Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lisa
Hey red what model did you order? that is a very quick shipment for you....you should consider yourself very lucky to get it so fast.

Things have evidently changed a bit in the past few months. Way back in the olden days (March) they'd barely give you an estimated build date (let alone ship date) in advance.

Even then all too often it was incorrect. Pretty sure they told me 3 different build dates (on 3/5 they told me 3/6 on 3/6 they told me 3/10 then my dealer called and told me 3/2 and when I called back to DC on 3/7 - they confirmed it had started on 3/2) - and that was during the time it was actually being built!

Shipping wasn't at all in the discussions because too many things were happening and DC wouldn't talk ship date until the vehicle had left the plant and was on its way to the railcar.

Good luck to all - it is worth the wait...
Old 07-12-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Well after reading alot of these posts it seems like you should really start to get excited when it is on your dealers lot. Have read alot of posts were people are dissapointed because there Jeep was not here when they were expecting it. Well this wait will all be worth it when it does finally get here.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered a Sahara unlimited in Rescue Green with 4.88 gears.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, so I lied about the gears but the rest is true.

I'm still curious why they gave me a July 27th ship date. Obviously there is no way they could build the car in 4 days even if I was some how able to jump the 40000 or so orders in front of me and be the first '08 on the line. Or does it only take a day or so to build them? I can't imagine that with paint and everything. Once it ships is it true that it's about 7-10 days depending upon location? I'll pick it up in AZ. I'm starting to think my dealer had a big role in this. If so, I think choosing a dealer entails a lot more then just the best price. Thankfully, it appears that my dealer had both the best price and some amazing pull with DC.

Last edited by red7; 07-12-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red7
I ordered a Sahara unlimited in Rescue Green with 4.88 gears.
You ment 3.88s right?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lisa
Well after reading alot of these posts it seems like you should really start to get excited when it is on your dealers lot. Have read alot of posts were people are dissapointed because there Jeep was not here when they were expecting it. Well this wait will all be worth it when it does finally get here.
Very true! Great attitude to have - it will help a lot! Only thing I'd change was to suggest rather than the dealer's lot - I'd suggest when you have the keys and are leaving the lot!

Once I had the railcar number, I literally was tracking it and trying to see (via google earth) where abouts it actually was. A couple of times it seemed to go backwards too!

When it arrived here in AZ - at a station not far away - even with the dealer trying to get a hold of it - it still took several days before it was physically in hand.

Keep in mind that even once the dealer gets it (even if you try to rip it from their hands before they've done all the inspections and washings like I did!) it still takes considerable time before you'll actually be departing with the grin on your face!

...while that grin and excitement are overtaking you - don't forget to wave!!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by red7
Ok, so I lied about the gears but the rest is true.

I'm still curious why they gave me a July 27th ship date. Obviously there is no way they could build the car in 4 days even if I was someone able to jump the 40000 or so orders in front of me and be the first '08 on the line. Or does it only take a few days to build them? Once it ships is it true that it's about 7-10 days depending upon location? I'll pick it up in AZ. I'm starting to think my dealer had a role in this. If so, I think choosing a dealer entails a lot more then just the best price. Thankfully, it appears that my dealer had both the best price and some amazing pull with DC.
Where in AZ? The following was for Tempe...

If the dates they gave me were correct (very big guess there) it was over a week between build start and completion (3/2 start - on railcar night of 3/13). Arrived in Phoenix late night the 21st (. At the dealership 6:45 am 3/26, unloaded at 7:30 am, I arrived at 8 (the dealership told me the trucks come into a back area and are unloaded where I wouldn't have been able to get any shots anyway - otherwise I would have been there earlier!) and in my hands by 11 am.

Still haven't wiped the grin off my face!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
You ment 3.88s right?

I had heard that 4.88 gears were offered to foreign markets, with 4.11 being the tallest factory gear for the US. Maybe it's something they did for the middle east, or markets where sand and poor road driving may benefit from the taller gear. Not sure though.

There is also a guy on eBay who is selling a "Factory 4.88 JK rear Dana 44."

-t
Old 07-12-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Keepin' the faith: Ordered an 08 in June, paperwork shows tentative ship date of August 2.

:fingers crossed:

-t
Old 07-12-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

how often does everyone call to check the status of your jeep? I once read in here that they only change the status on Mon and Fri but I have seen other reports that contradicts this.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes