Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 07-24-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, aparently back to BG for me, with no record of it ever being in BX...Do these reps know anything? One tells me BX yesterday, today, they say it has been in BG with no movement to BX, ever..... I just want a straight story. Here I am hoping for a little progress, thinking I may start to see a little flicker of light at the end of the tunnell....then SQUASH!

*Sigh*....
Old 07-24-2007, 08:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by red7
You obviously didn't here the news about the rail car full of JK's that went off the track somewhere outside of PA. Sorry man!
That's not right red7, that's just not right... cruel and unusual

I really hope that was a joke!! lol
Old 07-24-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bly109
That's not right red7, that's just not right... cruel and unusual

I really hope that was a joke!! lol
Yeah, sorry man I'm just trying to pass the time...........Mine originally went into D1 on July 10th but then they just told me that it went into D1 on July 22 with no record of it being in D1 before that. I still have a July 27 ship date but it's still in D1 so I'm thinking that's not going to happen. Meanwhile I've found a '07 Rubicon with everything I ordered on my Sahara and only 1500 miles on it that I can get for cheaper than my '08 Sahara. I don't really need a Rubicon since most of my off roading will be on the beach but I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on it since my Sahara would have more mileage on it before I got it home to Mazatlan. I do love the painted fenders and side steps on the Sahara though!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

My dealer called today.. My 2008 X just went into D-1 (ordered july 7th). Yay!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by featherz
My dealer called today.. My 2008 X just went into D-1 (ordered july 7th). Yay!

That's great, did they give you an estimated ship date? I'm curious what they're handing out.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's great, did they give you an estimated ship date? I'm curious what they're handing out.
Nope. He left a message so I didn't get to ask. I'll call again for another status in a week or so and see if it's changed.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z-Man
Well, aparently back to BG for me, with no record of it ever being in BX...Do these reps know anything? One tells me BX yesterday, today, they say it has been in BG with no movement to BX, ever..... I just want a straight story. Here I am hoping for a little progress, thinking I may start to see a little flicker of light at the end of the tunnell....then SQUASH!

*Sigh*....
The reps are freakin' clueless. I am still in BG status, and expect to be here quite a while. The rep today tried to tell me that she was going to try to find out why my order was still in BG, and she also said she was going to call the dealer and "start a file" on my order. What ever... I guess it gets built when it gets built. My '94 YJ is still plugging along...

So... we having fun yet, gang?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man, I was hoping there would be some news or rumors or something now that the '08s are supposedly in production but this thread has slowed down a lot. I decided against the Rubicon I mentioned above so I'm still waiting for my Sahara. Been in D1 since July 10th and they still haven't pushed out my July 27th estimated ship date. If they aren't going to upgrade my status it would be nice if they'd at least give me a new realistic ship date as the trip I have planned back to the States is totally dependent upon my Jeep being there by the end of it. Given the July 27th ship date I reserved hotels for the month of August in San Diego, Malibu and Santa Barbara but now I'm not feeling so confident and really don't want to have to spend the money hanging around for another few to many weeks all because DC can't schedule. It's not the long lead time that bothers me (since mine been so short compared to most) it's that they got my hopes up with this seemingly unrealistic ship date. We'll see, I went from calling once a week to daily now.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man, I was hoping there would be some news or rumors or something now that the '08s are supposedly in production but this thread has slowed down a lot. I decided against the Rubicon I mentioned above so I'm still waiting for my Sahara. Been in D1 since July 10th and they still haven't pushed out my July 27th estimated ship date. If they aren't going to upgrade my status it would be nice if they'd at least give me a new realistic ship date as the trip I have planned back to the States is totally dependent upon my Jeep being there by the end of it. Given the July 27th ship date I reserved hotels for the month of August in San Diego, Malibu and Santa Barbara but now I'm not feeling so confident and really don't want to have to spend the money hanging around for another few to many weeks all because DC can't schedule. It's not the long lead time that bothers me (since mine been so short compared to most) it's that they got my hopes up with this seemingly unrealistic ship date. We'll see, I went from calling once a week to daily now.
Hey red I don't want to be the negative one here but I sure hope you can get your deposit back on the hotel reservations!!!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
...she also said she was going to call the dealer and "start a file" on my order.
The same thing happened to me. I usually call every 2 weeks or so, and the person who I spoke with called my dealership, and said he'd be doing the same thing. In my case (no pun intended) he said the case would be opened by the service manager. One would think that they would be speaking to the sales manager, and not the service manager. Not that it's a big deal for me to speak with the sales person, but I'm 3000 miles away, and the dealer always has to check the status and call me back (several hours later).

I wonder if they are now re-directing callers to their dealerships (who essencially have the same info as they do.) It seems like the right thing to do. Or... create a web portal where customers can enter their VON number, and it responds with only the order status code. (That way, it's not revealing any sensitive information.)

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes