Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Caught playing girly music with the top down

Old 07-14-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught playing girly music with the top down

Obviously this is mainly for the male Jeepers out there.

Ever got caught by accident (or not) playing less than cool songs at high volume on your JK radio and having someone hear you? Like Vanessa Carlton or something?

I once switched stations and had to take a phone call and didn't realize Britney Spears came on. I was busy with my call and was oblivious until I was at a stop light and a young guy stopped next to me and gave me a hideously mocking grin. I've been sure to preset ONLY alt rock and hard rock stations since!

What's your story?? Share!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Katy Perry came on as these 2 hot girls pulled up beside me at a red light. I was topless, doorless, and the volume was at like 30. FML.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Lol yea it sucks usually I just act like I'm rocking out to it haha
Old 07-14-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yeah, I have a 7 year old daughter, and of course LOVES Justin Bieber . And like any father wants to make his daughter happy. She begged and begged to hear his CD.
So I agree and press play. So here is this grown ass man driving along no top, no doors, in a Modded out Rubicon on 37's with BABY BABY.... just blasting out and a 7 Year old in the back singing her heart out.
Crazy looks at first then a couple of thumbs up. OH WELL.....What can I say......I think I even know the words now.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 915RUBICON
Oh yeah, I have a 7 year old daughter, and of course LOVES Justin Bieber . And like any father wants to make his daughter happy. She begged and begged to hear his CD.
So I agree and press play. So here is this grown ass man driving along no top, no doors, in a Modded out Rubicon on 37's with BABY BABY.... just blasting out and a 7 Year old in the back singing her heart out.
Crazy looks at first then a couple of thumbs up. OH WELL.....What can I say......I think I even know the words now.
Haha that's awesome
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

That right there is love! I'll be in the same boat in a few years, with 2 daughters.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Too funny. I'm not at that stage with my kids yet.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I alternate between the first two Sirius stations, Hits 1 and 20 on 20 (I think), so it happens often
Old 07-14-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

I was coming out of the dog park with my wife and hopping into the Jeep (top down and doors off) and these two college kids were checking it out. I was feeling pretty cool as I strutted to the driver's side and hopped behind the wheel. I turned the key and pushed play. I had my "cool cruising" play list on. I put a couple of my wife's favorite songs on it (just to be nice) and one of them started blaring through the speakers as the college guys walk away doubled over with laughter. I think the song was "Hold On" by Wilson Philips. I hear it way to often...
Old 07-14-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kalamari
I was coming out of the dog park with my wife and hopping into the Jeep (top down and doors off) and these two college kids were checking it out. I was feeling pretty cool as I strutted to the driver's side and hopped behind the wheel. I turned the key and pushed play. I had my "cool cruising" play list on. I put a couple of my wife's favorite songs on it (just to be nice) and one of them started blaring through the speakers as the college guys walk away doubled over with laughter. I think the song was "Hold On" by Wilson Philips. I hear it way to often...
Ouch man. I feel your pain!

Quick Reply: Caught playing girly music with the top down