Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 03-20-2007, 12:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rail Car Cities / Maps

Anyone know of a site that shows the actual rail routes with the various misspelled cities along the way? The Union Pacific route map on their site is at a much higher level than Google Earth would allow - OK yes I've waited too long and want to know exactly where it really is!

Been tracking mine through Kansas and found some info for Altvista Kansas (which I've only found in various other spellings) and Whicity Kansas but needless to say the closest is Wichita!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Keep your eye on it make sure the dealer doesn't sell it from underneath you, this has happen numerous times before!
Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

The vehicle is now one state away and I literally will be on the phone as soon as the dealership opens - and tracking it hourly.

Just have an uneasy feeling as the timing is a bit strange. The fact that it was sent without any explanation - via phone or any written reason - has made the past hours very unnerving!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

I called the number in the first post to get an update from my order number... but it's only for US orders :( They gave me a number for customer service in Canada, but then I'm told they don't have the ability to track build progress in Canada!!!
Man that is the dumbest thing ever. So basically I have to wait until it shows up at the dealer!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

My Jeep is but a short 3-3.5 hour "drive" from me sitting in the rail yard in Council Bluffs....says it was unloaded the 19th, with delivery date of the 26th to the dealer. WTH....it takes a WEEK for them to load it on a semi and drive it 3 hours this direction? I asked the dealer if the trucking company limited their drivers to first gear only....but hell, I think I could probably WALK that distance in less than a week.

Not sure if there is any way for them to get it to them faster....after waiting almost 6 months, to know it is now sitting only 3 some hours away in a rail yard, and think of it taking another week to get here....
Old 03-20-2007, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlbertaJK
I called the number in the first post to get an update from my order number... but it's only for US orders :( They gave me a number for customer service in Canada, but then I'm told they don't have the ability to track build progress in Canada!!!
Man that is the dumbest thing ever. So basically I have to wait until it shows up at the dealer!
try them a bit later but don't mention it's a canadian order,it always worked for me.but be ready to be disappointed because from what i can tell not many orders being shipped to canada:sad:
Old 03-20-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Area-51
My Jeep is but a short 3-3.5 hour "drive" from me sitting in the rail yard in Council Bluffs....says it was unloaded the 19th, with delivery date of the 26th to the dealer. WTH....it takes a WEEK for them to load it on a semi and drive it 3 hours this direction? I asked the dealer if the trucking company limited their drivers to first gear only....but hell, I think I could probably WALK that distance in less than a week.

Not sure if there is any way for them to get it to them faster....after waiting almost 6 months, to know it is now sitting only 3 some hours away in a rail yard, and think of it taking another week to get here....
My dealer told me the same thing. It would take a week to go from the rail yard to the dealership (20 miles tops)
Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Area-51

Hey, I'm in Omaha, across the river from council Bluffs but was going to go to Bass Pro Shops in CB tonight after work, would you like my to stop at the railyard and say HI to your jeep for you?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JonGiovani
Hey, I'm in Omaha, across the river from council Bluffs but was going to go to Bass Pro Shops in CB tonight after work, would you like my to stop at the railyard and say HI to your jeep for you?
Sure, maybe you can take a digital camera and get some pics for me too...I think the wait now knowing it is so close is worse than the past 6 months have been up to this point.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:37 AM
aas
JK Enthusiast

I'm at G. I haven't received my bank draft from my bank in the mail yet :(.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes