Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 05-13-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, so does anyone know of a website where you can run a search for the vehicle you want? The Jeep site is fine, just very time consuming. Same with Autotrader.
Has anyone used anything else to find a vehicle?
Old 05-13-2007, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
OK, so does anyone know of a website where you can run a search for the vehicle you want? The Jeep site is fine, just very time consuming. Same with Autotrader.
Has anyone used anything else to find a vehicle?
carmax.com, vehix.com, cars.com
Old 05-13-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unlimited07
I cant stand the wait. I am so fedup with the waiting process that i think i just may quit. My order was placed on 2/14 and still in bg status. I have wanted a Wrangler since a kid and now with the 4 door it was a no brainer. Dont know what to do anymore. Just so upset with jeep.
sorry i needed to vent......
carmax has a used jk 4dr just FYI for ya
Old 05-13-2007, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey all,

Found this site just a couple of days ago. There is a wealth of info on here, and that's awesome, great job! So it's been a while since I owned a jeep. Had a wrangler 1990 for 10yrs, then got a sedan, and forever missed the wrangler...So now I am back (hopefully not toooooo long). I recently had my parking garage n the building I live in flooded out, and my '06 Liberty was Total Loss. I am officially car-less. And am hitching rides to work from co-workers...lol

A buddy of mine has a friend who owns a dealership, and they got an allocation for the wrangler. I ordered mine on 05/05/2007...So we'll see what happens. I have read in multiple places and websites, the MyGIG and tops held up orders. Is this still the case? I thought they got the MyGIG issues resolved...Anyway, The number and production codes in the beginning of this thread are tremendously useful, so now I don't have to bother the dealer all the time to find out some info...

Anyway, great site, and I look forward to any input you all may offer.

Cheers,

-Z
Old 05-13-2007, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rubicons

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
Sorry to say you don't have a chance. All Rubicon models are built out for the year. Even if the dealer had available allocation they still would not be given a Rubicon.
hey Jeff,
Does built out for the year mean they will not be scheduling any new rubicons to be built? I was given D status on 5/1. If they are built out for the year does that mean I will not reach D1?
Thanx in advance for your help
Old 05-14-2007, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I just went BG aparently. Not sure what that means fully. but we'll see when I call the dealer...

Any isight anyone?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Take a look at the very first post in this thread. All the codes are explained.
So ya know, many folks here have been at "BG" for months on end, myself included.
I am actually surprised that your dealer was allowed to enter an order for a 2007. Based on posts here and info from my dealer, DC has stopped taking 2007 orders and will likely ask anyone with a non-scheduled 2007 order to cancel it and place a 2008 in June or July.
Good luck, keep us informed.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

May 11 was the 2007 order cut-off date, so he made it under the wire. But, not being D status or greater means we didn't make the 2007 build-out.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, was kinda expecting that, thanks for the reply's fellas. I have no car right now, so I don't know what I am going to do. I still have to call the dealer and find out what is going on... I don't know if I can go with out a car for a couple of months...

sux....

Thanks again...
Old 05-14-2007, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

OK, maybe it is venting but I just gotta post my experience today with DC cusotmer service...has this happened to anyone else?

Like any good Jeeper, I ordered mine in March and have been checking status weekly. Except for a quick blip to BX and back a few weeks ago, I have stayed in BG all the way through. OK fine...no prob, I can deal with it.

So I call DC on Friday and speak to a Ryan. He seems sympathetic to my order and after I ask what is going on with 2007's he offers to call my dealer and talk to them. Ryan comes back on the line, tells me he spoke with the dealer Sales Manager and will be sending him over some "documentation" to help the dealer expedite my order. I laugh and ask what kind of documentation..no answer to this....

So this morning I call my dealer Sales Manager and he confirms the conversation with Ryan on Friday but still has no "documentation". OK, so I call back DC and can't get Ryan but get another nice lady. She tells me that there is no Ryan and that they are not allowed to call dealerships and that I should contact my dealer. Arrrrrrghhh.

I get a bit testy and finally she tells me that there is a guy there who "goes by" Ryan. She puts me back on hold to talk to "Ryan" and comes back to tell me that Ryan said that I must have misunderstood, he never spoke to my dealer and doesn't have any "documentation" to send. I tell her flat out that Ryan is lying and that my dealer confirmed the conversation. She won't let me talk to Ryan and tells me to contact my dealer for information.

I think my dealer is perplexed as I am.

Am I crazy or has this happened to others?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes