Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I Picked up my Sahara unlimited Rock red up on May 18th. I ordered it on March 18th. It was worth the wait.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by green4x4
Well, I found another one 3 hours away. Got it bellow MSRP, about a grand more than my original order, but it comes with a few more goodies than my original order. So I did it. Picking it up Monday . I just have a hard time dealing with the fact that I may have to reorder and start this thing all over again. I just cant believe I found one..

Congrats... you made the right choice... waiting SUCKS!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:50 AM
JK Freak

Default Caught the dealer red-handed! (Long post, sorry!)

3/10/07: Ordered Rubi Unltd for invoice + $400.
4/25/07: Dealer says "Factory is cancelling Rubi orders". I get him to admit that HE is cancelling my order. He says "It will never get built, and it's taking up a slot in my allocation, so I'm using the 'subject to availability' clause to cancel your order. I've decided it is not available."
4/26/07: I found one 250 miles away, paid $750 under sticker, and LOVE IT!!!!
5/25/07: I called the factory, and my jeep is in D status! I say MINE, because it still has my name on it! DCX has no idea that it's no longer for me.

If it were really taking up allocation, he would have cancelled the order, not just given me my deposit back, right? He just wanted out so he could get sticker or more.
I know I could have fought him more, but I also could have gone quite a while waiting, and the one I found had all the features I wanted.
I think I'll let it move along the production line, maybe even go in to the dealer to "buy it" when it arrives. I already told DCX the story when I filled out the survey for the other dealer, but I'm going to look for another way to make sure they get an earfull.

For anyone interested, the stealer is Lawless Chrysler Jeep in Woburn, MA. A so-called "5 Star" dealer . The jeep is a 4 door Rubi, Rescue Green, dual tops, auto, power, single disc+satellite, tow group, side airbags, etc. (Unless he changed anything on it.)
I bought mine from Island Jeep in Long Island, NY. I can't give them too much credit for customer service, since they knew I would probably never be back, but they were efficient and polite. They even picked me up at the train station.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Add me to the list of 'Order Cancelled, found one locally'.

The dealer I ordered through had a Rubi Unlimited come in over the weekend.
I'll get to pick her up on Thursday:

Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep Green Metallic
Dual Tops
Trailer Tow
Power Group
Supplemental bags
4spd Auto
Deep Tint
6CD Changer
Sirius
Fuel Cap

And......my AiROCK system should be here in two weeks along with the 37s and WE's.

Andy
Old 05-22-2007, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default Bingo

YAYYY Picked her up last night it's friggin awesome!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quick question: Will your vehicle's status ever change to E (frame), F (paint), G (trim), etc. during the building process, or will it just stay at D1 until it's ready for shipping?

The reason I'm asking is because I've been at D1 for the past two weeks and have a scheduled ship date of 5/26/07. I'm just wondering if the ship date is way off or if there's little to no change in the status codes while the vehicle is being built.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It changes, probably faster than you get the updates though.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, Rubimon! I call once a week, so I'm guessing it'll stay at D1 and then quickly go through several status changes before moving to a KZ status. I'll guess we'll just wait and see what it's status is next week!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Default Hang in there...

As I recall, mine started at D-1 late February and then on 3/5 mine went from D-1 with a date of 3/10 to a date of 3/2 then on 3/6 to an "undetermined" date then all of the sudden it was in F and then the next night it was loaded onto a railcar!
Old 05-22-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubidonn
Congrats... you made the right choice... waiting SUCKS!
Thanks!!! Its been a blast driving it the past two days.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes