Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cargo Liner for a Dog

Old 01-22-2020, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo Liner for a Dog

I ordered a universal cloth liner for the back of my 2017 unlimited but wasn't pleased with the fit.
I just want something to keep down the amount of dog hair and sand from the beach that ends up EVERYWHERE.

Does anyone have a liner that they have used and really like?
Old 01-22-2020, 10:29 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Nothing fancy for sure, but it has worked very well for me, I went to harbor freight and got one of the large moving blankets,
( 72"x 80" ) for $8.99, not a fitted liner, but it's big enough that it covers well, and cheap
Old 01-27-2020, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Looking for something a little cleaner in look..... might just have something made...
Old 01-27-2020, 10:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

When I bought my jeep, I couldn't have cared less about leather or anything. I actually liked the cloth seats.......that was until I realized what an ass whipping they'd be to clean dirt and dog hair out of. I bought my jeep new in 2013.....I think it was summer of 2014 I installed Katzkin leather and never looked back. Was so much easier to keep clean. I eventually got tired of the stupid carpet too.....so I ripped it all out and raptor lined the whole tub....only to find that would constantly look dirty too. . I can't help much with a cover for seats, but if you get to the point of hating that carpet for the same reasons (sand/pet hair), the BedRug carpet is a REALLY nice option that doesn't break the bank.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

I dont see a huge difference in the Bedrug vs the carpet that's in there now. Is it just denser so things dont get trapped in it?
In my head i pictured something I could pull out once a month and toss in the wash.

Your 1000% right about leather for any vehicle that has animals riding in it......
Old 01-28-2020, 06:33 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by teamcurtis
I dont see a huge difference in the Bedrug vs the carpet that's in there now. Is it just denser so things dont get trapped in it?
In my head i pictured something I could pull out once a month and toss in the wash.
You can't tell a ton by looking at it, but they are night and day different. The Bedrug is really a minimal thing while still maintaining a nice look. It doesn't absorb liquids nor stain. You can pull it out and hose it off. I can tell you that dirt and junk doesn't cling to it the same way that it does to the factory carpet. I've never experienced it, but I'd suspect that would mean it would be a better product for sand as well. I went bedlined for a couple years. I didn't experience heat issues and didn't mind the noise so much....but that dang bedlined tub was constantly dirty.....and could never get it to look nice and clean outside of scrubbing and hosing it out. The Bedrug actually added a bit of refinement back to my interior. Nice thing is you don't have to remove the seats so it's easy in and easy out. I have a friend with the BedTred mats.....they are nice, but way too pricey for me. I know you weren't asking about carpet, but figured it was along the same lines as the issue you're hoping to resolve. I will admit......I was a doubter of this carpet until two other buddies bought it and I saw it first hand. It didn't take long to figure out that was a great solution to my issue.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I think this and some neoprene seat covers for the back seats is what Ill do. So once a month I can pull it all and clean it off.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Your mileage may vary- I've not had good luck with dogs and neoprene. Their nails get it and then it's toast and you're stuck with holes, etc. The neoprene also causes swampy-ness in the nether regions.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Your mileage may vary- I've not had good luck with dogs and neoprene. Their nails get it and then it's toast and you're stuck with holes, etc. The neoprene also causes swampy-ness in the nether regions.
What do you suggest? Most of the time the rear seats will be up confining her to the back. (70 lb shepard mix). I wouldn't put the neoprene of the front seats for the naughty bits issue you mentioned.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Our dog goes everywhere with us and we get our Jeeps/dog dirty. Our solutions aren't fancy but they work for us.

My 4 door we use the foam squares that you would use as workout flooring. Wipes right up and gives the dog traction.
That Jeep is a little different since there's no back seat, it has a sleeping deck with an anchor for the dog harness.

The wife's 2 door we use a piece of stall mat from tractor supply cut to fit.

Both Jeeps use Bartact seat covers, a little pricey but they're the best IMO. (neither Jeep has carpet)

Last edited by BlueBaby; 01-31-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Cargo Liner for a Dog