Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting time...

Originally Posted by MALLCrawler
Yes Cab, I do have a VON. That is what I don't understand, I guess I was not cut off.

Also, when I was on the phone with CD I told him I "heard" (didn't want to reveal source of info from internet) that people have waited 8 + months. He told me that is not true, the longest wait time on an order is 4 months. Yeah right...
Couple of things - probably minor but...

The VON is not the same as a VIN and some of us waited almost 4 months before we finally received a VIN. The Order number (DonaVee correct me if this is wrong - Vehicle Order Number) literally was provided the day we put it into the computer. The VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) came several months later.

My wait was almost 7 months - my dealership literally sent my original check back thinking they had forgotten to refund it because they hadn't even seen orders taking so long.

As for times - I believe cab76 is around here somewhere and waited over 10 months.

From the scuttle I have heard at the dealership I go to - unless you have a specific build date - an 08 is in your future unless you grab one from the lot.

Good luck!

ps - maybe within the past couple of months the wait times have decreased but I and others that ordered early / mid fall last year had some pretty long waits! Pretty sure I recall getting the VIN before or very close to the time mine went to D status. It was 2 more months before we had a build date!

Last edited by AZToad; 05-30-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
The problem is with the dealers, not Jeep.

[/SIZE]
Jeff - first thanks for the no BS info that you continue to provide on this forum!

But I have to disagree with the statement that the ordering issues are 100% on the dealers. My order was validly placed with an admittedly low allocation 5-star local dealer (had I been in southern cal, I probably would have ordered from you). I had a VON in Aug 06. What I disagree with is the amount of importance that allocation appears to play with customer orders. I think that customers orders that have put $ down should be prioritized over orders that dealers hope to sell off the lot (where it makes sense to limit to prior sales). That is why I think the ordering system sucks. My dealer also professed to have allocation at some point by the way, but no Rubis were moving (I attribute that to supply/demand, parts restrictions, and some sort of high tech dartboard).
Old 05-30-2007, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Come to Daddy

Come to Daddy, well actually come to Mama,

You are already thinking by looking below that this thing is equiped for a soccer mom , well your wrong she is a volleyball/track mom.

Going to be the wife's primary set of wheels but I will take it for test drives to make sure everything is working right.

Trying to convince the wife that SNOT GRN would be a good personalized plate for the JK, but she is not buying it.

Thanks to all those that cancelled the MYGIG, it left one available for my JK.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Default Trying different dealers

I decided I am not going to wait. I have called other dealers and then spoke to my dealer again who is now going to try and find me what I want from a lot. Again, had I not found this site, been aggressive and called CD I would have been waiting in the dark. I have also decided I will drop the mygig and my husband is going to install an aftermarket nav system. I my new mission is to have one by next weekend.

Also, My dealer told me to not call CD anymore. When I called CD yesterday they called my dealer to get my VON and apparently spoke to the GM and laid into them. I didn't think I would get anyone into trouble, maybe CD is fed up with dealers telling customers things that might not be so accurate.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

The number you've been calling at DC is called the Customer Care number. The dealer doesn't like looking bad when you get answers through DC.

Personally, I think your dealer will get things done quicker if you keep going to DC for info.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MALLCrawler
Also, when I was on the phone with CD I told him I "heard" (didn't want to reveal source of info from internet) that people have waited 8 + months. He told me that is not true, the longest wait time on an order is 4 months. Yeah right...
Well, I've had my Unlimited Rubicon on order since September 22, 2007. That's more than 4 months by....4 months!!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Doc, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Woo hoo! I'm now in KZ status! I called the dealership to get an estimated arrival date...but my salesman was off. So...hopefully I'll find out tomorrow!

I've got my financing lined up and ready to go....I can't wait!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Where is my Train

My JK is ready to be shipped. All I need now is a Train Car.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same here! Maybe our JKs are hanging in storage together.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes