Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 05-15-2007, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, its official, I got the call from the dealer telling me that my order has been canceled because there is a parts shortage on the axles! There is a 4 month back log, and I will have to re-order in July for an '08.

They are still working out the details, I might be able to keep my order in, but I doubt that, being a different year and most probably higher price.

March 9th order.......
Rescue Green 4 door Rubicon
Freedom Top
6-speed
tow package
tinted windows
(I didn't even ask for power, I wanted roll down windows!!!)
Old 05-15-2007, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
Yep, I'll try that but it quite unlikley as they probably have a buyer lined up already for the Sahara...

Let me ask this question: For those who put down a deposit on a special order, then found one on your own.... what did you do about your original deposit? Mine clearly states that it is non-refundable. Maybe I have an out since they cant get me a 2007?
Personally, when I put the deposit down, we agreed that I could cancel at any time and they'd have no problem refunding my money. That being said, in your case, I think if you are not getting a 2007 and your deposit was for a 2007, then there is a good chance that alone would be a breach of contract on their part since they are not providing you with what the two parties agreed upon. Therefore I believe you should have a good chance of getting your money back... by simply presenting it like this. Who knows though, there are plenty of dealers out there w/out integrity and may try and screw you anyway. I've had good luck w/the dealers I've dealt with and if you present it to the them in this way maybe they will see your side of the issue.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Shortage My ***

Originally Posted by Daren
Well, its official, I got the call from the dealer telling me that my order has been canceled because there is a parts shortage on the axles! There is a 4 month back log, and I will have to re-order in July for an '08.

They are still working out the details, I might be able to keep my order in, but I doubt that, being a different year and most probably higher price.

March 9th order.......
Freedom Top
6-speed
tow package
tinted windows
How you ever seen how long it takes to produce axle assemblies? That is a line of crap if ever one was spoke. A factory can produce thousands of whole assemblies in three shifts. The next shortage will be of air for tires...
Old 05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default Holy Crap!

My Dealer called me today and told me that they are building my JEEP!!!
He said to expect it in sometime late next week. I iwas so exicited I forgot to ask for an order code, but at least it's being built.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

EDITED:

Just got the word from my dealer the reason I am in BG is that they are no longer making '07 Manual Sahara's...Not sure if this is BS or not, but...oh well....

Now, the question arrises if I go for an '08, what if any are the package changes, and or prices... Any insight here as to this, I am gonna search the forums now for a bit. If I put in for an '08 he said I amlooking at around August for delivery...

Thanks

-Z

Last edited by Z-Man; 05-16-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

KZ Yesterday 5-14
KZM today with rail car number. ETA to dealer is 5-24-07.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Daren

March 9th order.......
Freedom Top
6-speed
tow package
tinted windows
My order went in the same day. Still in BG,as of today, I am waiting on the no go call.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z-Man
EDITED:

Just got the word from my dealer the reason I am in BG is that they are no longer making '07 Manual Sahara's...Not sure if this is BS or not, but...oh well....

Now, the question arrises if I go for an '08, what if any are the package changes, and or prices... Any insight here as to this, I am gonna search the forums now for a bit. If I put in for an '08 he said I amlooking at around August for delivery...

Thanks

-Z
Sounds like BS - I haven't heard that before.

I don't think anyone has specific information on package availabilty, changes, etc. for the 08s yet. Let us know if you find anyting on that.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by green4x4
My order went in the same day. Still in BG,as of today, I am waiting on the no go call.
I wouldn't wait for the call, I would call Jeep, see what they say, have then call your dealer, then call your dealer. When I talked to my dealer, they didn't know anything, so I gave them the number, they wanted to know how I got it!! Then they called me back with the news......

Funny how the public knows more than the dealer....you would think they have the same resources that us commoners do and could look this stuff up!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

Just got mine off the truck... delivered to my door. IT IS SWEET! Now I have to get busy modifying it... plus I live at high altitude in the mountains and I already think I have to put some 5.13's in it It's all good though!

For those still waiting, it is worth it... but I would certainly recommend looking around for an existing '07 unless your's is already getting built. They're out there (for the most part), just have to find one!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes