Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 05-22-2007, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=scottcarp;89659]3/10/07: Ordered Rubi Unltd for invoice + $400.
4/25/07: Dealer says "Factory is cancelling Rubi orders". I get him to admit that HE is cancelling my order. He says "It will never get built, and it's taking up a slot in my allocation, so I'm using the 'subject to availability' clause to cancel your order. I've decided it is not available."
4/26/07: I found one 250 miles away, paid $750 under sticker, and LOVE IT!!!!
5/25/07: I called the factory, and my jeep is in D status! I say MINE, because it still has my name on it! DCX has no idea that it's no longer for me.

QUOTE]

Pretty much went down the same way for me. The service I got was awsome. Auburn, Ca Jeep. The irony is that the jeep I purchased was an order that some one did not pick up because they were tired of waiting..
Old 05-25-2007, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default The waiting game. . .

Call Jeep corp at : (800) 992-1997 (M-F, 8 AM-5 PM) Prompts are:5-2-1-2-0-pause-3

JKL Rubi Red, Dual tops, side-airbags, 6 disc, auto, hitch

Feb 6 - Ordered
Feb 19 - Order picked-up status BG - received VON 19449838
March 14 - status : BG (edit accepted, awaiting parts availability)
April 4 - Cancelled MyGig
April 5 - moved to BX with dual tops and 6 disc CD.
April 11th - moved to status "D" and received Real VIN
May 24th - it's been built and shipped to storage - status JS - shipped to storage and awaiting train.
May 25th - Guestimated ETA June 1 (dealer)

I call every day M-F and get an ETA - keep your Customer care file #. Also, keep asking for an Estimated build date & don't let them tell you they "can't give you an Estimated build date". There are a few phone people at that # with serious attitude problems. Once you get an ETA build date spew it back at them and watch the maggots choke on it
Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay i am getting a little annoyed at my dealer, and was wondering if any of you guys know how to find out the volume a dealer does? I have been working with a relative small dealer, and want to get in touch with a higher volume dealer but not sure how to tell if the dealer is a high volume guy or not.

Also, if anyone knows of any good, high volume dealers in CT I could talk to I'd appreciate it.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Still waiting!

My JK has been in storage for over a month now and waiting for a train. My dealer tells me that it has to do with the rail workers strike. So, here I sit waiting and who knows when it will arrive.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

My JK just moved to JS status as well. My estimated ship date was 5/25; then the dealer called to tell me it was 5/26 (a Saturday?). Anyway, I'm not sure how long I'll be in storage. It's totally a guessing game at this point as to when it'll actually be delivered.

Josephus - I totally know what you mean. They refused to give me a date several times. When I finally got one and started asking about it, they still didn't offer much information. I haven't had an issue with any rude customer service people, but some of them do put me on hold unnecessarily at times.

Z-man - I don't think there's a way to find out that kind of information. I went to Jeep's website and used a 5-star dealer in my area. Also, before selecting a dealer, I emailed all of them, asking what their estimated wait time was for an ordered vehicle. That kind of helped me to gauge their allocation.

Good luck!
Old 05-26-2007, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Karla
Also, before selecting a dealer, I emailed all of them, asking what their estimated wait time was for an ordered vehicle. That kind of helped me to gauge their allocation.

Good luck!
That's a great idea! Thanks, I am going to do that this weekend. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I picked mine up at the dealer on Thursday and have been down in Panamint and Death Valleys with it since (if you remember I had my order cancelled by DCX two weeks ago).

Here she is in Panamint Valley:

The 37s and bags should be arriving in a few weeks :-)

Andy
Old 05-26-2007, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Mine moved to JS Status as well, and estimate arrival time is 5/25, but I called them today and they said that it will be delayed by another 3 weeks! Ohhhhhh... I already started sweeping my parking lott!
Old 05-27-2007, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan
Mine moved to JS Status as well, and estimate arrival time is 5/25, but I called them today and they said that it will be delayed by another 3 weeks! Ohhhhhh... I already started sweeping my parking lott!
Did your dealer give you an estimated arrival date? My dealer told me he didn't know when my JK would get here. :sad:
Old 05-28-2007, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After almost 10 months of waiting my Rubi Unlimited order has finally moved to D1! I have a build date of June 13th!!!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes