Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Caught playing girly music with the top down

Old 07-14-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reminds me of the commercial where the guy is getting ready for a dude's night out. Removes the cars seat, cleans all the cereal out of the seats...only to have the kiddie music play when he turns on the radio with his buddies in the car...

Life goes on....

Unless you pull up to another jeeper why sweat it. Who's gonna make fun of you?
The guy in the caravan? Sure he has the same engine, but he still has sliding doors.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conagher1851
Here's the song I play everyday to get me going in the morning when i hop in the jeep...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y

Old 07-14-2011, 12:32 PM
DJV
JK Newbie

One of my presets is THE MESSAGE. A christian station...Which I'm not ashamed of...However, at stoplights, when songs get really "JESUS" heavy, I look like some sort of crazy militant Jesus freak in my raised blacked out JK. I feel like if I were to shave my head, people would lock their doors when idling next to me.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 915RUBICON
Oh yeah, I have a 7 year old daughter, and of course LOVES Justin Bieber . And like any father wants to make his daughter happy. She begged and begged to hear his CD.
So I agree and press play. So here is this grown ass man driving along no top, no doors, in a Modded out Rubicon on 37's with BABY BABY.... just blasting out and a 7 Year old in the back singing her heart out.
Crazy looks at first then a couple of thumbs up. OH WELL.....What can I say......I think I even know the words now.
That should be one of those be a dad commercials
Old 07-14-2011, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by matt852
That should be one of those be a dad commercials
I agree, that would be a great jeep commercial. Instead of the ones they have now with the guy trying to be a thug and climbing the destruction of a construction site..
Old 07-14-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Topless, doorless the other day sirius alerted me that I had a saved song. It was Sir-mix-a-lot Baby got back. My girl was in the front seat (she saved that one) she turned it up and started dancing and we were in traffic between lights. I just let her go because I love her. (she is 26)
Old 07-14-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by a-dub
So true, these are the same songs we are probably singing with the top on and the doors on. Lol

I have an 11 year old and an 8 year old and thankfully I taught them at a young age to like my music. I get different types of stares when the 3 of us are at a light and we are all singing the same song and it's KoRn, Journey, or some Bob Marley.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

iii haadd, tthee tiimmee off myy liiIIiiffee.. 'aann i neevaa feelltt this way befforreee
Old 07-14-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I love this thread!!! I've joked about this with my wife a lot. I have a playlist that is specifically for my kids (8 and 4). Many times I've dropped my daughter off at school and made it another 20 minutes down the road listening to Laurie Berkner Band or something (dad's know who I'm talking about)... To make things worse I will be singing along... I'm not too proud to belt out a kids song with the kids in the Jeep, but alone at a stoplight... Not cool man!!! LOL!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Makes me SO happy that Led Zepellin is my 5 1/2 yo son favorite band. Not to mention if he catches a smokin' "Fire On the Mountain" on the Jam or Grateful Dead channel.

Quick Reply: Caught playing girly music with the top down