Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

CEL for #1 misfire

Old 11-10-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your jeep ran just fine before having the exhaust manifold bolts fixed ? No check engine lights ?

After the fix all heck and havoc started ?

This doesn't take a rocket scientist or jeep owner to figure out the dealer fcked some things up.

You need to be talking to customer service service manager dealer owner or the rep for that area instead if trying to fix what they caused.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can bet I've suspected that from the start. That's how the raping on the plugs happened. I would of never brought it to them to change my plugs if I believed that was the actual problem. I feel...no, KNOW they are not wanting to accept responsibility for something they probably did. The fact that they called me after only 10 minutes made me certain that they didn't actually diagnose the problem... only hooked up the scanner and "pointed a shotgun" so to say at it as an attempt to fix it. Had they even opened the hood they would of discovered the arcing #1 plugwire. You could see and hear it. I'll bet anything that they come back and say that my new aftermarket plugwires and coil caused the fire. In which case, I might have to bend someone.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a call yesterday from the dealer. They said they still weren't sure what caused the cats to generate so much heat. But they informed me that there were worse and deeper lying issues. Seems the 1, 3, 5 cylinder bank cam (same one exhaust header bolts broke on and got fixed) had somehow "walked" in the cam bearings. This caused a lubrication starvation situation and the cam seized. Apparently, it starved more than just the cam because they are replacing the short block too. So, I now have $35,000 tied up in a two year old Jeep with a questionable engine, and a huge red flag on the carmax report. Seems I'm loosing out on this deal on all corners.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the outcome of all this?

Quick Reply: CEL for #1 misfire