Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 07-13-2007, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red7
Nice, I can't wait! One thing I noticed though is that there isn't much leg room on these 4 doors. That photo with the car seat scares me a little because my almost 3 year old girl is going to be all over the passenger seat. ow hard would it be to remount the rear seats about 6" further back?
Thanks! Actually the carseat picture I posted is a little misleading. The passenger seat is pulled way back on the tracks and reclined, making it look like there is less leg room than there actually is. That was also my first time mounting the seat. I had a little trouble getting it to fit due to the headrest. Once I pulled the headrest back the carseat fit all the way on the seat bottom with no overhang (it is still right on the edge but the latch anchors hold it down tight). I wouldn't worry about relocating the rear seat (I don't think that would be easy, by the way). My 2 year old son loves riding in "Dadda's Jeep" and has already learned to ask for "top off"!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amitya
I've been lurking for a while now and didn't have anything to add to the painful stories I've heard. Just a few minutes ago I called DC and gave them my reference # I was told that the "Jeep is still being made." Um, what is that supposed to mean? I asked the girl on the phone if there was a status code and she said no, it's just being made. Am I screwed???:sad: I was in BG status on 7/6/07 the last time I checked. I was really hoping to get some good news. Please tell me that I just got someone new that has no idea what they are talking about.

Thanks,
A
You should be assertive and ask them for the code - I was always able to get a status code when I called the DC customer service line. My guess is you're still in BG. If your order was rolled into an 08, you should expect to get it in Sept/Oct (no matter what your dealer tells you). If you get it earlier, then all the better!

Last edited by cab76; 07-14-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostship
My 2007 was built last Tuesday July 10th and sitting on the dealer's lot Yesterday the 12th. The Customer Service people you're talking to are mistaken, they won't begin building 2008 models until the 23rd. It only takes one day to build a JK, so there's no problem at all for them to start building 08's on Monday and be ready to ship yours on Friday. How long it takes to get from the Plant to your Dealer can be a day, a month, or longer. That depends on how far away your are and how it will be transported to you. Rail transport takes the longest from Ohio to the West Coast, both because of the distance traveled and because they have to fill the car up with orders before it ships.

No-one said that the ONLY jk's being built starting the 23rd will be prior 07 orders, although a large percentage of them will be. It's also a possibility that your dealer placed your name on an old order he already had in the system, converting it to a Sold Unit and thus it got assigned priority build status.
You're lucky enough to have yours built the first week of 2008 production, why continue to look a gift horse in the mouth?
Thanks for the info! I'm amazed that they can build a jeep in a day as I figured it would take more than that just for the paint to dry. This is the first new car I've ordered so I'm clueless when it comes to the production process.

Reading about both your and bly's experience has me very encouraged that I should be able to pick it up before heading back to Mexico at the end of August.

Thanks cab76 for letting me know about the carseat! I have no doubt my daughter will be stoked to cruise with the top down and doors off while driving along the beach at sunset!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMAN
I ordered mine on April 13th. Just called 1-800-992-1997 with my VIN and the lovely lady on the other end gave me a KZR status from the 10th of July. I asked what the stood for, because I haven't come across that code. She said it is, "On a truck". Toledo, Ohio is 3 hours away from London, Ontario. Today is the 13th, so I will hear really soon from the dealer that it is in.
Well, today (Saturday) turned out to be the day! Just got a call from the dealer this morning. My JK came in this morning at 8am with my name on it. I'm going to go welcome her and take some pics. I'll post them a little later.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMAN
Well, today (Saturday) turned out to be the day! Just got a call from the dealer this morning. My JK came in this morning at 8am with my name on it. I'm going to go welcome her and take some pics. I'll post them a little later.
Congrats!!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the info! I'm amazed that they can build a jeep in a day as I figured it would take more than that just for the paint to dry. This is the first new car I've ordered so I'm clueless when it comes to the production process.
1 day ???? Things have changed a bit !!!

I too do not know all the production ins and outs but can speak from personal experience on my vehicle during March of this year.

In March (maybe things are different now), mine was started on 3/2 (d-1) then moved through the letters over a period of about a week. Once they could actually figure things out, it was at F (paint I think) for a couple of days.

I went from D-1 (3/2) to F (3/7) (they never told me it was at E and I called daily) to G (3/9) to J (3/12) to KZL (3/13) to KZM (3/14) on the railcar and gave me the railcar number on 3/15. It arrived in Phoenix on 3/21 and unloaded at the dealership on 3/26.

Does anyone have the skinny on the target production times? For example how long does each stage really take? Obviously delays occur with certain parts, but I seem to recall asking the same back in March and no one had specifics but maybe someone has that now??
Old 07-14-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZToad

I too do not know all the production ins and outs but can speak from personal experience on my vehicle during March of this year.

In March (maybe things are different now), mine was started on 3/2 (d-1) then moved through the letters over a period of about a week. Once they could actually figure things out, it was at F (paint I think) for a couple of days.

I went from D-1 (3/2) to F (3/7) (they never told me it was at E and I called daily) to G (3/9) to J (3/12) to KZL (3/13) to KZM (3/14) on the railcar and gave me the railcar number on 3/15. It arrived in Phoenix on 3/21 and unloaded at the dealership on 3/26.

Does anyone have the skinny on the target production times? For example how long does each stage really take? Obviously delays occur with certain parts, but I seem to recall asking the same back in March and no one had specifics but maybe someone has that now??

Dude, reading your schedule all I can say is I would have been going absolutely nuts from 3/21-3/26 and may very well have gotten arrested for trying to break into a railcar sometime during that week.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Dude, reading your schedule all I can say is I would have been going absolutely nuts from 3/21-3/26 and may very well have gotten arrested for trying to break into a railcar sometime during that week.
Considering I had already waited since the previous September - Yes I was on edge. I think the worst part though was on that Monday 3/19 when the rail tracking info seemed to go in reverse. At one point it was in New Mexico and the next it was back in Texas (about 8 hours away!).

However, there were two things that helped. First, I knew the dealership was going to do everything in their power to get it as soon as possible so that they wouldn't have to deal with my hourly phone calls. Second, I was actually out of town a family vacation and ONLY wanted to return once I knew for certain it was on its way to the dealership. The dealership did not know I was out of town at the time and the next morning they were going to be sending a runner to go and pick it up on Thursday.

Unfortunately, the rail station would not provide access and due to union regulations would not allow anyone other than their folks unload the rail car and the person that the dealership usually worked with to "expedite" matters wasn't in but would be there Saturday morning. They got excuses like there are 1000 other railcars here that need to be unloaded and my dealership told them that none of the others had beem waiting since September!

On Saturday the dealership called me and said that the Jeep would be Monday morning - one way or another - and we returned for the pickup. Monday afternoon it was in the shop getting the front tow setup and we reloaded the RV and took showers and headed back out first thing Tuesday morning!
Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZToad

There's a difference between the speed at which a vehicle is produced and the speed at which the Computer system reports its Build Code Status. D1 is NOT when a vehicle starts being produced, E is. Your vehicle started production on Wednesday the 7th, and was more than likely completed on Friday the 9th, with the Dealer Direct computer finally reporting that completion on Monday the 12th. It is also possible that it was held for a Quality Control check. Either way, back then the Assembly Line speed was about 50% slower than it is now due to the brand new model design being produced in a brand new production facility. So, 1 to 1 1/2 days now compared to 2 to 3 days back then is about right.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default 5andcounting

hello 5andcounting i think a few of us will be getting into our 5th month and counting i placed my order 3-30-07 i saw in your post that chrysler has issues with your order if you dont mined sarring when you fined out so the rest of us can have a heads up so it dosnt happen to us thanks and i hope everything works out for you

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes