Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Can't wait for the bedlining!!!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't wait for the bedlining!!!

So I just got off the phone with a auto body shop. Got a quote to get Line X Premium (black) for $615! Now it's time to start ripping out carpet, plastic and start sanding!

I'll be posting pics as I progress, and I'll try to put up as much info as I can. Any questions are welcome, though I don't claim to be a pro!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a pretty good deal. Keep us posted
Old 01-31-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Jedi

did mine my self for like 60 bucks but i wish i would have taken more time and checked some more akward positions to see. It still took me and the gf like 4 hours but should have taken more.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
did mine my self for like 60 bucks but i wish i would have taken more time and checked some more akward positions to see. It still took me and the gf like 4 hours but should have taken more.
What did you use?
Old 01-31-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AV8RS3V3RN
So I just got off the phone with a auto body shop. Got a quote to get Line X Premium (black) for $615! Now it's time to start ripping out carpet, plastic and start sanding!

I'll be posting pics as I progress, and I'll try to put up as much info as I can. Any questions are welcome, though I don't claim to be a pro!
Good luck man, hopefully they won't take near as long as they did for me.. I got mine back exactly 2 weeks later... It was hard and I was very inpatient.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by D_engel
What did you use?
rustoleum road warrior bed liner.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lando
Good luck man, hopefully they won't take near as long as they did for me.. I got mine back exactly 2 weeks later... It was hard and I was very inpatient.
Yea man, they said they will expect to have it in shop for a full week. Hopefully it won't go any longer cuz I'll be bumming rides from friends if that happens!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha my Gf hated it when I had to drive the grand Cherokee to work and she was carless.. It was nice to get my jeep back and really worth the wait
Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lando
Haha my Gf hated it when I had to drive the grand Cherokee to work and she was carless.. It was nice to get my jeep back and really worth the wait
Yea, I unfortunately don't have a 2nd car, but a lot of considerate people who I work with who SHOULD be more than willing to help a guy out! lol.

I'm curious to see what yours ended up looking like? you have any pictures of it? I'm especially curious about a few other details, if you wouldn't mind answering:
1. what did you do to the roughly 2" x 6" ovular hole on each side of the interior paneling in front of the wheel well?
2. Did you remove your rubber trim for the application?
3. Did you reuse or buy new damned plastic pins that hold in all the molding and what not?
4. What did you do with your wires afterward? (route thru rollbar, put into a sheath and tie it up, return to stock config, etc)?
5. Did you apply your own primer, or does Line-X do that, or is it not needed? I'm considering applying a light coat of something since I scratched thru to bare metal in a few spots while removing the sound deadener.

Oh, and F@(& the rear seatbelts. Trying to take those off with just a standard socket is a huge PITA. I wish I had an air ratchet! lol. Good news is that the locktite performs well.

Ooooh, sidenote, I'm no longer a JK Newbie!!! I've attained "Enthusiast" status! lol
Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AV8RS3V3RN

Yea, I unfortunately don't have a 2nd car, but a lot of considerate people who I work with who SHOULD be more than willing to help a guy out! lol.

I'm curious to see what yours ended up looking like? you have any pictures of it? I'm especially curious about a few other details, if you wouldn't mind answering:
1. what did you do to the roughly 2" x 6" ovular hole on each side of the interior paneling in front of the wheel well?
2. Did you remove your rubber trim for the application?
3. Did you reuse or buy new damned plastic pins that hold in all the molding and what not?
4. What did you do with your wires afterward? (route thru rollbar, put into a sheath and tie it up, return to stock config, etc)?
5. Did you apply your own primer, or does Line-X do that, or is it not needed? I'm considering applying a light coat of something since I scratched thru to bare metal in a few spots while removing the sound deadener.

Oh, and F@(& the rear seatbelts. Trying to take those off with just a standard socket is a huge PITA. I wish I had an air ratchet! lol. Good news is that the locktite performs well.

Ooooh, sidenote, I'm no longer a JK Newbie!!! I've attained "Enthusiast" status! lol
I'll post some pics tomorrow when the sun is out
1.i left the holes.. Really not that noticeable
2.not sure what rubber trim you are talking about? If it is just the plastic pieces over front seatbelts and kickpanel, yea just pulled all that off (kinda a pain to put back on because the linex is so thick, especially on the tailgate!)
3.i reused some a replaced some.. Just run down to the auto store and buy a pack.. I believe ford uses the same as Chrysler
4.i used flex tube to route the wires.. Really cleaned it all up and looks good
5.linex does all the prep work.. They even removed the sound deadner for me..

And for those pesky rear seatbelts a 1/2 drive socket knocked them right loose for me.. The driver seat was the worst to remove

And like I said its worth the wait and I'll get some pics for you tomorrow

Any more questions just let me know

Quick Reply: Can't wait for the bedlining!!!