Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 05-08-2007, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
You will have to have teh dealer order a 2008 when the TOPS orderign system becomes available. Until then your order will probably stay in BG status and teh factory will either cancel or ask the dealers to cancel all remaining orders in teh system.

You don't have access to any loaded blue Rubicons do you?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you dealer had any allocated to them then yours would have gone into D status on the 1st or 2nd of this month. If it is still sitting in BX status I doubt they got any scheduled.

Call your dealer and ask exactly how many 4 Door Wranglers they were allocated for build-out.
Don-A-Vee: I have a Rubicon 4-door dual tops on order that went D Status on the 1st...is there a guesstimate as to when i might have an actual build date? obviously it has to be some time before they stop building the '07's as I have a VIN for an '07.

Thanks in advance...
Old 05-08-2007, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a try at a catch-all answer:

If you are in C, D status then you should have a build date between now and the end of June.

The amount of time it takes from the first day of production to delivery date to the dealer depends on teh dealer. For us the average amount of time is 16 days from start of production to the time it reaches our lot. I would assume that being closer to the factory would cut up to 6 days off that.

Unless your dealer has a real clue as to what happens with production and build-out stuff, they probably won't call you until they are told by their rep that your vehicle will not be built.

At this point i would recommend that anyone that has an order in the system that has not yet moved forward from BA - BX status just wait until the end of the month (you never know when a miracle will occur). At that time contact your dealer and ask what the plan is for ordering a 2008.

Thier answer should be that they will take your order down on paper and submit it the day that ordering opened up for the 2008 models. I will also post a new thread announcing the day that 2008 JK orders are open...
Old 05-08-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a try at a catch-all answer:

If you are in C, D status then you should have a build date between now and the end of June.

The amount of time it takes from the first day of production to delivery date to the dealer depends on teh dealer. For us the average amount of time is 16 days from start of production to the time it reaches our lot. I would assume that being closer to the factory would cut up to 6 days off that.

Unless your dealer has a real clue as to what happens with production and build-out stuff, they probably won't call you until they are told by their rep that your vehicle will not be built.

At this point i would recommend that anyone that has an order in the system that has not yet moved forward from BA - BX status just wait until the end of the month (you never know when a miracle will occur). At that time contact your dealer and ask what the plan is for ordering a 2008.

Thier answer should be that they will take your order down on paper and submit it the day that ordering opened up for the 2008 models. I will also post a new thread announcing the day that 2008 JK orders are open...
I personally would like to say thank you for helping everyone on here Don-A-Vee. I can see that you get a lot of questions and you answer them. I honestly can say that if I was in the area I would absolutely give you my business. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bodybrdng
I personally would like to say thank you for helping everyone on here Don-A-Vee. I can see that you get a lot of questions and you answer them. I honestly can say that if I was in the area I would absolutely give you my business. Keep up the good work.
Ditto that It's nice to have the latest greatest info and have someone that knows their stuff here to let us in on the workings behind the seen.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Ditto the ditto.
Agreed. Thank you so very much for information like this.

When I am in SoCal on business I am gonna stop in just to shake your hand.

Thank you.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

4/2 went to D.... 4/16 went to D1.... 5/4went to KZL..... 5/8 its sitting waiting for me to pick it up!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks don-a-vee. greatly appreciate the info...
Old 05-09-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

2 days later, first trip to the service dept.

Airbag light woln't go off.

Yippie
Old 05-09-2007, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

How often are you guys calling to check status?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes