Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 03-21-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E to delivery...how long did it take?

I just made it to E status I ordered 10-30-06 went to D-1 on 3-12-07 and now Im in E status as of 3-20-07. Anyone care to guesstimate how much longer till I receive my rubi?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubicon
I just made it to E status I ordered 10-30-06 went to D-1 on 3-12-07 and now Im in E status as of 3-20-07. Anyone care to guesstimate how much longer till I receive my rubi?
I went from E to KZL in a day....unless there is a problem with your Jeep, should be similar.

Past that, depends on how long it takes to make it on a train to you....follow the thread back, and get a train car # from your dealer when it moves to KZM...you'll be able to track the status.

Once it arrives at the final rail yard though, you then have the possible "wait" of getting on a truck to get to your dealer.....as you can note in my sig....mine was 3-3.5 hours away at the final rail point on Monday, awaiting a truck....was not supposed to hit my dealer's lot until this coming up Monday....a week to make a 3.5 hour trip.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

It has been a very long 5 months but it looks like my Jeep will be ready on March 28th. My dealer told me that it takes about 2-3 days after it hits the final rail yard in Salt Lake. I can't wait to hit the trails.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Moab69
It has been a very long 5 months but it looks like my Jeep will be ready on March 28th. My dealer told me that it takes about 2-3 days after it hits the final rail yard in Salt Lake. I can't wait to hit the trails.
Mine arrived on Thursday March 1st at 5:38 AM.
I told the dealer I would be down to get it. Of course, I knew I couldn't do that, but what the heck - nice try!

He said it had to be offloaded; then inspected; then loaded onto a transport and brought to the dealer before they could even touch it!

I called them back on Sat, March 3 around 2 PM. He said it was on their back lot - I could come and look at it, but it had not yet been prepped. I told him "I'm on my way - call the police and tell them I'm allowed to speed over there to get it!" It was ready by 5:30 and I drove it home around 7 PM (all the salesman and dealership personnel wanted to see the 1st half metal 2door Rubicon)!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Day 90, and still in BG status...

Every week a new excuse, Rubicon, Hard top, 6 Speed, ....
But every week they build them
Customer Service (not!), says "contact dealer". Dealer says, "they won't tell us anything".

Will someone who knows how to run a business please buy Jeep
Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by edubreuil
Day 90, and still in BG status...

Every week a new excuse, Rubicon, Hard top, 6 Speed, ....
But every week they build them
Customer Service (not!), says "contact dealer". Dealer says, "they won't tell us anything".

Will someone who knows how to run a business please buy Jeep
It is Jeep's ordering process that is frakked.

It is designed to favor the high volume dealers above all else, including at times customers.

As a customer, you not only need to look at who will give you the best deal, but also who has allocation, or will get allocation in short order if you desire your Jeep in a timely fashion.

Those two things are not always possibly with the same dealer, so the customer is sometimes forced to choose which is more important....a good dealer and price....or get the Jeep faster.

That is one thing when you are talking about one dealer having a Jeep on the lot and being "higher" in price than ordering it from another dealer....one then EXPECTS to wait. It is another when it is as Jeep's is.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Area-51
It is Jeep's ordering process that is frakked.

It is designed to favor the high volume dealers above all else, including at times customers.

As a customer, you not only need to look at who will give you the best deal, but also who has allocation, or will get allocation in short order if you desire your Jeep in a timely fashion.

Those two things are not always possibly with the same dealer, so the customer is sometimes forced to choose which is more important....a good dealer and price....or get the Jeep faster.

That is one thing when you are talking about one dealer having a Jeep on the lot and being "higher" in price than ordering it from another dealer....one then EXPECTS to wait. It is another when it is as Jeep's is.

i have to agree with you,but can you really trust the dealer about his allocation.he can tell you anything just to make the sale
Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 5andcounting
i have to agree with you,but can you really trust the dealer about his allocation.he can tell you anything just to make the sale
Based on how many people have posted that their dealer told them "They were the highest volume Jeep, or Chrysler dealer in the US", yet they seem to be all over the US...no, you can not always trust the dealer to be telling you the truth.

Although I just always go into it thinking that a dealer is gonna lie some to make the deal.

On the dealer I chose...well, I really didn't understand completely the ordering process and how truly frakked up it was skewed towards allocation over everything else when I ordered. I am not sure I still would have been able to choose the "high volume" dealer over the dealer I chose....as the 2 at the time were over $3k difference in numbers....that was a huge price difference to overcome just to get it sooner.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Based on how many people have posted that their dealer told them "They were the highest volume Jeep, or Chrysler dealer in the US", yet they seem to be all over the US...no, you can not always trust the dealer to be telling you the truth.

Although I just always go into it thinking that a dealer is gonna lie some to make the deal.

On the dealer I chose...well, I really didn't understand completely the ordering process and how truly frakked up it was skewed towards allocation over everything else when I ordered. I am not sure I still would have been able to choose the "high volume" dealer over the dealer I chose....as the 2 at the time were over $3k difference in numbers....that was a huge price difference to overcome just to get it sooner.

what else can i say amen
Old 03-22-2007, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

The dealer I have been working with did explain the allocations to me when I ordered the Jeep back in October. My only suggestion is to work with the Inventory Manager at the dealership instead of the salesman. Luckily the salesman introduces me to the Inventory Manager and we were able to talk on a weekly basis. According to the Inventory Manager, the whole system is definitely frakked up. I wanted to make a change while my Jeep was in "D" status and he could not talk to the factory directly. He had to work through a rep that then would talk to the factory. Luckily both him and I were very persistent and got the factory to make the change while in "D" status.

While in “D” hell with the MyGig issue in February, he also placed another order for me without the MyGig to see if we could get off dead center. Lucky for me, the first order with the MyGig went “D1” on March 7th, in which he called me at work to tell me the good news.

Now I need to work on the price with my trade-in. I will report back after the sale.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes