Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 03-28-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Area-51
Bummer Beel, I was REALLY hoping your Jeep would have progressed to D1 and along into production by now...maybe even to have been on a rail car to you.

Mine finally has hit the dealer lot...still waiting to hear when I can pick it up...if it isn't by tomorrow night at the latest....well I might need a bail fund from the gang here.
Well if you get locked up I'll be sure to keep your Jeep company while you are gone.

Did you at least go take a look at it? Peek through the window and drool?

Congratulations on finally getting your Jeep. Be sure to post and let us know what your impressions are after such a long wait.

Beel

So if I make the 9 month mark am I expected to hand out cigars and birth announcements?

Last edited by Beel_MT; 03-28-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
Well if you get locked up I'll be sure to keep your Jeep company while you are gone.

Congratulations on finally getting your Jeep. Be sure to post and let us know what your impressions are after such a long wait.

Beel

So if I make the 9 month mark am I expected to hand out cigars and birth announcements?

maybe, but i think we owe you some sympathy cards.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Beel_MT

Beel

Yeah, I even got to sit in the front seat. That was about it...nothing had been flashed yet, so electronics were non functional.

The holdup is now a couple of other items they were getting to put on my Jeep. Seems they didn't order them until late last week. My wife was really surprised when I didn't go postal on them right there on the spot when that little blurb came out that not everything was "in" yet.

I am trying to stay cool about it....no reason to blow the deal here when it is so close....but if I haven't gotten a call by lunch time about it, lets just say they will be getting a less than polite phone call this afternoon for a status check.

One "problem" is that my salesperson no longer works at that dealership....she got "promoted" and is now a sales manager for another of their dealerships in another town....so I don't have an absolute advocate at this particular store who is going to make money here....since the sale is still hers....she is getting the commission.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

I hope the best for you. I have been through quite the saga myself. I have been watching what everyone else has been going through thinking my dealership has been pretty good with me to until the Jeep came in. See like, many of you ordered my Jeep first of Nov of '06, was told 4-6 weeks. Found this website realized the dealership may be wrong but waited. I told my dealership that I was moving to CO the end of January before we even confirmed this whole deal. I WAS CONSTANTLY REASSURED THAT WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM. They would just deliver the Jeep to the local Jeep dealership in my area. Unfortunatly, the dealership didn't put the Jeep on the right rail car after many many attempts to remind them, to lets get the paperwork going now, don't forget,etc, etc. We called just last Saturday morning to see what was going on. Hey, my dealer says it just showed up on the lot today!!! We said well great lets GIT 'r Done. Well to make the longer story short......after 2 attempts to drive down being told to turn around it isn't ready....I now can't get my calls returned, I can't get a promise kept.....so anyway, please as many of you can feel my pain....I hope this never ending saga ends soon...my paitence is wearing so thin...I already made a mental note for future....Deal with Don-a-Vee....Jeff is great
Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepinfool
I hope the best for you. I have been through quite the saga myself. I have been watching what everyone else has been going through thinking my dealership has been pretty good with me to until the Jeep came in. See like, many of you ordered my Jeep first of Nov of '06, was told 4-6 weeks. Found this website realized the dealership may be wrong but waited. I told my dealership that I was moving to CO the end of January before we even confirmed this whole deal. I WAS CONSTANTLY REASSURED THAT WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM. They would just deliver the Jeep to the local Jeep dealership in my area. Unfortunatly, the dealership didn't put the Jeep on the right rail car after many many attempts to remind them, to lets get the paperwork going now, don't forget,etc, etc. We called just last Saturday morning to see what was going on. Hey, my dealer says it just showed up on the lot today!!! We said well great lets GIT 'r Done. Well to make the longer story short......after 2 attempts to drive down being told to turn around it isn't ready....I now can't get my calls returned, I can't get a promise kept.....so anyway, please as many of you can feel my pain....I hope this never ending saga ends soon...my paitence is wearing so thin...I already made a mental note for future....Deal with Don-a-Vee....Jeff is great
Thanks for the support!

Sound to me like the dealer never did change where the vehicle was supposed to be delivered. They actually never have to deal with the rail cars or anything. All we have to do as dealers to change the delivering dealer is enter their dealer code in the "ship to" portion of the order before it leaves the factory. DaimlerChrysler takes care of the rest. Once the vehicle leaves the factory it is in route to whoever was the delivering dealer listed on the order. So if they missed htat step then they would have to arrange to have the vheicle shipped by truck to your local dealer.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by crusher
Congrats on your progress. I called DC yesterday and they said that there was some sort of restriction on the order, but to call my dealer because they would know more (expected). So i called up the dealer and he says from what he can see there isnt anything in particular holding it up, but that they are all "scheduled out" for March. He said that there was a good chance that I would get a schedule early in April. Basically since I ordered on the 10th, that means that they filled all the orders they were gonna process for march in the first 9 days! I'm hoping that he's right and that I go into D at the beginning of next month.
You ordered in March, and expect a build in early April...good luck with that. That's the way it should work, but...

I will be surprised if I get a 2007, and I ordered in December 2006. Others have been waiting much longer than that.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know others are taking much longer, which is why i'll try not to complain too much if it did. However, my dealer said the last rubicon they ordered took 6 weeks to get in from time of order, so I am still hopeful that he's right and they will build sometime in April. I'm trying to stay optimistic.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know others are taking much longer, which is why i'll try not to complain too much if it did. However, my dealer said the last rubicon they ordered took 6 weeks to get in from time of order, so I am still hopeful that he's right and they will build sometime in April. I'm trying to stay optimistic.

the way i see it is that the model type and equipement really impacts delivery time.from what i can tell 2 door models are the least effected by delays and 4door models with the hardtop are the most effected:sad: so you better stay optimistic..........
Old 03-29-2007, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Which means that dealer had allocation available to get that order through at that time.

Which may, or may not be the case now...the more a dealer sells, the more allocation they get...but how many Jeeps has he sold between that Rubicon and yours, and how many other Jeeps has he taken orders on already that might take precedence over yours?

Not trying to burst your bubble of hope, just temper that with a possible dose of reality that just because he was able to get one fast in the past does not mean he can repeat on yours...not saying it won't happen....but in the case of Jeep Wranglers, and especially Rubicons,

I think you are perhaps better approaching it from the angle of being pessimistic on how long it could take, and then if it happens much faster, you can be really happy.

Last edited by Area-51; 03-29-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 AM
aas
JK Enthusiast

My dealership and sales guy gave me pessimistic estimates saying it may take two to three months for my order to come in. It supposedly arrives on Friday (tomorrow) and I should be able to take delivery Friday or Saturday, depending on what time it arrives. So, in my case, six weeks.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes