Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 05-14-2007, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
OK, maybe it is venting but I just gotta post my experience today with DC cusotmer service...has this happened to anyone else?

Like any good Jeeper, I ordered mine in March and have been checking status weekly. Except for a quick blip to BX and back a few weeks ago, I have stayed in BG all the way through. OK fine...no prob, I can deal with it.

So I call DC on Friday and speak to a Ryan. He seems sympathetic to my order and after I ask what is going on with 2007's he offers to call my dealer and talk to them. Ryan comes back on the line, tells me he spoke with the dealer Sales Manager and will be sending him over some "documentation" to help the dealer expedite my order. I laugh and ask what kind of documentation..no answer to this....

So this morning I call my dealer Sales Manager and he confirms the conversation with Ryan on Friday but still has no "documentation". OK, so I call back DC and can't get Ryan but get another nice lady. She tells me that there is no Ryan and that they are not allowed to call dealerships and that I should contact my dealer. Arrrrrrghhh.

I get a bit testy and finally she tells me that there is a guy there who "goes by" Ryan. She puts me back on hold to talk to "Ryan" and comes back to tell me that Ryan said that I must have misunderstood, he never spoke to my dealer and doesn't have any "documentation" to send. I tell her flat out that Ryan is lying and that my dealer confirmed the conversation. She won't let me talk to Ryan and tells me to contact my dealer for information.

I think my dealer is perplexed as I am.

Am I crazy or has this happened to others?
Somewhat similar to your experience... I think they have standard answers they practice and basically it is "Don't bother me, talk to your dealer". Well, myself just like many of you like going to the source and probably don't want to piss off and bother the dealer twice a week... after all we want to maintain our relationship w/our dealer as best we can. I had similar experiences where they told me they called the dealer to let them know and that I should call the dealer... and then when I did, no such luck.

Bottom line is... do what I did and go find you one that is sitting on some dealer's lot somewhere in the US and either have your dealer get it for you or contact them direct. I did this last Wednesday, by this past Saturday, my Steel Blue Rubicon was on a truck heading to my door step and will be here Wednesday... and $1500 cheaper to boot. That $1,500 cheaper even includes the $925 shipping I paid to get it to my door. So I guess it could be construed as almost $2,500 cheaper.

Point is, go find ya one... they're out there, you just might not get the MyGig.

Last edited by Rubidonn; 05-14-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

I hear ya....
I've used the Jeep.com web site to search about 200 dealers in the northeast with no luck. A couple close ones, but when I call they are already gone.

My dealer just called and has a Sahara on his lot right now with everything I want EXCEPT the 4:10 rear, and offered it to me for $20 more per month.

So do I want to pay MORE for something that isn't exactly what I want? The 4:10 gears were something that I did not want to settle on, but when it's staring you right in the face, my mind is wavering.....
Old 05-14-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD
Dealer called this morning and said it's being unloaded from the truck.

I can pick it up after work tonight (like I'm going to get any work done now)!!!!

Congrats! Looks like you've had an interesting ordering experience. Let us know if it was worth the wait and hassles.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Just for what it's worth, I called DC customer service to check my status EVERY WEEKDAY from when my vehicle was ordered until it arrived at the dealership, (six weeks) and despite my intense pestering, they answered my questions, and were polite and courteous the entire time. There seem to be a lot of customer service horror stories on this thread, and I thought some prospective buyers should know that not everyone gets screwed over by DC.

I'm really glad I ordered one instead of picking one up on the lot.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

I hear ya....
I've used the Jeep.com web site to search about 200 dealers in the northeast with no luck. A couple close ones, but when I call they are already gone.

My dealer just called and has a Sahara on his lot right now with everything I want EXCEPT the 4:10 rear, and offered it to me for $20 more per month.

So do I want to pay MORE for something that isn't exactly what I want? The 4:10 gears were something that I did not want to settle on, but when it's staring you right in the face, my mind is wavering.....
Wait. If you don't get what you want, you're gonna' kick yourself every time you make that monthly payment and realize it's not exactly like you wanted it. I ordered mine and lucked out in getting it in just over 5 weeks. There were certain things I wanted that I didn't get ($$$) but the things I refused to budge on......................I can't imagine not having. It was worth the wait.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Smile

After almost Eight Months My White JK Rubicon arrived in Denver Colorado today. The Dealer told me it should be here in Lander, Wyoming by Thursday.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine was in G Status last Friday. Should ship late this week or early next week.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by papabear

After almost Eight Months My White JK Rubicon arrived in Denver Colorado today. The Dealer told me it should be here in Lander, Wyoming by Thursday.

Sweet!!! Be sure and post up some pictures!
Old 05-15-2007, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

I hear ya....

Tell them that you'll take the Sahara, but they have to put the 4:10's in. Not sure they'll go for it, but if that's the only thing holding you back, give it a whirl... otherwise, see if they'll discount it another ~$1,200... then go pay someone yourself to put them in.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:50 AM
JK Freak

Yep, I'll try that but it quite unlikley as they probably have a buyer lined up already for the Sahara...

Let me ask this question: For those who put down a deposit on a special order, then found one on your own.... what did you do about your original deposit? Mine clearly states that it is non-refundable. Maybe I have an out since they cant get me a 2007?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes