Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

center console arm rest question

Old 02-15-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default necessity is the mother of invention

Thanks mudpuppy. I think I found something...its actually a lock box that is the right height (solid steel). I plan on putting a pad on the top and bolting it down to the existing console. Now, I've got an armrest that opens up to hold small items (pen, paper etc).
Mag
Old 02-15-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Magnum007
Thanks mudpuppy. I think I found something...its actually a lock box that is the right height (solid steel). I plan on putting a pad on the top and bolting it down to the existing console. Now, I've got an armrest that opens up to hold small items (pen, paper etc).
Mag
Old 02-17-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

It's not attached yet...when I get it put on, I'll post pics...
Old 02-17-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JulianK
That pad is great if you're tall and have the seat back a ways. I'm 5'7" and where I have my seat, my elbow barely touches the console.
I had the same issues the armrest was not designed by a 5'7" person. I bought the Rugged Ridge arm rest (Same as Quadratec but without their logo) and moded it. I unscrewed the armrest from the bracket base and moved it forward a couple inches and re-screwed it in.
It's perfect now.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-18-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default rough idea pic

Originally Posted by Soup
Here is a conceptual pic of what I'm thinking...rather than spend $45 on a pillow/pad, I figure I'd spend $25 on a lock box and then bolt it down. Pic attached as to what I'm thinking....(graphic line to show where bracket would go). It sits a little high, but it fits me (I'm over 6').

Mag
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	armrest1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	19504   Click image for larger version

Name:	armrest2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	19505  
Old 02-18-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice adjustment forward on that Rugged Ridge armrest. I know what the OP is looking for but I can't find one. Wish there was one it would add storage space for all of our cr-p.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

KenB1010 and others who have the Tuffy conole lock box with the 6-speed: do you have any problem wiht your elbow hitting the edge of the consle top when you shift into second, fourth and sixth gear? The bottom of my arm/elbow barely brushes the top of now and I'm concerned that if the top is much higher than stock, I will have to change the angle of my arm to prevent it from hitting it with each such shift. Any of you have to make an arm angle adjustment or is the rise not that significant?

Quick Reply: center console arm rest question