Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Caught playing girly music with the top down

Old 07-15-2011, 01:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NCJeepster

I have an 8yr old daughter. I feel your pain. Oh God, do I feel your pain!
8yo and twin 6yo, all girls.

I can sing Demi Lavato, Hannah, camp rock, lemonade mouth, high school musical. Yup,

Your the voice inside my head, the reason that I'm doin' this...gotta find you....gotta find you!

It's all good.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, when I pull up to hotties or see them pulling up I have a folder on my ipod called "HEY, HAY, HAY" lol. Its Frank Sinatra, Barry White, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, and others. My wife thinks it hilarious. The ladies at the lights love it too. Half the time they will smile, wave, and sing with the tunes.

Try it out! You will see results. BTW, if girls dont like that music, you shouldnt be looking at them in the 1st place cause they suck!

Im 30 and I have seen it work on all ages of women.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:52 AM
JK Freak

This is the exact reason why I have raised my young'uns on Lynard Skynard and AC/DC... I refuse to give up my man card...
Old 07-15-2011, 02:32 AM
JK Freak

Can't relate to this thread yet ! But funny stories !
Old 07-15-2011, 03:52 AM
JK Newbie

I wasnt really caught as I was listening to it and yeah I will claim it. The Police, Every Breath You Take, came on my android as I was stopped at the light. Front row, middle lane, top down, doors off, volume at MAX. I think I had a call or something as it was paused and I had press play again. So Sting starts belting it out and I am just kinda doing the finger tap on the wheel, maybe a toe bounce every now and then in my flipflop sitting on the door hinge/footrest. Remembering some high school hottie this song reminds me off.
This hoopty pulls up next to me, drivers side. Two black gang bangers sitting in the front. I can barely hear their music underneath mine. I catch the driver, turning down his music, leaning forward and looking up out of the corner of my eye. I turn my head and the stare down begins. I am still doing the finger/foot tap, a lopsided beginning grin(as usual) on my face and dark sunglasses. After a few seconds I get a little head bounce to the beat from the driver. I give him an up nod. The light turns green.

You just cant be uncool in a jeep. No matter what. Yeah its not the usual White Zombie, KMFDM, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest that I jam too. But I owned it. It was cool.

As for the Barry White, Sinatra post above. I have a track from KC and the Sunshine band - Im your boogie man! Chicks dig that song. I also have a version of it from white zombie that rocks!

White Zombie version - http://youtu.be/S02Kit-k4c4
KC and Sunshine - http://youtu.be/RKoZMke594A

Last edited by drunkenmugsy; 07-15-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

my turn to contribute.

I haven't really been caught listening to the latest pop stuff but I have been seen driving around MoCo Maryland listening to Prince "Kiss" or some Michael Jackson.

When the gf gets in the car we both like to listen to 40's on 4 or the hits stations. Sometimes I will listen to the classical stations as well (playing in the school orchestra and jazz band will do that to you)

Lately though Ive been listening to 39 Hair Nation when alone. I miss the 80's
Old 07-15-2011, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Sirius 70's on 7 plays some pretty funny stuff that we rock out to! I am half embarrassed and half thinking it's cool, but I play it loud anyways ... Why? Because Honey Badger don't give a shit and neither do I!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by McPuck86
... Why? Because Honey Badger don't give a shit...
He just takes what he wants!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:18 PM
DJV
JK Newbie

DOORLESS IS EVEN CRAZIER...When I park and get out my radio still goes for another :30 sec or so since opening the door doesn't trigger it to stop. Even after I lock it!

Quick Reply: Caught playing girly music with the top down