Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 07-11-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CARGUYS
CALLED WENT TO BX TODAY IS THIS GOOD ????????????????
Sweet, based upon my experience in a week or so you should be in D1!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CARGUYS
CALLED WENT TO BX TODAY IS THIS GOOD ????????????????
You're doing better than me. I ordered a '08 2 door automatic Rubicon on June 19. I was still in BG on July 7. I am really trying to resist the urge to call Chrysler every day to check the status. I'll call again at the beginning of next week for an update.

Did you order an automatic or a manual?

My dealer did have the 2008 pricing information available on July 7 so I was able to figure out how much I was going to pay for my order. I guess that's some progress vs June 19...

-Glen
Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Default checking canadian status

well well well fellow canadians i called the #provided at the begining of this thread and followed the prompts . it witch i was given a chrysler canada #to call i did so followed all the same prompts as american chrysler as was told oh no we cant track ordereds here in canada im asking anyone that is living in ontario let alone canada why we cant track orders here like our american neighbours can god bless america im thinking of becomming an american soo i can follow my Jeep order thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Yo Canadian Black Bear

i'M IN Calgary, no special # to call, just the one listed, went to BX today, got a case # as well. Ordered 08 RUBICON auto.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ghostship
They're finishing the 2007's this week, closed next week for model year change-over, then re-opening the following week building 2008's.
07 production shuts down July 16th, 08 production begins on the 23rd.

This was posted by a Jeep production worker on another forum, they get one week off and right back at it.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default D 1

do they start builging it @ D1 ???????? Wheb do you get a vin # ?????????:toung:
Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default more info ??

found this on the netaimlerChrysler Order Status Codes
Unscheduled
BX – good order, available for scheduling
BB – fleet order only – review by Bid Department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before the order can be considered for scheduling
BG – order has passed edit but cannot be considered for scheduling
BG F – finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
BG B – model or option hold
BG B – build out hold
BG L – material restriction hold
BG M – material hold (fleet)
ZA – cancelled order

Scheduled

C – tentative schedule
D – firm schedule: serial number is assigned.
D1 – gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned
D2 – gateline: framing and build imminent, usually within 3-6 days

Note: Once a vehicle reaches scheduled (C or D) status, it cannot be cancelled by the dealer. Orders can sit in D-status for up to 60 days.

Build

E – framing
F – paint
G – trim

Built

I – unit is pending final inspection
J – vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced

Note: Vehicles must reach KZ-status before an invoice can be generated.

Traffic Codes

KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone or dealer hold, sales hold, vehicle prep hold, tax hold, finance hold, dealer refusal, diversion hold, vehicle diverted, derailment hold
KZ OC – carrier delay hold, rail car shortage, bad load, insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error, strike-bound hold, emission or safety hold.
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle lacking parts, vehicle in repair, storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other carrier codes that currently post an “O” delay code that are not included above
KZ R – vehicle within a few days of arrival to dealer
KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubidoo
07 production shuts down July 16th, 08 production begins on the 23rd.

This was posted by a Jeep production worker on another forum, they get one week off and right back at it.
Are you sure about that? If '08 production starts on the 23rd and there were who knows how many 10's of thousands of orders placed before my June 25 order, how is it that mine is scheduled to ship on July 27th? I realize that the ship date could change but I can't imagine they could be so far off that they actually thought they could make all of the jeeps ahead of me (I heard about 40,000 back orders) plus mine in 4 days?

Something just doesn't sound right??? All I know is that I am so glad I picked the dealer I did!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red7
Are you sure about that? If '08 production starts on the 23rd and there were who knows how many 10's of thousands of orders placed before my June 25 order, how is it that mine is scheduled to ship on July 27th? I realize that the ship date could change but I can't imagine they could be so far off that they actually thought they could make all of the jeeps ahead of me (I heard about 40,000 back orders) plus mine in 4 days?

Something just doesn't sound right??? All I know is that I am so glad I picked the dealer I did!
rubidoo,
You misunderstood ToledoJeep's post. Production doesn't shut down on the 16th, it actually shuts down on the 14th, making this week the last week for 2007 production. The 16th is when the production workers Lay-Off starts due to the Model Year change-over. The plant will begin producing 2008 models on July 23.

red7,
it would help if you said what JK model you've ordered. If it's an X, then it's not hard to understand at all, since the majority of back-orders are for Rubicon's and Sahara's, which have much lower daily production numbers than the X's. If you ordered a Rubicon then you should consider yourself very lucky indeed.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Hey red what model did you order? that is a very quick shipment for you....you should consider yourself very lucky to get it so fast.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes