Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 07-27-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted_Grevers
The same thing happened to me. I usually call every 2 weeks or so, and the person who I spoke with called my dealership, and said he'd be doing the same thing.
Yep, same experience here. The last Chrysler rep I spoke with said it was in BG on a material availability hold, put me on hold, and called the sales manager at my dealer. I spoke with the sales manager later that day and he said he would know more when the August allocations came out. He said to call him instead of Chrylser because he would always have more info than the phone people. He also said only X's and Sahara's would be built in July.

They really do need a web page for tracking VONs and VINs.

-Glen

'08 Rubi, 2 door auto hardtop
ordered 6/19
BG 7/20
Old 07-27-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Before we started calling DC for status checks, we asked the dealer about it. The salesman said "hold on, I'm not sure you can do that" after about 10 seconds on hold , the owner of the dealership got on the phone and said "You can not call DC directly, there is no such number. Just be patient and we will call you when we hear something" uh huhhhhhh I think they were just nervous we were gonna bad mouth them or something...

So we started calling DC the next day. We would call about once every two weeks, after the 2nd call they said they were contacting the dealer to start a file. Once it went to D1 we started calling two times or more a week. Some of the people there were very helpful and we got alot of "Im not supposed to tell you this but...." and others just gave us the code and that was it. The dealer was pretty clueless about anything until our Jeep shipped. Now that it is "in transit", DC has not been able to tell us us anything except for the code status. The dealer has been able to give us more info at this point. Whether its accurate or not... I have no idea... They told us the estimated delivery date is July 30th... so we will see..

Good luck with your 08's, I really hope you get them quicker then we got our 07's
Old 07-27-2007, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
Good luck with your 08's, I really hope you get them quicker then we got our 07's
At least you're going to get the lifetime powertrain warranty now.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

That is true, I guess the 16 days "in transit" arent such a bad thing. Of course by the time I'm done modding it, I will have to fight for every warrantee claim.... But thats nothing new... everytime I take my 03 dodge ram in, I end up in a arguement with the service manager!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Guys and Gals, don't get confused. Customer Service does not have to "contact your Dealer in order to open a file" on your vehicle order. Those two things are separate.

"Contacting your Dealer" is done to get your Dealer involved with the apparent Customer Complaint. When they say "would you like me to contact the dealer to see why your order is taking so long" they're trying to be empathetic with the complaining customer, but that doesn't mean that your order really is taking too long in terms of other JK orders. Even though they may tell you that they have contacted a Manager, experience has proven that they simply call the Dealer's New Car Sales department, where the Salespeople race each other to answer the phone. That salesman then proceeds to tell the CS rep whatever they feel like saying, often providing inaccurate information. Having Customer Service contact your dealer WILL NOT RESULT IN YOUR JEEP BEING BUILT ANY SOONER. Your dealer will look up your order on the very same Dealer Direct system that the CS rep does. The only other thing the dealer can tell you is concerning his monthly Allocation and/or Build out. So, either call Customer Service, or call your Dealer (Salesperson), or both. But if you have Customer Service call your dealer, you're guaranteed to get more confused, not less.

"Opening a File" is something Customer Service does at their end to make their jobs easier, it has nothing to do with them calling your dealer. By starting a file, and assigning you a reference number, they don't have to waste time verifying your personal information and asking questions to determine why you're calling, every single time you call. Once a file is opened, you just tell them your Reference number, and anyone answering the phone can read your personal information and reason for calling including the VON #, etc. They'll also record how many times you call, so those people that call multiple times a week (or multiple times a day as some have) may get more of a run-around as those who call once a week/month.

Remember that this is a Customer Service line designed to handle Customer Complaints. It is not designed as a system to answer questions about the Manufacturing Process. The Assembly Plants operate separately from the Customer service line, and they do not answer to them. All Customer Service can do is look your VON up on a computer screen and tell you what little information that computer screen has. 'Why our orders are taking so long' is a Manufacturing question, and DCX is not required to answer those questions, nor have they set up a system for them to be answered.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks Ghostship for another clear explanation. What you are saying does make sense about the "contacting the dealer" and "opening a file" She did say "I will contact your dealer to open a file" But I do not think she ever contacted the dealer, because the dealer still does not have any clue we have been calling DC too.

The costumer complaint aspect of it never occured to me either, we were just strictly calling for status checks. Mainly due to excitement and impatience, kinda like the night before Christmas syndrome. After reading your explaination, it confirms, in my mind, that the dealer did think we were going to complain. That's why they were so insistant that there is no way for us to contact DC and check our order status. I wonder why they were so paranoid...
Old 07-27-2007, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bly109
Thanks Ghostship for another clear explanation. What you are saying does make sense about the "contacting the dealer" and "opening a file" She did say "I will contact your dealer to open a file" But I do not think she ever contacted the dealer, because the dealer still does not have any clue we have been calling DC too.

The costumer complaint aspect of it never occured to me either, we were just strictly calling for status checks. Mainly due to excitement and impatience, kinda like the night before Christmas syndrome. After reading your explaination, it confirms, in my mind, that the dealer did think we were going to complain. That's why they were so insistant that there is no way for us to contact DC and check our order status. I wonder why they were so paranoid...
Hehe, I hear ya. I'm still excited and anxious with anticipation after all these months. Dealers are very very concerned with their Customer Service, it's something they get graded on and profit from. I'm sure Jeff from Donavee can tell you all about the importance of SSI. When you call be sure to tell the Customer Service reps that you don't have a complaint with your dealer, and that you're just checking on the status to stay informed. (unless you realy do have a complaint about your dealer )
Old 07-27-2007, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red7
Man, I was hoping there would be some news or rumors or something now that the '08s are supposedly in production but this thread has slowed down a lot. I decided against the Rubicon I mentioned above so I'm still waiting for my Sahara. Been in D1 since July 10th and they still haven't pushed out my July 27th estimated ship date. If they aren't going to upgrade my status it would be nice if they'd at least give me a new realistic ship date as the trip I have planned back to the States is totally dependent upon my Jeep being there by the end of it. Given the July 27th ship date I reserved hotels for the month of August in San Diego, Malibu and Santa Barbara but now I'm not feeling so confident and really don't want to have to spend the money hanging around for another few to many weeks all because DC can't schedule. It's not the long lead time that bothers me (since mine been so short compared to most) it's that they got my hopes up with this seemingly unrealistic ship date. We'll see, I went from calling once a week to daily now.
I guess it's one of those ask and you shall receive things as I'm in F status as of today. Ghostship or anyone else...are you able to give me a normal scenario from here on? You know like it takes a day to paint and dry and then another day to put things together then it sits for 1-2 days etc, etc. It looks like I'm going to be one of the earlier '08s.

So for those placing orders about the same time as me here's my experience:

June 25th- Order placed
July 2nd- BX status
July 10th- D1 status
July 22nd- D1 status again even though it never left D1 but this is what DC shows
July 27th-F (it was in D1 as of yesterday so E and F happened today)

Looks like I won't have to cancel my hotel reservations in August.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default maybe

ive been i d status since june and when i called d.c the fellow on the phone said it looks like its schedueld to be built on aughust 14th he knows he said whos your dealership i told him i said its a ontario canada dealership and he ask me some Questions and he says yup heres your order and he said yup its in Canada alright and alll my info was there and everthing matched up and he says its tenitive for aughust 14th so MAYBE
Old 07-28-2007, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

WoooooooooHooooooo!!!!! Its finally here!!! My Dad was driving by our dealer and saw it. So we had to run over to the dealer and stare at it for awhile Now we just have to wait until monday afternoon to pick it up.... Although I have a feeling we will be paying it a visit tomorrow too This time I think the camera will be goin with us!!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes