Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been following this forum since the day after I placed my order and have finally decided to post as a form of therapy. Dealer at least was honest at the time of order and quoted "at least 12 weeks" so none of this surprises me.

One question just out of curiosity: I have a VON# and when I first called the 800# for a status update, they assigned me a "reference number." It seems each time I call they ask me for my VON#... then they ask me for my reference number... then they ask my last name... then they ask me what model vehicle I'm calling about... then they ask me if it is 2WD or 4x4... then they ask me what kind of top I ordered. What's the point of establishing a VON and reference number if I have to start over every time I call???

Unlimited X 4x4

6/28 = Ordered / BA
7/13 = BG
8/1 = BX
8/10 = back to BG
Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Element
I've been following this forum since the day after I placed my order and have finally decided to post as a form of therapy. Dealer at least was honest at the time of order and quoted "at least 12 weeks" so none of this surprises me.

One question just out of curiosity: I have a VON# and when I first called the 800# for a status update, they assigned me a "reference number." It seems each time I call they ask me for my VON#... then they ask me for my reference number... then they ask my last name... then they ask me what model vehicle I'm calling about... then they ask me if it is 2WD or 4x4... then they ask me what kind of top I ordered. What's the point of establishing a VON and reference number if I have to start over every time I call???

Unlimited X 4x4

6/28 = Ordered / BA
7/13 = BG
8/1 = BX
8/10 = back to BG
If they've assigned you a Reference #, that's the one you use when you call. Just say "my name is john doe and my reference # is 123456789". That allows them to pull up your info on the computer, they'll know you want your status checked, they'll know your VON # and everything.

Since they don't know who you are, if you call and give them your name and VON they'll put you through the same series of questions over and over and over again.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

They did the same thing to me when I called. I gave them my reference # and they still asked for the last 8 digits of my VIN# before they could pull any information up.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Since they don't know who you are, if you call and give them your name and VON they'll put you through the same series of questions over and over and over again.[/QUOTE]

That's the wierd thing - I give them my reference number before they ask me all the redundant questions. Just depends on who you get I guess. Next time I'll give them a bunch of random mis-information after I give them my real reference number and see if they even notice the difference.....
Old 08-10-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Sammer
They did the same thing to me when I called. I gave them my reference # and they still asked for the last 8 digits of my VIN# before they could pull any information up.
It depended who we talked to, sometimes they wanted the VIN, but Id say 90% of the calls they only needed the reference #
Old 08-10-2007, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red7
Got a call from my dealer today and my June 25th ordered Jeep that was supposed to arrive August 14th arrived today. The only bummer is that I'm on vacation in California and though we will cut our trip a week short I still won't make it back until August 17th so the next week is going to be tough! At least my FT ultimate lift, tires, wheels and another few grand worth of goodies all arrived and are awaiting installment. All in all it was a very painless process compared to others in this thread so needless to say, my perception of Jeep is very good. I feel for you Rubi orders as I can totally understand your frustration.
Man , that is real torture...
Old 08-10-2007, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cyclops62
Man , that is real torture...
Yeah, and wife is getting pissed because I keep cutting days off our trip. First I'm like let's cut a few days off of San Diego, now how about leaving Big Bear a day early, cutting a few days off of our time in Malibu and now cutting Santa Barbara completly out just so I can go back and spend 20hrs straight out in the 120 degree garage (Arizona) putting on my FT Ultimate lift, new 35" tires, wheels, Airraid, exhaust, flexatrunk, gas filler door, tail light guards and a few grand of misc. goodies.

OH well, every few months I get obsessed with a new toy/hobby and spend 8 hours a day researching what to get and how to customize it so she's getting used to my OCD. Part of retiring young and having too much time on my hands I guess. I guess it could be worse though and I could be a workaholic and never be around.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered a Detonator Yellow Rubicon Unlimited on 8/3/07 and am still waiting on the dealer to give me a VON. He promised to email it to me when I ordered, but he apparently forgot, then promised again when I reminded him four days later. been a few more days but still no VON. I know the wait will be forever, but I at least would like to confirm the order is in.
Does the dealer get the VON as soon as the order is placed?
Thanks!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bob_parker_j
Ordered a Detonator Yellow Rubicon Unlimited on 8/3/07 and am still waiting on the dealer to give me a VON. He promised to email it to me when I ordered, but he apparently forgot, then promised again when I reminded him four days later. been a few more days but still no VON. I know the wait will be forever, but I at least would like to confirm the order is in.
Does the dealer get the VON as soon as the order is placed?
Thanks!
My VON was printed on the order receipt that I was given the moment my order was placed. (before I left the dealership)
Old 08-11-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how many digits is the VON?

20504765 is the number the dealer scribbled on my order sheet they day i ordered(7/28/7).

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes