer said someone ordered almost the exact same jeep minus the remote start and hardtop! will be fun to see which comes in first if i ever find out.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

I placed my order on 8/25, just checked today and it's in BX status. I ordered a Sahara Unlimited, Jeep Green, MyGIG, soft top, limited slip, tow pkg & floor mats. Who's saying the MyGIG's are holding things up, dealer or Jeep CS because I have a myGIG and it appears it's ready to be scheduled for build and I just ordered mine 10 days ago.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scouter4life
I placed my order on 8/25, just checked today and it's in BX status. I ordered a Sahara Unlimited, Jeep Green, MyGIG, soft top, limited slip, tow pkg & floor mats. Who's saying the MyGIG's are holding things up, dealer or Jeep CS because I have a myGIG and it appears it's ready to be scheduled for build and I just ordered mine 10 days ago.
dont jinx yourself. as easily as you went to BX you can be placed back into the BG group. from earlier in the thread:

Originally Posted by Ghostship
#3 - An order can flip back and forth between BG and BX many, many, many, many, many times. It's no big deal. I have 12,000 donuts. You're in a group of 40,000 people, and I ask the group "who wants donuts?". You raise your hand (you move to BX status). Then I hand out the donuts, but run out before I get to you (you go back to BG, and wait for the next time I ask "who wants donuts?"). Sometimes you can even get a donut (you move to D status), then later discover that your's is a plain donut, but you wanted sprinkles (parts become unavailable), so you go back in line (at BG or BGL).
fingers crossed that you keep moving foward!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
awesome color choice!
Thanks! Mine was the first stone white I had seen in person. I really like it. You'll like yours too.

I wanted to go out and be seen around town in the Jeep tonight, but I spent four hours after work this evening cleaning out the garage to make room for both the Tundra and the Jeep. I'm exhausted. I'm also really glad I opted for the two door otherwise I'd have to get a new house too.

-Glen
Old 09-07-2007, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I opted for silver, but the dealer had a white one inside, and I kept staring at it. The white paint just looks SO good for some reason.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

still stuck at D-1! hope it moves forward sometime . you know it must be really easy to be a jeep saleman at the moment with the demand being so high. It sucks to have only one car for our family at the moment. we have been trying to make it work for like 4-5 months already and it is getting old :sad: . ok I am not sad, I really just want to play with the jeep.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

More venting therapy:

Unlimited X 4x4

6/28 = ordered/BA
7/13 = BG
8/1 = BX
8/27 = Back to BG
9/5 = dealer says still BG, tries to sell me a Sahara off his lot
9/7 = Customer service says it went to BX on 8/31

Thanks for listening.