Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 08-31-2007, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered around the same time as you...hopefully I will see some movement soon...
Old 09-01-2007, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default It's just not funny anymore...

Ordered in mid-January 2007 a 4 dr Rubi with MyGig and both tops and a slew of other options. First MyGig went on restriction; then it came off. Then the hard top went on restriction, and as it came off, MyGig went back on. I have e-mailed the district sales manager for the West Coast and was given a "I'll look into it" reply.

As with everyone else, my '07 was changed to an '08 in July. I was told MyGig Rubicons would not be built until the end of August (I actually saw the release from DC to the dealer). Not two weeks later, they said end of September. I visited my dealer last week, and they said MyGig was off of restriction. When I called DC, they said there was another material restriction, but wouldn't tell me what it was. There are so many choices (leaky hard tops, leaky soft tops, engine cutoffs, engine fires, non-compliant sway bars and stabilizers; etc.), I don't know where to start. DC said my dealer would contact me. I'm not holding my breath.

I have to imagine that my order, if date is any indicator, is near the front of the line, but no one at DC or my dealer has been willing to commit to an estimated time of arrival. As such, I have ordered one the new Infiniti GX 35s, which is allegedly to arrive on these shores in late November or early December. Whichever car gets here first, I'm taking. Does anyone at DC understand the amount of bad will they are creating with their delays and further refusals to be open with their customers about these problems?

Last edited by Waiting in LA; 09-01-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Waiting in LA
Ordered in mid-January 2007 a 4 dr Rubi with MyGig and both tops and a slew of other options. First MyGig went on restriction; then it came off. Then the hard top went on restriction, and and is it came off, MyGig went back on. I have e-mailed the district sales manager for the West Coast and was given a "I'll look into it" reply.

As with everyone else, my '07 was changed to an '08 in July. I was told MyGig Rubicons would not be built until the end of August (I actually saw the release from DC to the dealer). Not two weeks later, they said end of September. I visited my dealer last week, and they said MyGig was off of restriction. When I called DC, they said there was another material restriction, but wouldn't tell me what it was. There are so many choices (leaky hard tops, leaky soft tops, engine cutoffs, engine fires, non-compliant sway bars and stabilizers; etc.), I don't know where to start. DC said my dealer would contact me. I'm not holding my breath.

I have to imagine that my order, if date is any indicator, is near the front of the line, but no one at DC or my dealer has been willing to commit to an estimated time of arrival. As such, I have ordered one the new Infiniti GX 35s, which is allegedly to arrive on these shores in late November or early December. Whichever car gets here first, I'm taking. Does anyone at DC understand the amount of bad will they are creating with their delays and further refusals to be open with their customers about these problems?
I totally understand your situation my friend Being in the same situation as you and getting the same b.s from dealer(ordered a 4 door sahara on jan 09).I was told by my stealer to expect it between the 15th and 30th of september,but yesterday I was told that probably would not happen So I blew a gasket and told them i wanted a confirmation by this tuesday after noon or I would be going directly to the d.c zone office here in montreal for an explanation!!!Enough with this b**lS**t!!!They have me by the b***s because of a trade in since jan(for tax reasons) and I have had enough!!!Believe me the sh** is going to hit the fan on tuesday if I don't get the right response from somebody!!!! enough is enough!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default almost

i just went and checked with my dealership and they said mines a go for build on friday september 7th and get this one i asked for a esp date he said the info on his screen says the 7th so he showed me the screen he pulled up and what he said was what was there so i cant figure out how my JK is going to be built on the 7th and shipped the same day maybe its a kit Jeep and all i have to do is to build it myself ..................
Old 09-01-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbear
i just went and checked with my dealership and they said mines a go for build on friday september 7th and get this one i asked for a esp date he said the info on his screen says the 7th so he showed me the screen he pulled up and what he said was what was there so i cant figure out how my JK is going to be built on the 7th and shipped the same day maybe its a kit Jeep and all i have to do is to build it myself ..................
matchbox jeep?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
matchbox jeep?
Thing is, at this point I'd take it, if it was an option...

It'd be hard with few tools, no garage... but it'd beat the wait.

Last edited by Gloworm19; 09-02-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default The wait MAY be over soon.

I just got a call from my dealership saying that they have a steel blue sahara unlimited coming in as part of their regular allocation. It is loaded so it is about $3k more than the one we ordered, but getting something that is actually going to be built is good. I am still in BG on my original order. So, does anyone know exactly what it means that it is coming in as part of their regular allocation? I asked if he had a firm date for delivery and they told me they would in the next few days. I'm not sure if I made a mistake or not taking this thing. I mean I didn't have to compromise on options, but I got a bunch of stuff I didn't think I needed. Waiting less time is good though :toung:
Old 09-04-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Default Kzm

My two-door Rubi hard top w/o mygig I ordered 6/19 is in KZM. Yippie!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Got My VIN!

My dealer called me this morning - giddy as a schoolgirl. DC shifted me to "D" status and gave me a VIN#! Woo hoo! No projected build date yet, but should be in the next 10 days or so. When she told me, I thought I was gonna pee on myself. I write this as encouragement to my brothers and sisters in waiting limbo.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm now moved to D-1 status, with an anticipated ship date of Sept 25th. For those who track options -vs- delays, It's an Unlimited Sahara 4x4 with dual tops and mygig.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes