Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice congrats its nice to see someone leave the waiting room
Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Called again

I am still in BG and have not moved since I place my order in April. I thought about buying upgrade bumpers, a winch, grab handles, and some after market rock rails that can double as steps but I may just give up. A nice Shelby Mustang might be less frustrating and at least they can be ordered and delivered. For a while longer I will wait, wait, and wait.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gigi7762
No VIN yet, but DC states that production begins 7/1 and my '08 (formally '07) is still at BX - NO RESTRICTIONS!!! was hoping to get by 07/07/07 (my birthday) Oh well... Maybe I will have the VIN# and ETA by then, at least!
7/5 - Dealer emailed me - GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! VIN# assigned and I SHOULD see the first of August (yes , 2008) !!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on August!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooooHoooooo ------ Pinch me, I must be dreamin'.............
Old 07-09-2007, 09:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default Newbe

Hello all, looks like I am joining you for a while - hopefully not to long!! I ordered mine on June 12 and when I found this site to see the status I have been in D ever since (about 1 week). I have found other sites that have said that production on the 08's are to start on July 17 (or 23) depending on what site you look at.
ANyways this is my first Jeep and I am very excited and really can not wait for it to get here.
June 11 went to one dealer to purchase a Jeep that was in the new car lot side - test drove it then was told that it was not for sale but they could get me one exactly like it but not for the price that was on it. The price that was on the Jeep did not include the tires (chrome and bigger) so they would have to add $1700 on to the price. Long story short I called another dealer in another town (only one Jeep dealer in my town) and they have been great to me. OH another note they did put a sign on the Jeep that they could not sell it until 8-31-07 and they raised the price $4000 (pretty big mark up for $1700 tires).
Oh well I am getting an 08 Rescue Green Unlimited X and I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.:toung:
I enjoy reading all of your posts and good luck on your orders.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I placed my order on June 8th, and as of today, have a VIN number, and am in status "C". I see this as a step forward.

Can someone school me on status "C"? "Sub Firm" sounds like "kinda' queued".

-t
Old 07-10-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

i work for a parts suppyer to chrysler and we on a two week shutdown and understand that jeep starts up again on monday july 16th but id check with Jeff from Don vee he knows his stuff thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackbear
i work for a parts suppyer to chrysler and we on a two week shutdown and understand that jeep starts up again on monday july 16th but id check with Jeff from Don vee he knows his stuff thanks
They're finishing the 2007's this week, closed next week for model year change-over, then re-opening the following week building 2008's.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Pleasantly shocked!

Well, I was going to wait a month or so before calling to check my status because I was told the vehicle likely wouldn't be ready for 3-4 months but I decided to call today just for the heck of it. I placed the order on June 25th and it went into D1 status yesterday with an estimated ship date of July 27th. Got my Vin! This is a full 2 months sooner then what I was told and way sooner then I expected based upon this thread so it sounds like DC is getting their act together.

How long does it typically take from the time it ships to Arizona? This is perfect because I planned on coming back to the States in August and spending 6 weeks on vacation in San Diego, Malibu and Santa Barbara and then passing back through Phoenix before heading back to Mexico. I was told by the dealer (actually jeep warehouse when I got a bid from them) that they were almost sure I wouldn't see it until September or more likely October so I figured I'd have to fly back up to get the Jeep.

It sounds like my local dealer had way more allocation than JW. Time to start ordering goodies!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Default ghostship thanks

thanks ghostship its info like that i need to keep me going i had the wrong info sorry .so im counting down until they start builing the 08s and let the pacing continue my 2004 f150 is ready to go back to ford so solong ford and hello chrysler but for now im Jeepless here in Midland ont. if it wasnt for Jeff and Ghostship we wouldnt have a clue what was going on with our Jeeps Big canadian thanks anyone out there that works for chrysler builing our Jeeps .thats been posting here .....
Old 07-11-2007, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bx Today

CALLED WENT TO BX TODAY IS THIS GOOD ????????????????

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes