Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 04-14-2007, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cab76
I ordered August 9th and am still in BG. I am in the process of placing a second order, but I've been pushing it off because I simply can't believe that my original order will not progress. I keep thinking - it has to move to D status this month - but no, every month it's the same. Very frustrating.
Ouch! The strange thing was, I called DC and the lady was kind enough to place me on hold whlie she contacted my dealer to let them know that I have been in BG status for a very long time to see if there was something they could do to push it along. Does anyone know how that works? Sounds almost like each dealer has an alocation in which they can dictate priority? I purchased my Rubi at $500.00 over invoice. Perhaps they are shipping the full MSRP orders first?
Old 04-14-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

Smile

And I thought I had waited along time, feeling a little better. I hope you get yours soon. Papabear
Old 04-14-2007, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been waiting since January 11 until now. Still in BG status since Jan 17. Ordered 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Auto, Jeep Green, MyGig, Power Conv., Trailer Tow group, and deep tint window. :confused:
Old 04-14-2007, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Sounds like you picked the wrong dealer. That's unacceptable, and am very surprised you have waited this long. You need to get another dealer.

I would say what is unacceptable is the frakked up way Jeep itself handles its orders. They reward the large volume dealers at the expense of the smaller dealers. It is one thing to give some priority to high volume dealers on getting "more" product....but it is another when a CUSTOMER ordering a Jeep waits, and waits and waits simply because they ordered from a smaller dealer. There needs to be some safety valve where time in the queue over-rides the "dealer" allocation factor.

I don't think that when I am ORDERING a vehicle, one of the factors I have to take into account is whether the dealer I am ordering from is going to have "allocation" for my order or not. I expect a smaller dealer to have less inventory....and perhaps no inventory on a model for me to drive to the lot, and pick one out and buy it from the lot. But to me, if you have to order a vehicle, it shouldn't matter where you order it from...it should be processed more on a first in, first out system.

THAT would be one of the first things I would be revamping if I was buying Chrysler.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

i would assume that this is a practice that is done by other motor companies as well?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they do that to help the smaller dealers too. Otherwise the big guys would order up a crap load of Jeeps for inventory and the little guy would have trouble getting his in.

Jeff (Don-a-Vee)could answer it better though, which I believe he has, about a thousand pages back in this thread.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beardiron
Ouch! The strange thing was, I called DC and the lady was kind enough to place me on hold whlie she contacted my dealer to let them know that I have been in BG status for a very long time to see if there was something they could do to push it along. Does anyone know how that works? Sounds almost like each dealer has an alocation in which they can dictate priority? I purchased my Rubi at $500.00 over invoice. Perhaps they are shipping the full MSRP orders first?
Yeah, I have been wondering about this too. I got a really good deal (under invoice) and I'm wondering if my order keeps being pushed to the bottom of the allocation pool for that reason. I finally took the time to write a detailed complaint/request for information to DC customer service. They wrote back fairly promptly saying that they talked to the dealer and that I should be hearing from them. I doubt anything will come of that, but it was worth a try. Meantime, I will probably be placing a second order with another dealer on Monday.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by papabear
And I thought I had waited along time, feeling a little better. I hope you get yours soon. Papabear
Thanks for the support! I really don't need the JK until July, but all this nice spring weather in Northern California is killing me!
Old 04-14-2007, 11:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Area-51
I would say what is unacceptable is the frakked up way Jeep itself handles its orders. They reward the large volume dealers at the expense of the smaller dealers. It is one thing to give some priority to high volume dealers on getting "more" product....but it is another when a CUSTOMER ordering a Jeep waits, and waits and waits simply because they ordered from a smaller dealer. There needs to be some safety valve where time in the queue over-rides the "dealer" allocation factor.

I don't think that when I am ORDERING a vehicle, one of the factors I have to take into account is whether the dealer I am ordering from is going to have "allocation" for my order or not. I expect a smaller dealer to have less inventory....and perhaps no inventory on a model for me to drive to the lot, and pick one out and buy it from the lot. But to me, if you have to order a vehicle, it shouldn't matter where you order it from...it should be processed more on a first in, first out system.

THAT would be one of the first things I would be revamping if I was buying Chrysler.
Exactly - very well said. The problem, though, especially on a high demand vehicle, is the dishonest dealers. I have heard a few posts that claim that some dealers are placing orders for fictitious buyers in an attempt to bolster their inventory. I remember one person said that the dealer was so used to seeing fake customer orders that when their JK came in, the dealer put it on the lot and almost sold it! So, in order for your system to work, Jeep would have to make dealers prove that the customer order is from an actual customer. But how hard can that be - I agree, something needs to change with the customer ordering system.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I believe they do that to help the smaller dealers too. Otherwise the big guys would order up a crap load of Jeeps for inventory and the little guy would have trouble getting his in.

Jeff (Don-a-Vee)could answer it better though, which I believe he has, about a thousand pages back in this thread.
I could be missing something, but I don't see how the current system helps smaller dealers at all. From what I can tell, previous sales determine allocation, and allocation determines the number of vehicles that are built for that dealership, whether dealer orders or customer orders. Given that everything is derived from sales, smaller dealerships appear to be at a disadvantage.

I think I remember the post that you're referring to (way back) - and I think what he was saying was that because the current system is tied to sales, it doesn't allow one dealer to order four times what their previous sales were in order to corner the market. That makes perfect sense to me (and it protects all dealers, to some extent), but I still think that valid customer orders should be given a priority over dealer orders whether the order is made at a large or a small dealership.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes