Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Car and Driver article

Old 03-20-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IIRC The H3 had slighty higher marks in pretty much every rating catagory except the final 3 or so where it made up for its point deficit. Something like "Fun to drive" and "Must Have" or something along those lines.

If you rate it like a commuter car with creature comforts of course the JK is going to lose. At least this article was better then the Consumer reports biased article.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked the article as they were comparing the v8 H3 to the JK, and the v8 was not enough to put the H3 over the Rubi..

now if Jeep put a v8 in the JK, there would be no comparison, the JK would BLOW away the h3
Old 03-20-2008, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Here's my beefs with the article. Their H3 alpha did not have the optoinal transfer case. According to the H3 build site, that is part of the offroad package. (Take what you will from that package name). So what they are comparing the rubicon with has the traction of a base model x with 32's, thought probably not as stout of a drivetrain, if previous all wheel drive xfers are a valid point of reference. And they still felt it held it's own. So this clearly was not a dirve it till you can't go any further type offroad excursion. I have an X so I'm not trashing it. But I do feel that if you do what it take to stick a Rubi in the rocks, the TCS will not do as well. Even with the offroad package, there's no front locker. Rubi wins. My other gripe is they put a ramrod straight seat back on par with an on the floor eat your knees the whole trip seat. Maybe I'm biased since I'm one of those freaks that drives with the seat in the upright position.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Renegade
I couldn't even get through half of that article. It left me wondering if the writer even drove either vehicle. Most of it was just a bunch of "fluffy" crap that had no real meaning whatsoever. I want my 5 minutes back.
I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling that way. =)
Old 03-20-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

i bought the magazine just for this article(mostly). It was a decent read, if a poor comparison. They kind of have to play the vehicles they're delt, so the comparisons arnt always perfect. I was really hoping the comparison would be more hardcore offroad. I really liked reading the comparisons from when the H2 came out and they compared it to the jeep. This one just wasnt thorough enough.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I couldn't even get through half of that article. It left me wondering if the writer even drove either vehicle. Most of it was just a bunch of "fluffy" crap that had no real meaning whatsoever. I want my 5 minutes back.
LOL x2

I skipped most of it and just read the sumary (highs and lows) of each vehicle, then looked at the perty pictures
Old 03-20-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Bottom line: whether you're a CJ, YJ, TJ, LJ, ZJ, JK or H2/3 owner, if you're willing to get dirty, then you're ok in my book.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I TOTALLY AGREE! The writer Sux at writing -- I couldn't read it -- time for him to pick a new profession!

Quick Reply: Car and Driver article