Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 03-29-2007, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in no way trying to be naive about the situation. I know full well how long these take, and i know that the fact that i ordered a 4 door rubicon with dual tops isnt helping the expedience of this matter. When I originally ordered, my salesman said 3 months to delivery. I had heard 4 from others in the area, so I figured that would be reasonable. The rubicon that only took 6 weeks was also a 4 door hardtop, and was only sold a few days before i came in. So these factors make me hopeful, and a bit optimistic. I directly asked the dealer about allocation, and he said that he has no problem with allocation and that if the parts are available, that the schedule will get put through and not bumped to the next round. I suppose it doesnt matter much my opinion and how i feel in the meantime, because i cant much change how quick it will be. I've read a lot of posts on this forum, and I know how many people have waited 6+ months for theirs and were still feel that the wait was worth it. That being said, I can hope i'm not one of them, but even if i am, i know i'll be happy with my JK.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Unhappy

I wish they would deliver it that way. They are sending 2 drivers, one is driving my Jeep putting 800 mi on it so they can hand deliver it to the DMV here. But now my problem I have been asking for the last week is numbers. They can't seem to get the numbers together so I can pay them on a one time lease. They tell me they don't have the papers in their office for a one time lease sale. Does this seem strange or what? I have never had a hard time trying to give the dealership money. But I can't even get the dollar amount out of them, do you think they are going to change the price on me?

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
Thanks for the support!

Sound to me like the dealer never did change where the vehicle was supposed to be delivered. They actually never have to deal with the rail cars or anything. All we have to do as dealers to change the delivering dealer is enter their dealer code in the "ship to" portion of the order before it leaves the factory. DaimlerChrysler takes care of the rest. Once the vehicle leaves the factory it is in route to whoever was the delivering dealer listed on the order. So if they missed htat step then they would have to arrange to have the vheicle shipped by truck to your local dealer.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get a cheap ticket and fly myself to the Jeep. Not sure I want some kid breaking in my jeep on the freeway. The first 800 miles are the most important ones. Not to mention 16 hours of crumbs, spilled soda etc.

It would make a nice road trip for you anyway.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by edubreuil
You ordered in March, and expect a build in early April...good luck with that. That's the way it should work, but...

I will be surprised if I get a 2007, and I ordered in December 2006. Others have been waiting much longer than that.
myself and more than a handful of others ordered in early february and took delivery in early march - 23 days being the fastest i've seen from start to finish. so it's not entirely out of the question!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:25 PM
aas
JK Enthusiast

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!

I walked down to the dealership and there it was, sitting on their front lot. My salesman isn't here today, so I asked them to make sure nobody test drives it. They haven't detailed it yet or anything; I'm going to ask them to remove all the fender decals and I'll replace those with the simple "Jeep" logo text. I guess I get to take it home tomorrow -- 35-36 days since I ordered it.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Ordered my 2 door rubicon on 2-2-07. Dealer said I could pick it up on 4-3-07. They estimated two months when I originally placed the order and they were quite close. Now I will keep myself awake at night thinking about the jeep. I am very anxious.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

How long after ordering should the dealer be able to give me a VIN or VON number?

I know, not even a week, but ready for the wife's new ride to be in our stable.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

My dealer gave me the VON on the day I ordered it. It was on the papers he gave me.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fantastic..just got off the phone with DC and I've gone to KZ...finally!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Talking

I am so excited and had to share, just got off the phone with DC and I have moved to KZL today. Odd thou as when I spoke with them yesterday I was at F, they must not update as often as I though since I just moved to D1 on the 21st.

Cant wait to play with the MY GIG. yeeeaaahhhh.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes