Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 05-28-2007, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah!!!

Way to hang in there!

Please keep us posted...with pics upon delivery too!
Old 05-28-2007, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

how long is it between the time the dealer places the order and you get your vin. I am courious because i am supposed to be the first 08 orderd from my dealership and i have had a deposit on one since december
Old 05-28-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 rubi
how long is it between the time the dealer places the order and you get your vin. I am courious because i am supposed to be the first 08 orderd from my dealership and i have had a deposit on one since december
I ordered in November of last year and finally got it early May
07 though
Had a VIN in February- but only because I asked.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

for clerifactaion i am in tech school till late september of this year and dont have a job so when i put the deposit on the jeep i told the salesmen that i did not need it till oct. of this year. so origanlly he was going to order 07 but he decide to order a 08 for me as soon as he can so i should have one of the first 08 rubicons.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 rubi
for clerifactaion i am in tech school till late september of this year and dont have a job so when i put the deposit on the jeep i told the salesmen that i did not need it till oct. of this year. so origanlly he was going to order 07 but he decide to order a 08 for me as soon as he can so i should have one of the first 08 rubicons.
That is cool - They are worth the wait.

You will be 1 up with the 08
Old 05-30-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default Called CD- does anyone know what is going on...

I ordered on 5-22 and after being on this site quickly realized I may not be getting an 07 or an 08 anytime soon. I called CD and the guy on the phone doesn't know anything. I told him my name and order date, he puts me on hold and comes back and says: no orders for 2007s after May 1. My reply, I just told you I ordered one on May 22nd, again I am put on hold. Here is what i was just told- CD is full production thru June. The guy says the April-May orders will sit in BG status until at least July. At that time CD will decide if they will open up July to make more 07's or switch to 08 production. Apparently I will be Jeep-less through the summer and maybe some of the fall.

This is my first time buying a Jeep from a dealer. I have bought three other new cars from different companies and CD's manner of handling their orders and customers is ridiculous. There appears to me to be a serious lack of communication if dealers are still taking orders and telling customers the wait is 4-6 weeks. Don't get me wrong, my salesman is great I just think more information needs to be passed on to dealers and made available to the public! Had I not found this site I would have been ignorantly waiting for my 07 until the first snowfall!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MALLCrawler
I ordered on 5-22 and after being on this site quickly realized I may not be getting an 07 or an 08 anytime soon. I called CD and the guy on the phone doesn't know anything. I told him my name and order date, he puts me on hold and comes back and says: no orders for 2007s after May 1. My reply, I just told you I ordered one on May 22nd, again I am put on hold. Here is what i was just told- CD is full production thru June. The guy says the April-May orders will sit in BG status until at least July. At that time CD will decide if they will open up July to make more 07's or switch to 08 production. Apparently I will be Jeep-less through the summer and maybe some of the fall.

This is my first time buying a Jeep from a dealer. I have bought three other new cars from different companies and CD's manner of handling their orders and customers is ridiculous. There appears to me to be a serious lack of communication if dealers are still taking orders and telling customers the wait is 4-6 weeks. Don't get me wrong, my salesman is great I just think more information needs to be passed on to dealers and made available to the public! Had I not found this site I would have been ignorantly waiting for my 07 until the first snowfall!
First of all, I agree the customer ordering system sucks. I have been waiting almost 10 months on my order, so I know from personal experience.

When you ordered did you get a Vehicle Order Number (VON)? If not your order may not have been placed. I was under the impression that the 2007 order cut off date was earlier in May (May 11th maybe)?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

The problem is with the dealers, not Jeep.

Each dealer has access to our "Daily News" which highlights build information and such. They should consult this every day before taking orders.

Jeep Wranglers are built out for the model year. This means there are no more going to be scheduled. Do not waiste your time putting an order in. If you have an order in BA - BX status and it is not scheduled and has no VIN then you will not be getting your Jeep in 2007.

Again, any dealer that tells you they can get you a 2007 Wrangler ordered, scheduled, and delivered has no clue at all and should be beaten, shot and hung...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default Von

Yes Cab, I do have a VON. That is what I don't understand, I guess I was not cut off.

Also, when I was on the phone with CD I told him I "heard" (didn't want to reveal source of info from internet) that people have waited 8 + months. He told me that is not true, the longest wait time on an order is 4 months. Yeah right...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MALLCrawler
Yes Cab, I do have a VON. That is what I don't understand, I guess I was not cut off.

Also, when I was on the phone with CD I told him I "heard" (didn't want to reveal source of info from internet) that people have waited 8 + months. He told me that is not true, the longest wait time on an order is 4 months. Yeah right...
A VON is of no importance other than tracking the order until the VIn is issued. I could place a 100 orders for fully loaded Rubicon Unlimited models right now and receive a VOn on each fo them. Does not mean they will build any.

The order system for 2007 has not been shut down yet, but they are done scheduling 2007 models.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes