Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 07-13-2007, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pull up a chair

pull up a chair I ordered 4 door rubicin loaded with my gig.on march 30th of 07 and has been rolled over to an 08. I called D.C today and my status is C I dont exspect mine until sept or oct. and there still maybe others here that have ordred before me . im thinking it takes longer in Ontario Canada to get them to us im not sure about that statment but i suggest you get a comfrortable chair and relax because all of us are having labour pains . It will be nice somday to come on here so we all talk about the new Jeeps we have not the ones we are all waiting for
Old 07-13-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackbear
pull up a chair I ordered 4 door rubicin loaded with my gig.on march 30th of 07 and has been rolled over to an 08. I called D.C today and my status is C I dont exspect mine until sept or oct. and there still maybe others here that have ordred before me . im thinking it takes longer in Ontario Canada to get them to us im not sure about that statment but i suggest you get a comfrortable chair and relax because all of us are having labour pains . It will be nice somday to come on here so we all talk about the new Jeeps we have not the ones we are all waiting for
AMEN
I just talked to dc and they told me there were issues with my order
This is the last straw!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to see my dealer on monday morning,want a complete expanation of whats going on!!!!!!!!!He's better have something in writing proving that my order is going to be built within a month or I'm taking my deposit back(nearly 9 thousand) and never ever going to be doing business with this half-a**ed company again .Ordered 4door unlimitef sahara jan 09,never left bx.This was going to be my 5th new jeep,but now I have had it!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cab76
Sorry for the delay in posting pics - been having too much fun driving it! Here are the driveway shots:

Nice, I can't wait! One thing I noticed though is that there isn't much leg room on these 4 doors. That photo with the car seat scares me a little because my almost 3 year old girl is going to be all over the passenger seat. ow hard would it be to remount the rear seats about 6" further back?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:55 PM
JK Junkie

Default Finally!!!

Finally!!! Our 07 Flame Red Unlimited Rubi 6spd w/ mygig has finally shipped on weds!!!!! After over 5 months (Feb 5) of waiting and a million excuses from our dealer, we might actually have the keys in hand next week!

I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for keeping me sane for the past few months. This is one of my first posts, but I have been lurking and reading everyone else's for about 4 months now. It was a great help to know we weren't the only ones who were getting the run around.

I also have to mention that the JK is technically my fiance's. She is trading in her TJ for it and if I don't make sure I mention its hers, I'll never get to drive it!
Old 07-13-2007, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is everyone sure that '08 production doesn't begin until July 23? I'm trying to figure out why my 2 week old order was already given a July 27th ship date so I called DC and they told me that they have already started building the '08s. I realize the person could be wrong but I don't see how else they could be getting all of those previously ordered jeeps out before mine and build mine in just a few days.

Donavee, can you shed some light on this? Once a jeep goes on the line how many days does it usually take to build? Actually, from the moment it goes on the line what's the normal time before it arrives at your dealer?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:59 PM
JK Junkie

Red7,

If it helps, our 07 unlimited Rubi was built on tuesday July 10.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default bly 109

bly109 if im not mistaken did i see you ordered in march beacuse i did to but it was on the 30th congrats on your new ride one more leaving the wating room P.S please post photos for the rest of us still here thanks
Old 07-13-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Junkie

Blackbear,

I ordered Feb 5th, we went to D May 14, D1 on June 30th, Built July 10, On a train July 12. So I'm hoping to pick it up by the end of next week. We can't wait!!!! I'll post some pics as soon as we have it. I'll probably be talkin pics at the dealership!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red7
Is everyone sure that '08 production doesn't begin until July 23? I'm trying to figure out why my 2 week old order was already given a July 27th ship date so I called DC and they told me that they have already started building the '08s. I realize the person could be wrong but I don't see how else they could be getting all of those previously ordered jeeps out before mine and build mine in just a few days.

Donavee, can you shed some light on this? Once a jeep goes on the line how many days does it usually take to build? Actually, from the moment it goes on the line what's the normal time before it arrives at your dealer?
My 2007 was built last Tuesday July 10th and sitting on the dealer's lot Yesterday the 12th. The Customer Service people you're talking to are mistaken, they won't begin building 2008 models until the 23rd. It only takes one day to build a JK, so there's no problem at all for them to start building 08's on Monday and be ready to ship yours on Friday. How long it takes to get from the Plant to your Dealer can be a day, a month, or longer. That depends on how far away your are and how it will be transported to you. Rail transport takes the longest from Ohio to the West Coast, both because of the distance traveled and because they have to fill the car up with orders before it ships.

No-one said that the ONLY jk's being built starting the 23rd will be prior 07 orders, although a large percentage of them will be. It's also a possibility that your dealer placed your name on an old order he already had in the system, converting it to a Sold Unit and thus it got assigned priority build status.
You're lucky enough to have yours built the first week of 2008 production, why continue to look a gift horse in the mouth?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default hello ghostship

thanks for keeping us informed it makes waiting bearable . can you tell me how they go about doing and shipping canadian orders . do they separate them by provinces what im asking do they spend a day on canadian orders or do they build as the orders come up then stock pile canadian jeeps until they can fill a rail car then ship them that way.. thanks for any info you can give

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes