Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my family used to live in byram now we live near danbury got mine at wetmores jeep in newmilford
Old 08-27-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-Man
I am getting good at walking to places though, being I have no car
i agree. i think its a ploy by jeep to keep their owners healthy. my mountain bike has seen more pavement than its used to!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08 rubi
my family used to live in byram now we live near danbury got mine at wetmores jeep in newmilford
That's where I bought my Liberty. It unfortunately got totaled in April when the nor'easter hit. The parking garage in my apt. building flooded... Been car less ever since..

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
i agree. i think its a ploy by jeep to keep their owners healthy. my mountain bike has seen more pavement than its used to!
I don't even have a mountain bike...its feet or nothing... Haven't felt like this since high school...pre-license...
Old 08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

hate to chime in unanounced, sounds as if you guy's have good dealers...tried to check on my order, call DC, received a very short answer from them...but got a call from my dealer within ten min. and he was pissed...couldn't understand why...told my wife about it, and she made a phone call I am glad I didn't get...since then, they call me twice a week, yesterday they told me we have a VIN #.... guess that's good. We ordered 7/26/08.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OBXEngineer
tried to check on my order, call DC, received a very short answer from them...but got a call from my dealer within ten min. and he was pissed...couldn't understand why...told my wife about it, and she made a phone call
I made two calls to Chrysler before I understood that they're really set up to open complaint files on dealers and not much else. After the second call, my dealer suggested I call him for status updates and that's what I do now.

Besides, I've found it's far faster and easier calling him than trying to remember all the buttons to press on the phone and waiting on a rep who is unfamiliar with what's going on.

It's too bad Chrysler doesn't have a tracking portal like FedEx and UPS. There's really no reason to get a human involved just for a quick update. Of course, I'd be checking the status every day then instead of once every two weeks.

-Glen
Old 08-27-2007, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

Unlimited X
Looks like I'm doing good.
Ordered 8-8-07
BX 8-21-07
D1 8-27-07
Old 08-27-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stucktj
Unlimited X
Looks like I'm doing good.
Ordered 8-8-07
BX 8-21-07
D1 8-27-07
you are doing good, what options?

whenever i call the 800, i tell them that i dont have a complaint and that i just want to check the status of my order. the first time i didnt say this and i got a call from my dealer trying to explain this and that. i call DC every other monday.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

24s
Auto
Freedom top
Rear Locker/Sway bar
Black appearance group
Tow group
Power group
Old 08-28-2007, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Posting again for therapy.

Unlimited X 4x4

6/28 = ordered / BA
7/13 = BG
8/1 = BX
8/10 = back to BG
8/27 = still BG
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Here's the message I sent to Jeep this morning. I'm getting tired of being pushed back and forth! My order was placed 8/3.
Tim

[I thought we were on a roll on the production of my new Jeep VON#. When I first contacted you I was in BG order status code, on 8/17 I was moved to BX. I called yesterday 8/27 ten days after being placed in BX and was told I’m back in BG status, what is going on, why is it going back-wards? The assistant on the phone told me when I asked that I should contact the dealer and find out why. Why should I have to contact the dealer when the order is in your hands now? I don’t want to be going back and forth between the dealer and you! Your phone assistant should have answers. I need to have answers for my finance institution. You have to stop passing the buck and give some straight answers. I need a positive report not what I’ve seen so far.]

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes