Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 06-07-2007, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talking to my local Jeep sales manager today, and he informed me he is getting in a couple of Rubicon Unlimiteds soon that are dealer stock. One is Rescue Green, one is Jeep Green. One of them is a six speed, one is an auto, I forget which is which. They are pretty well loaded from what I gathered. PM me and I can get you a name and number if you are interested. These will be located in the central part of Arkansas.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:08 PM
pup
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
To all those still monitoring and worrying about the status of their 2007 model year order in BG or BX status.....

GIVE UP - YOU ARE NOT GETTING A 2007

I am serious. There is 0% chance you will move forward at this point in time. Contact your dealer and have them put a 2008 order in for you. You will probably be looking at September/October for a delivery time.

I think we should kill this thread and start a 2008 order status thread...
My Jeep got built TODAY!!! It was in between BG and BX all of May, and it went to D status yesterday. I got a call from the dealer at 9:30 AM and it was in Frame, then it made it to paint by about 2:30 PM - There was no VIN or estimated build date yesterday, and today it's done. The estimated ship date, according to the DCX number was yesterday (6/6/07), so hopefully it can make the 50 mile hike from Toledo in short fashion.

I had pretty much given up hope at getting the Jeep I ordered, and I had even planned on picking up a Sahara this weekend as a compromise. Well, it looks like my with the little tires, locker, and disconnecting swaybar will soon be home!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I guess it's a start being BX for an '08 Ruri. Any start is a good start!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any remaining 2007 orders marked as sold by the dealer (entered with a name and address) was rolled into a 2008 order yesterday.

i have been told by our sales rep that due to the unrest with the dealers about the lack of sold orders gettign built that the factory will be building the 2007 sold orders early as 2008 models. Only problem is there will be no price protection from what I understand.

I had 9 orders for 2008 vehicles show up on our system yesterday. Check with your dealer and you should find that the same has happened to them.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default What about options changes

If vehicles are moved to '08s automatically will the dealer be able to change the options to the vehicle at this point?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hello Jeff

Any remaining 2007 orders marked as sold by the dealer (entered with a name and address) was rolled into a 2008 order yesterday.

i have been told by our sales rep that due to the unrest with the dealers about the lack of sold orders gettign built that the factory will be building the 2007 sold orders early as 2008 models. Only problem is there will be no price protection from what I understand.

I had 9 orders for 2008 vehicles show up on our system yesterday. Check with your dealer and you should find that the same has happened to them.
I can verify your post and my dealer says he hopes they honor the base price and just pass on the increases on options. Do you think that may happen?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default To Ship or not to Ship....

That is the question...

My JK has been stuck at KZL status for two weeks. I've called DC several times and they offer no help; just keep saying the jeep hasn't yet shipped. However, when I talk with the dealer, they say it's shipped and should be here within the week. Of course...neither can confirm their information or provide me with additional details. All I know is that it was supposed to be here last week....and now it's this week.

So my question is: What does KZL mean? I know it's "released, not shipped", but apparently that's not the entire story. Also...DC customer service said KZL is the last status an ordered vehicle receives until it's delivered to the dealer. Does anyone know if this is true/untrue?

I just want to know how much time I have until the JK arrives. It's just frustrating because you'd think *someone* would have information on where the jeep is with today's technology.

I've given up calling DC...so I guess I'll keep on waiting for that phone call!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:13 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Jeff, I'm new here. Glad that you take the time for us because your posts have given me a good bit of information. Thanks dude.

What does it mean that our orders may have rolled into a 2008? Does it mean they should get built and shipped faster, or are we looking at a long stall on production while they gear up for the 2008 models and then we get the first from those?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I just spoke with DC, and I went into D1 status as of yesterday. The lady told me that I have a scheduled build date of 07-03-07. Does that mean I will be getting an '07 or '08?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by y2ksir
So I just spoke with DC, and I went into D1 status as of yesterday. The lady told me that I have a scheduled build date of 07-03-07. Does that mean I will be getting an '07 or '08?
Well, at D1 you should have a VIN. You can check it to tell, I think. For example, mine has a "07" in the 9th and 10th digit. That's the year. See what your VIN says.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes